Auto Accident Attorney Potosi, MO
Greater St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Potosi, MOAutomobile Accident Lawyers
Auto accident attorney in Potosi, MO. Auto accidents happen in the blink of an eye in Potosi, MO. If a reckless and careless driver in the Potosi, MO area caused an accident, you need an auto accident attorney who will work for you to recover damages from the liable party. However, not all Potosi, MO auto accident lawyers are created equal. You need a reputable and knowledgeable law firm that prioritizes your needs. You need Halvorsen Klote. We stand by victims of auto accidents in Potosi, MO.
We have won millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our Potosi, MO-area clients in an array of auto accident claims, including:
How Halvorsen Klote Can Help You in Potosi, MO | Auto Accident Attorney Potosi, MO
Did you know that in 2022, there were 1,040 fatalities in car crashes in Missouri and countless more that caused injuries and damages on Missouri’s roadways? If you or a loved one has been involved in an auto accident near Potosi, MO, you may be dealing with legal complexities, financial challenges, emotional anguish, and physical discomfort. You may be pondering how to get adequate compensation for your losses and damages.
That is precisely why you need an experienced auto accident attorney from Halvorsen Klote. Our attorneys specialize in representing victims of car crashes in Potosi, MO. They can assist you in navigating the difficult legal process, negotiating with insurance companies, and receiving fair and just compensation.
Halvorsen Klote is a personal injury law firm based in St. Louis with experience in handling Potosi, MO auto accident cases. We have won countless cases for our clients and have been graced with rave reviews from numerous satisfied customers. Our attorneys are dedicated to serving victims and their families in Potosi, MO. Give us a call today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online.
Causes and Types of Auto Accidents in Potosi, MO | Auto Accident Attorney Potosi, MO
Auto accidents can happen for various reasons in Potosi, MO and can involve different types of vehicles and collisions. A few of the typical causes of auto accidents in Potosi, MO include:
- Distracted driving: This occurs when a driver is not paying attention to the road or the traffic because they are texting, eating, drinking, changing the music, talking to passengers, or engaging in any other activity that distracts them from driving.
- Speeding: This occurs when a driver exceeds the legal speed limit or drives too fast for the road conditions. Speeding reduces the driver’s reaction time, increases the braking distance, and increases the severity of the accident.
- Drunk driving: This occurs when a driver operates a vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Driving under the influence impairs the driver’s judgment, vision, coordination, and reflexes, making them more likely to cause an accident.
Various kinds of injuries and damages can occur depending on the type and cause of car crash. The following are some of the common injuries and damages:
- Whiplash: This is a neck injury caused by a sudden back-and-forth movement of the head during a collision. It can cause pain, stiffness, headaches, dizziness, and reduced range of motion.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI): This is a brain injury caused by a blow or jolt to the head during a collision. It can cause cognitive impairment, memory loss, mood changes, seizures, coma, or death.
- Spinal cord injury (SCI): This is a spinal injury caused by a fracture or dislocation of the vertebrae during a collision. It can cause paralysis, numbness, tingling, loss of bladder or bowel control, or sexual dysfunction.
- Broken bones: These are fractures caused by the impact or pressure of a collision. They can affect any part of the body and cause pain, swelling, bruising, deformity, or infection.
- Lacerations: Cuts or tears caused by broken glass or metal shards during a collision, lacerations can cause infection, nerve damage, scarring, and bleeding.
- Burns: These are injuries caused by fire or hot fluids during a collision. They can cause pain, blistering, peeling, disfigurement, or infection.
Potosi, MO auto accidents can have devastating and lasting consequences for the victims and their friends and families. Along with many of the physical conditions listed above, potential consequences of auto accidents can include emotional trauma – such as trauma-related distress, fear, severe sadness, frustration, guilt, or loss – and considerable financial hardships like medical expenses, property damage, lost income, reduced earning capacity, or funeral costs. The Halvorsen Klote auto accident attorneys are here for you. Give us a call right now at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.
Other cases we take on in the Potosi, MO area include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
What to Do After an Auto Accident in the Potosi, MO Area | Auto Accident Attorney Potosi, MO
It is crucial to take certain steps to protect your legal rights, safety, and health when you or someone you care about has been involved in an auto accident near Potosi, MO. Here are some of the the steps you should take after an auto accident:
- Seek medical attention: The first and most crucial step is to obtain medical care for yourself and anyone else who is injured in Potosi, MO. You should get by a medical professional as quickly as possible, even if you feel fine or you think your injuries are minor. Some injuries may not manifest symptoms right away or may worsen over time. Getting medical attention can also help document your injuries and associate them to the accident.
- Contact the police: Notifying the police and reporting the accident is the second step. The police will arrive at the scene near Potosi, MO and investigate the accident. They will also generate a report that includes vital information such as the date, time, precise location, weather, road conditions, witnesses, parties involved, injuries, damages, citations issued, etc. This report can be helpful for your legal claim later on.
- Collect evidence: The next step is to collect evidence from the scene of the accident in Potosi, MO. This includes taking photos or videos of the vehicles involved, the vehicle and/or property damage sustained, the injuries suffered, the skid marks, the debris, the traffic signs or signals, etc. You should get the names, addresses, phone numbers, license plate numbers, driver’s license numbers, and insurance information of all parties involved in the accident. You should also document the names and contact information of any witnesses who witnessed the incident in Potosi, MO. Don’t forget to keep any receipts or bills related to your accident expenses.
- Avoid admitting fault or signing anything without a lawyer: Be sure to avoid admitting fault or signing anything without a lawyer. After an accident, you may be contacted by the other party’s insurance company or lawyer. They may try to get you to admit fault for the Potosi, MO accident, accept a lowball settlement offer, or sign a document that releases your right to sue. You should absolutely avoid doing any of these things without seeking advice from your own lawyer first. Anything you sign or say can be used against you at a later date and decrease your chances of getting fair compensation.
- Seek legal advice: The final step is to immediately seek legal advice from a knowledgeable Potosi, MO auto accident lawyer. A skilled attorney from Halvorsen Klote can help you understand your legal options and rights, assess your case, gather evidence, file claims, deal with insurance companies, prove liability and damages, negotiate settlements, or go to trial. An attorney can also help you steer clear of typical mistakes that can affect your case, like not meeting important timelines, offering inconsistent accounts, or accepting an inadequate settlement. Give HK Law a call right away at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.
Benefits of Hiring Halvorsen Klote | Auto Accident Attorney Potosi, MO
Hiring a Potosi, MO auto accident attorney from Halvorsen Klote can have a substantial effect on the outcome of your case. The following are examples of the advantages of hiring one of our experienced attorneys:
- No fees unless we win
- Experienced trial lawyers
- Focus on personal injury cases
- Available 24/7
- Real results for our clients
- “Just wow. I never expected the outcome of my case to EXCEED my expectations. This firm knows what they are doing when it comes to personal injury matters. They are easy to get ahold of and are very helpful. Safe to say, I found my firm for life.” - Kala Carpenter
- “Highly recommend! They had exceptional customer satisfaction and did everything possible to help the customer!!” - Tyler Cowan
- “Had a wonderful and very positive experience dealing with everyone at the office. I had no idea what I was walking into and they helped me every step of the way! I would definitely recommend checking with them for your legal worries and you will feel awesome dealing with such a good team!” - Hunter Dale
Halvorsen Klote does not charge any upfront fees for legal representation in Potosi, MO. We work on a contingency basis, which means that you only pay us a percentage of the settlement or verdict if we win your case. If we don’t win, you don’t pay anything.
We have a staff of talented and knowledgeable trial lawyers who are not hesitant to take your case to court when necessary. We have won significant compensation for our Potosi, MO clients and have represented countless cases involving car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, dog bites, slip and fall injuries, nursing home negligence, wrongful death, and more in and around Potosi, MO.
HK Law focuses exclusively on personal injury cases. We have the knowledge and expertise to handle the complex legal aspects that emerge in Potosi, MO car accident cases. We know how to negotiate with insurance companies, establish liability and damages, and seek fair and just compensation for our clients.
At Halvorsen Klote, we pride ourselves on our communication and responsiveness. Our legal team is available 24/7 to answer your questions and address your concerns. We will keep you informed and updated throughout the entire process and make sure you are comfortable with every decision we make.
Halvorsen Klote has a proven track record of delivering successful results for our clients in Potosi, MO. We have received rave reviews and positive accolades from our satisfied customers who have experienced our professional approach, empathy, devotion, and success. Here are some examples of what our clients have expressed about us:
If you have been injured in an auto accident near Potosi, MO, you need an auto accident lawyer from Halvorsen Klote on your side. Contact us today for a no-cost case review. We will listen to your story, evaluate your case, and guide you on the best course of action. We’ll vigorously advocate for your rights and interests and help you get the compensation you deserve. You can call us at 866-382-4167 or complete our contact form online.
Don’t wait any longer. Contact Halvorsen Klote today and let us help you with your auto accident case.