Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Festus, MO
Festus, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Festus, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Festus, MO. Motorcycles offer an amazing sense of fellowship and thrill. However, too many other drivers on the Festus, MO roads either don't respect the safety of motorcyclists or are actively hostile against them. Injuries experienced in motorcycle wrecks can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of anxiety. If wasn't paying attention and hurt you, Halvorsen Klote's Festus, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will help you get your life back on track. Our diligence and client-centered approach will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Festus, MO today at 866-382-4167 or get in touch with us online for a free consultation. We serve clients throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Festus, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury cases in Festus, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Festus, Missouri and Illinois?
In the United States, in 2020 motorcycle wrecks lead to 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, out of 2,177 motorcycle accidents, 1,658 people were injured and 118 people died, based on research compiled in the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the Greater St. Louis area, there were 321 crashes, which caused 240 people becoming injured and 9 people passing away.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle crashes, which caused 2,404 injuries, 867 severely debilitating injuries and 152 fatalities.
More Festus, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a deeper study into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Even though .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycles account for 14 percent of deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to data from the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are considered to be 37 percent effective in stopping motorcycle operator deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while .068 percent of motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries outpaced death by a factor of over 100, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illustrating how motorcyclists are much more likely to die in an accident.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when it is harder to see motorcyclists.
While some people give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the lion's share of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't look out for bikers or don't want to share the road. If another driver in the Festus, MO area injured you, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best possible financial recovery.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Festus, MO?
Driving Under the Influence
Drunk driving accidents are the most common type of traffic-related accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was a factor in 34 percent of motorcycle fatalities.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than a motorcycle, road hazards such as uneven pavement, slippery surfaces, potholes, and poorly placed signs create an increased risk. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the responsible party may be a government entity or construction company.
Over 40 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur at intersections when a car or truck turning left hits a motorcyclist going straight. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're looking. This is due to something called "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains cannot process a smaller vehicle like a motorcycle because of how much sensory information we receive as we drive.
A third of fatal motorcycle accidents were caused at least in part by speeding. While many of those crashes are caused by a speeding motorcycles, they can also be caused by passenger car drivers who force a biker to take evasive action.
Motorcycles have a smaller breaking distance than passenger cars, and many motorcyclists downshift to break, preventing the break lights from coming on. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to give you enough space to break safely.
What Can Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Festus, MO Do For My Case?
Most call us have never been in a situation like this before, and don't know what the procedure is for receiving compensation and what a full financial recovery for their injuries is. A Halvorsen Klote Festus, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will immediately start working on your case by:
- Fully investigating your caseso that we can acquire the necessary evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all at-fault parties. We use our experience and network of Festus, MO accident experts to determine the value of your injuries and who needs to be held accountable.
- Offering sound legal guidance as your case progresses, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for you, your future, and your Festus, MO loved ones.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the status of your claim so that you know we are giving it our full attention. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters use a lot of tricks to avoid paying claims. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Overseeing all documentation, negotiation and litigation so you can spend your energy on what's important: recovering from your injuries and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Ensure that you get maximum compensation for all of your damages, including medical expenses, money you lost from not working, out-of-pocket expenses and noneconomic damages.
When you're following all the rules and end up injured because somebody else did something wrong, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Festus, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you get the recovery you deserve.
Other cases we take on in Festus, MO include:
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Festus, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. We've committed our practice to making a difference in the lives of Festus, MO individuals and families who have been treated unfairly. To speak to a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.