Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Lemay, MO
Lemay, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Lemay, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Lemay, MO. Motorcycles provide an almost meditative sense of peace and thrill. However, too many other drivers on the Lemay, MO roads either don't pay enough attention to motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries suffered in motorcycle crashes can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of anxiety. If you were injured by a negligent driver, Halvorsen Klote's Lemay, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will help you get your life back on track. Our high-quality legal advocacy in a personalized environment will give you piece of mind and confidence that your case will reach a successful resolution. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Lemay, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Lemay, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means you pay nothing upfront, and you pay us a percentage of your financial recovery, but only if we win your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury claims in Lemay, MO:
Lemay, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following statistics are for the total crashes, injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
More Lemay, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks shows how dangerous motorcyclists can be when other people don't pay attention on the road:
- Even though .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are estimated to be 41 percent successful at stopping motorcycle passenger deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries were more common than fatalities by a factor of over 100, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illuminating why motorcyclists are much more likely to die in an accident.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, on weekends when people are more likely to be intoxicated and after dark.
While some drivers have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the bulk of bikers value their safety. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't look out for bikers or don't want to share the road. If you were hurt because another Lemay, MO driver did not look out for your safety, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best results in your case.
What Are Common Causes of Lemay, MO Motorcycle Accidents?
Driving Under the Influence
Drunk driving contributes to more motor vehicle accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving contributed to 34 percent of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because motorcycles have less of a base than other vehicles, motorcycle are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as ruts in the road, slippery surfaces, potholes, and animals. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the responsible party may be a government entity or construction company.
Almost 50 percent of motorcycle accidents that cause death occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're looking. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains scan for cars but has not been sufficiently trained to scan for motorcycles.
A third of motorcycle fatalities involve speeding. While many of those crashes are caused by a speeding motorcycles, another culprit is enclosed-vehicle motorists driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than passenger cars, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like downshifting, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. Still, just as in a crash between two cars or a car and a truck, the driver behind the other vehicle is almost always at complete fault for the accident.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Lemay, MO?
Most are looking to hire a personal injury before have never had to hire a lawyer before, and are unsure the process of filing a claim and how much their injuries are worth. A Halvorsen Klote Lemay, MO motorcycle accidents attorney be your legal advocate by:
- Conducting an exhaustive investigation into your claimin order to acquire important evidence and identify all liable parties. We use our experience and network of Lemay, MO collision experts to determine the precise cause of your injuries.
- Providing you with sound legal advice as we negotiate with the insurance company, so you can make the best decision for you, your future, and your Lemay, MO loved ones.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you know we are giving it our full attention. We take pride in our ability to make our clients feel valued.
- Leveling the playing field against large insurance companies so you make a full financial recovery. Insurance adjusters use a lot of tricks to avoid paying claims. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones expert legal representation that gets results.
- Handling the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can spend your energy on what's important: reaching your best possible medical recovery and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Make sure that you receive maximum compensation for all of your damages, including your urgent care bills, procedures, chiropractic appointments, prescription and more, lost wages, out-of-pocket expenses and pain and suffering.
When you're following all the rules and end up injured because somebody else did something wrong, it immediately disrupts your life. The Lemay, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are taken care of.
Lemay, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Lemay, MO did not do the right thing. To speak to a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.