Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Potosi, MO
Potosi, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Potosi, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Potosi, MO. There's no doubting the feeling of freedom and excitement motorcyclists feel when riding their bikes. However, Potosi, MO motorcyclists are at heightened danger compared to other motorists. Injuries sustained in motorcycle crashes can cause immediate and devastating financial, physical and emotional burdens. If you were injured by a negligent driver, trust in the Potosi, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our diligence and client-centered approach will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Potosi, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a free case evaluation. We serve clients throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Potosi, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no upfront costs, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury cases in Potosi, MO:
Potosi, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Across the country, in 2020 motorcycle accidents lead to 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, out of 2,177 motorcycle accidents, 1,658 people were injured and 118 people died, according to the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the Greater St. Louis area, there were 321 crashes, which lead to 240 injuries and 9 deaths.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle crashes, which resulted in 2,404 injuries, 867 catastrophic injuries and 152 fatalities.
More Potosi, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a deeper dive into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Despite the fact that .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycles account for 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to data from the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are estimated to be 41 percent successful at stopping motorcycle passenger deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while .068 percent of motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illuminating why motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when people are more likely to be drinking and after dark.
While some people don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the lion's share of bikers practice safety measures. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that gets people hurt. If another driver in the Potosi, MO area injured you, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you recover the money you are entitled to.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Potosi, MO?
Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Drunk driving accidents are the most common cause of motor vehicle accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately one person every three quarters of an hour. Drunk driving contributed to over a third of of fatal motorcycle crashes.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than a motorcycle, road hazards such as uneven pavement, slick surfaces, potholes, and signs that limit visibility create an increased risk. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the at-fault party may be a government entity or construction company.
Almost 50 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains are scanning for cars, but don't register motorcycles at cars.
Thirty-three percent of fatal motorcycle accidents had speeding as a contributing factor. While some bikers are known to speed, they can also be caused by enclosed-vehicle motorists who force a biker to take evasive action.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as passenger cars, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like downshifting, preventing the break lights from coming on. Still, just as in a crash between two cars or a car and a truck, the trailing has a responsibility to slow down in time.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Potosi, MO Help Me?
Most are looking to hire a personal injury before have never had an injury before, and are unsure how to go about receiving compensation and what a full financial recovery for their injuries is. A Halvorsen Klote Potosi, MO motorcycle accidents attorney be your legal advocate by:
- Conducting an extensive investigation into your accidentin order to acquire valuable evidence and identify all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our legal knowledge and network of Potosi, MO collision experts to ascertain who we need to make a claim against and for how much.
- Offering sound legal advice as we negotiate with the insurance company, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for you, your future, and your Potosi, MO loved ones.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you know we are giving it our full attention. We take pride in our ability to make our clients feel valued.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make get every penny you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters will sometimes flat out lie to you and mislead to you make you think your claim is worth less than it really is. We founded our practice on the idea accident victims and their families should have access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Overseeing all of the legal aspects of your case so you can spend your energy on what matters most: reaching your best possible medical recovery and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Ensure that you get the best possible financial recovery for all of your damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, anything you paid out-of-pocket and less tangible damages like pain and suffering.
When you're injured through no fault of your own, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Potosi, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are rightfully compensated for your injuries.
Other cases we take on in Potosi, MO include:
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Potosi, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Potosi, MO did not do the right thing. To speak to a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.