Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Lemay, MO
Lemay, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Lemay, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Lemay, MO. Motorcycles provide an almost meditative sense of peace and thrill. However, too many other drivers on the Lemay, MO roads either don't respect the safety of motorcyclists or are actively hostile against them. Injuries experienced in motorcycle crashes can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of anxiety. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, trust in the Lemay, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to help you get your life back on track. Our diligence and client-centered approach will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict from a jury. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Lemay, MO today at 866-382-4167 or get in touch with us online for a free case review. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Lemay, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you pay us a percentage of your financial recovery, but only if we win your case.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys take on the following personal injury cases in Lemay, MO:
Lemay, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following statistics are for the total crashes, injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
Other Lemay, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are startling, but|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks is stark:
- Even though .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of all injuries, according to the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are considered to be 41 percent successful at preventing fatal injuries for motorcycle passengers.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, meaning motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after dark.
While some drivers give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the bulk of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or their wariness to share the road that causes someone else injuries. If another driver in the Lemay, MO area injured you, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you recover the money you are entitled to.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Lemay, MO?
Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Drunk driving accidents are the most common cause of traffic-related accidents, and in the U.S. it kills about one person every 45 minutes. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over a third of of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than a motorcycle, road hazards such as ruts in the road, inclement weather, potholes, and poorly placed signs create an increased risk. Even if you were not hit by another person, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was in charge of ensuring the road's safety.
Almost 50 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're looking. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains are more used to looking for cars than motorcycles.
Thirty-three percent of motorcycle fatalities were caused at least in part by speeding. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, another culprit is passenger car drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as other vehicles, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like rolling off the throttle, preventing the break lights from coming on. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to give you enough space to break safely.
What Can Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Lemay, MO Do For My Case?
Most of our clients have never had an injury before, and are unsure how to go about filing a claim and how much their injuries are worth. A Halvorsen Klote Lemay, MO motorcycle accidents attorney represent with the highest-quality legal advocacy by:
- Performing an exhaustive investigation into your caseso that we can acquire the necessary evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all at-fault parties. You will have the advantage of our experience and network of Lemay, MO crash experts to ascertain who we need to make a claim against and for how much.
- Offering sound legal advice as your case progresses, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your Lemay, MO family.
- Letting you know what's going on in your case so that you are not left wondering. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Leveling the playing field against powerful insurance companies so you make get every penny you are owed. Insurance adjusters know that the average person doesn't know injury law. We founded our practice on the notion accident victims and their families should have expert legal representation that gets results.
- Handling the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can spend your energy on what's important: reaching your best possible medical recovery and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Ensure that you get a full financial recovery for all of your damages, including your urgent care bills, procedures, physical therapy, prescription and more, lost wages, anything you paid out-of-pocket and noneconomic damages.
When you're injured even though you didn't do anything wrong, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The Lemay, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you do not have to go through this alone.
Other cases we handle in Lemay, MO include:
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Lemay, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Lemay, MO did not do the right thing. To speak to an expert motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.