Motorcycle Accidents Attorney O'Fallon, IL
O'Fallon, IL Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | O'Fallon, IL Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in O'Fallon, IL. Motorcycles offer an amazing sense of brotherhood and excitement. However, too many other drivers on the O'Fallon, IL roads either don't respect the safety of motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries experienced in motorcycle accidents can be severe and life-changing. If wasn't paying attention and hurt you, Halvorsen Klote's O'Fallon, IL motorcycle accidents attorney team will get you the best possible financial recovery for your injuries. Our dedication and client-centered approach will help you feel at ease and confident that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in O'Fallon, IL today at 866-382-4167 or get in touch with us online for a complimentary case review. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in O'Fallon, IL only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no upfront costs, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury cases in O'Fallon, IL:
O'Fallon, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
In the United States, in 2020 motorcycle crashes resulted in 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, out of 2,177 motorcycle accidents, 1,658 people were injured and 118 people died, according to the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the St. Louis metropolitan area, there were 321 crashes, which resulted in 240 injuries and 9 deaths.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle crashes, which caused 2,404 injuries, 867 severely debilitating injuries and 152 fatalities.
Other O'Fallon, IL Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are startling, but|a deeper dive into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Even though .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are considered to be 41 percent effective at stopping fatal injuries for motorcycle passengers.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries were more common than fatalities by a factor of over 100, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illuminating why motorcycles are more dangerous to operate than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when people are more likely to be intoxicated and after sunset.
While some people don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the lion's share of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or their wariness to share the road that gets people hurt. If another driver in the O'Fallon, IL area injured you, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you recover the money you are entitled to.
What Are Common Causes of O'Fallon, IL Motorcycle Accidents?
DUIs or DWIs
Drunk driving accidents are the most common type of motor vehicle accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was a factor in over a third of of motorcycle fatalities.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, road hazards such as ruts in the road, slippery surfaces, potholes, and signs that limit visibility create an increased risk. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the at-fault party may be a government entity or construction company.
Over 40 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur at intersections when a passenger car turning left hits a motorcyclist going straight. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains scan for cars but has not been sufficiently trained to scan for motorcycles.
Thirty-three percent of motorcycle crash deaths involve speeding. While many of those crashes are caused by a speeding motorcycles, another culprit is passenger car drivers who force a biker to take evasive action.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists roll off the throttle to break, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. Still, just as in a crash between two cars, the trailing vehicle is almost always at complete fault for the accident.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in O'Fallon, IL?
Most who come to see us have never been in a situation like this before, and don't know what the procedure is for receiving compensation and how much their injuries are worth. A Halvorsen Klote O'Fallon, IL motorcycle accidents attorney represent with the highest-quality legal advocacy by:
- Fully investigating your casein order to gather valuable evidence and identify all liable parties. We use our experience and network of O'Fallon, IL crash experts to ascertain who we need to make a claim against and for how much.
- Offering sound legal counsel throughout the duration of your claim, so you can make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in O'Fallon, IL.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you are not left wondering. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make get every penny you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters know that the average person doesn't know injury law. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Managing all of the legal aspects of your case so you can spend your energy on what's important: healing and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Fight hard for you so that you receive maximum compensation for all of your damages, including medical expenses, money you lost from not working, other expenses related to your injury and noneconomic damages.
When you're injured through no fault of your own, it immediately disrupts your life. The O'Fallon, IL motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you get the recovery you deserve.
Other cases we take on in O'Fallon, IL include:
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
O'Fallon, IL Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. We've devoted our practice to making a difference in the lives of O'Fallon, IL residents who have been treated unfairly. For a complimentary consultation with an expert motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.