Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Wellsville, MO
Wellsville, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Wellsville, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Wellsville, MO. Riding a motorcycle can give you a great mixture of peace and excitement. However, too many other drivers on the Wellsville, MO roads either don't pay enough attention to motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries sustained in motorcycle crashes can cause immediate and devastating financial, physical and emotional burdens. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, Halvorsen Klote's Wellsville, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our high-quality legal advocacy in a personalized atmosphere will help you feel at ease and confident that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Wellsville, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Wellsville, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no upfront costs, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury cases in Wellsville, MO:
Wellsville, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
In the United States, in 2020 motorcycle accidents resulted in 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, there were 2,177 motorcycle accidents, resulting in 1,658 injuries and 118 fatalities, based on info from the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the Greater St. Louis area, there were 321 crashes, which resulted in 240 injuries and 9 deaths.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle crashes, which caused 2,404 injuries, 867 "A-list" injuries and 152 deaths.
Other Wellsville, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a deeper look into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Even though .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycles account for 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of total injuries, according to statistics compiled by the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are considered to be 37 percent successful in preventing fatal injuries to motorcycle operators.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while a percentage of over 5 times more motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries were more common than fatalities by a factor of over 100, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illustrating how motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when it is harder to see motorcyclists.
While some drivers have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the vast majority of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or their wariness to share the road that gets people hurt. If another driver in the Wellsville, MO area injured you, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Wellsville, MO?
DUIs or DWIs
Drunk driving accidents are the most common type of motor vehicle accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving contributed to over three-tenths of fatal motorcycle crashes.
Because motorcycles have less of a base than other vehicles, road hazards such as ruts in the road, inclement weather, potholes, and animals pose a heightened risk. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the at-fault party may be a government entity or construction company.
Over 40 percent of motorcycle accidents that result in death occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains are scanning for cars, but don't register motorcycles at cars.
Thirty-three percent of motorcycle fatalities were caused at least in part by speeding. While some bikers are known to speed, they can also be caused by car or truck drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as passenger cars, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like rolling off the throttle, preventing the break lights from coming on. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to give you enough space to break safely.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Wellsville, MO Help Me?
Most are looking to hire a personal injury before have never been in a situation like this before, and don't know the process of filing a claim and the value of the claim. A Halvorsen Klote Wellsville, MO motorcycle accidents attorney be your legal advocate by:
- Fully investigating your caseso that we can acquire valuable evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all at-fault parties. We use our experience and network of Wellsville, MO accident experts to determine how much your injuries are worth and who needs to be held accountable.
- Offering sound legal counsel as we negotiate with the insurance company, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for you and your Wellsville, MO family.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the status of your claim so that you know we are giving it our full attention. We take pride in our client-centered approach to legal representation.
- Leveling the playing field against large insurance companies so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters love to take advantage of people who do not know the law. We founded our practice on the idea accident victims and their families should have access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Handling all of the legal aspects of your case so you can spend your energy on what matters most: healing and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Ensure that you receive maximum compensation for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, chiropractic appointments, prescription and more, lost wages, anything you paid out-of-pocket and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're injured through no fault of your own, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The Wellsville, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you do not have to go through this alone.
Other cases we handle in Wellsville, MO include:
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Wellsville, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Wellsville, MO did not do the right thing. For a complimentary consultation with an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.