Motorcycle Accidents Attorney O'Fallon, IL
O'Fallon, IL Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | O'Fallon, IL Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in O'Fallon, IL. Motorcycles provide an almost meditative sense of peace and thrill. However, too many other drivers on the O'Fallon, IL roads either don't pay enough attention to motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries sustained in motorcycle wrecks can cause immediate and devastating financial, physical and emotional hardships. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, Halvorsen Klote's O'Fallon, IL motorcycle accidents attorney team will hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our high-quality legal representation in a personalized environment will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in O'Fallon, IL today at 866-382-4167 or get in touch with us online for a free consultation. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in O'Fallon, IL only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys take on the following personal injury cases in O'Fallon, IL:
O'Fallon, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Across the country, in 2020 motorcycle accidents caused 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, out of 2,177 motorcycle accidents, 1,658 people were injured and 118 people died, based on research compiled in the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the Greater St. Louis area, there were 321 crashes, which lead to 240 injuries and 9 deaths.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle accidents, which caused 2,404 injuries, 867 serious injuries and 152 deaths.
Other O'Fallon, IL Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are startling, but|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks is stark:
- Despite the fact that motorcycles make up only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of deaths and 4 percent of all injuries, according to the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are considered to be 41 percent effective at stopping motorcycle passenger deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while .068 percent of motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illustrating how motorcyclists are much more likely to die in an accident.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when bars are at their fullest and after sunset.
While some motorists give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the lion's share of bikers value their safety. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that gets people hurt. If you were hurt because another O'Fallon, IL driver did not look out for your safety, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best results in your case.
What Are Common Causes of O'Fallon, IL Motorcycle Accidents?
Drunk driving accidents are the most common type of motor vehicle accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately one person every 45 minutes. Drunk driving was a factor in over a third of of motorcycle fatalities.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than one with 2 wheels, they are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as uneven pavement, slick surfaces, potholes, and debris. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the at-fault party may be a government entity or construction company.
Almost half of of motorcycle accidents that cause death occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is due to something called "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains scan for cars but has not been sufficiently trained to scan for motorcycles.
A third of motorcycle fatalities were caused at least in part by speeding. While some bikers are known to speed, another culprit is enclosed-vehicle motorists who force a biker to react quicker than they can safely do so.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than passenger cars, and many motorcyclists downshift to come to a stop, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to give you enough space to break safely.
What Can Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in O'Fallon, IL Do For My Case?
Most call us have never been in a situation like this before, and are unsure the process of filing a claim and how much their injuries are worth. A Halvorsen Klote O'Fallon, IL motorcycle accidents attorney will help your case by:
- Conducting a full investigation into your accidentin order to acquire valuable evidence and identify all liable parties. We use our legal knowledge and network of O'Fallon, IL accident experts to determine how much your injuries are worth and who needs to be held responsible.
- Providing you with sound legal guidance throughout the duration of your claim, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for you and your O'Fallon, IL family.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you are not left wondering. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make a full financial recovery. Insurance adjusters use a lot of tricks to avoid paying claims. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones quality legal representation that gets results.
- Handling all documentation, negotiation and litigation so you can focus on what matters most: recovering from your injuries and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Ensure that you receive maximum compensation for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, chiropractic appointments, prescription and more, lost wages, anything you paid out-of-pocket and pain and suffering.
When you're injured even though you didn't do anything wrong, it immediately disrupts your life. The O'Fallon, IL motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are taken care of.
O'Fallon, IL Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. We've dedicated our practice to making a difference in the lives of O'Fallon, IL individuals and families who have been treated unfairly. To speak to an expert motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.