Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Mexico, MO
Mexico, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Mexico, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Mexico, MO. Motorcycles provide an almost meditative sense of peace and thrill. However, Mexico, MO motorcyclists are at heightened danger compared to other motorists. Injuries experienced in motorcycle crashes can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of uncertainty. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, trust in the Mexico, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to get you the best possible financial recovery for your injuries. Our experience and client-centered approach will give you piece of mind and confidence that your case will reach a successful resolution. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Mexico, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Mexico, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no upfront costs, and you pay us a percentage of your financial recovery, but only if we reach a successful conclusion for your case.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys take on the following personal injury cases in Mexico, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Mexico, Missouri and Illinois?
In the United States, in 2020 motorcycle crashes lead to 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, out of 2,177 motorcycle accidents, 1,658 people were injured and 118 people died, according to the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the St. Louis metropolitan area, there were 321 crashes, which lead to 240 injuries and 9 deaths.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle accidents, which resulted in 2,404 injuries, 867 debilitating injuries and 152 deaths.
Other Mexico, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a deeper study into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Despite the fact that motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to statistics compiled by the National Safety Council.
- Over a recent 15 year period, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are considered to be 41 percent effective at stopping motorcycle passenger deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while a percentage of over 5 times more motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illuminating why motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when visibility is lower.
While some motorists have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the bulk of bikers practice safety tips. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't pay attention or don't want to share the road. If you were hurt because another Mexico, MO driver was negligent, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best possible financial recovery.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Mexico, MO?
Driving Under the Influence
Drunk driving contributes to more traffic-related accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills roughly one person every 45 minutes. Drunk driving contributed to over three-tenths of fatal motorcycle crashes.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than a motorcycle, motorcycle are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as ruts in the road, slick surfaces, potholes, and gravel. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the at-fault party may be a government entity or construction company.
Forty-two percent of motorcycle accidents that lead to death occur at intersections when a passenger car turning left hits a motorcyclist going straight. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're looking. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains scan for cars but has not been sufficiently trained to scan for motorcycles.
Over 30 percent of fatal motorcycle accidents had speeding as a contributing factor. While many of those crashes are caused by a speeding motorcycles, another culprit is enclosed-vehicle motorists driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles have a smaller breaking distance than cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like rolling off the throttle, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to give you enough space to break safely.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Mexico, MO Help Me?
Most of our clients have never had an injury before, and are unsure the process of filing a claim and how much full compensation really looks like. A Halvorsen Klote Mexico, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will help your case by:
- Carrying out a complete investigation into your caseso that we can obtain important evidence and identify all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our experience and network of Mexico, MO collision experts to determine how much your injuries are worth and who needs to be held accountable.
- Offering sound legal counsel throughout the duration of your claim, so you can make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Mexico, MO.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the progress of your claim so that you are not left wondering. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Leveling the playing field against large insurance companies so you make get every penny you deserve. Insurance adjusters use a lot of tricks to avoid paying claims. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Handling all documentation, negotiation and litigation so you can spend your energy on what matters most: healing and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Make sure that you receive a full financial recovery for all of your damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, out-of-pocket expenses and pain and suffering.
When you're injured in a motorcycle accident because of somebody else's negligence, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Mexico, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are taken care of.
Other cases we take on in Mexico, MO include:
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Mexico, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. We've devoted our practice to helping those Mexico, MO individuals and families who have been treated unfairly. To speak to an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.