Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Vandalia, MO
Vandalia, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Vandalia, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Vandalia, MO. Riding a motorcycle can give you a great mixture of peace and excitement. However, Vandalia, MO motorcyclists are at heightened danger compared to other motorists. Injuries sustained in motorcycle crashes can be ruinous and have long-term effects. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, trust in the Vandalia, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to help you get your life back on track. Our high-quality legal advocacy in a personalized environment will help you feel at ease and confident that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict in court. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Vandalia, MO today at 866-382-4167 or get in touch with us online for a complimentary case review. We serve clients throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Vandalia, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means you pay nothing upfront, and you pay us a percentage of your financial recovery, but only if we reach a successful conclusion for your case.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury cases in Vandalia, MO:
Vandalia, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
In the United States, in 2020 motorcycle crashes lead to 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, out of 2,177 motorcycle accidents, 1,658 people were injured and 118 people died, according to the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the St. Louis metropolitan area, there were 321 crashes, which resulted in 240 people becoming injured and 9 people passing away.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle accidents, which lead to 2,404 injuries, 867 serious injuries and 152 fatalities.
Other Vandalia, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are alarming, but|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks is stark:
- Despite the fact that .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycles account for 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to statistics compiled by the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are considered to be 37 percent successful in stopping fatal injuries to motorcycle operators.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while a percentage of over 5 times more motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, meaning motorcycles are more dangerous to operate than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when people are more likely to be intoxicated and after 6 P.M. when it is harder to see motorcyclists.
While some drivers don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the lion's share of bikers value their safety. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't pay attention or don't want to share the road. If another driver in the Vandalia, MO area injured you, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best results in your case.
What Are Common Causes of Vandalia, MO Motorcycle Accidents?
Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Drunk driving accidents are the most common cause of motor vehicle accidents, and in the U.S. it kills about one person every three quarters of an hour. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over three-tenths of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than one with 2 wheels, motorcycle are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as ruts in the road, slick surfaces, potholes, and animals. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the liable party may be a government entity or construction company.
Forty-two percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is due to something called "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains cannot notice a smaller vehicle like a motorcycle because of how much sensory information we receive as we drive.
Thirty-three percent of motorcycle fatalities were caused at least in part by speeding. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, they can also be caused by enclosed-vehicle motorists who force a biker to take evasive action.
Motorcycles have a smaller breaking distance than cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists roll off the throttle to break, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to give you enough space to break safely.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Vandalia, MO Help Me?
Most are looking to hire a personal injury before have never been in a situation like this before, and are unsure the process of receiving compensation and whether the insurance company is being fair. A Halvorsen Klote Vandalia, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will immediately start working on your case by:
- Performing a full investigation into your accidentin order to obtain important evidence and identify all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our expertise and network of Vandalia, MO crash experts to ascertain who needs to be held accountable.
- Offering sound legal guidance as we negotiate with the insurance company, so you can make the best decision for you and your Vandalia, MO family.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the progress of your claim so that you are never left in the dark. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make a full financial recovery. Insurance adjusters use a lot of tricks to avoid paying claims. We founded our practice on the principle accident victims and their families should have quality legal representation that gets results.
- Managing all of the legal aspects of your case so you can spend your time on what matters most: healing and putting your life back together.
- Make sure that you get maximum compensation for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, chiropractic appointments, prescription and more, lost wages, other expenses related to your injury and less tangible damages like pain and suffering.
When you're injured in a motorcycle accident because of somebody else's negligence, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Vandalia, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are taken care of.
Other cases we handle in Vandalia, MO include:
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Vandalia, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Vandalia, MO did not do the right thing. To speak to an expert motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.