Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Belleville, IL
Belleville, IL Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Belleville, IL Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Belleville, IL. There's no doubting the sense of freedom and excitement motorcyclists feel when riding their motorcycles. However, Belleville, IL motorcyclists are at heightened danger compared to other motorists. Injuries suffered in motorcycle crashes can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of anxiety. If you were injured by a negligent driver, trust in the Belleville, IL motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to help you get your life back on track. Our high-quality legal representation in a personalized environment will help you feel at ease and confident that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict at trial. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Belleville, IL today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Belleville, IL works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you pay us a percentage of your financial recovery, but only if we reach a successful conclusion for your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury cases in Belleville, IL:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Belleville, Missouri and Illinois?
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following represents the total crashes, injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
More Belleville, IL Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a deeper dive into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Even though .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of deaths and 4 percent of all injuries, according to data from the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are estimated to be 37 percent successful in stopping fatal injuries to motorcycle operators.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries outpaced death by a factor of over 100, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illustrating how motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when visibility is lower.
While some people have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the bulk of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that causes someone else injuries. If you were hurt because another Belleville, IL driver did not look out for your safety, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you recover the money you are entitled to.
What Are Common Causes of Belleville, IL Motorcycle Accidents?
Driving Under the Influence
Drunk driving accidents are the most common type of traffic-related accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over a third of of motorcycle fatalities.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than one with 2 wheels, motorcycle are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as ruts in the road, slippery surfaces, potholes, and gravel. Even if another motorist was not involved in your accident, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was in charge of ensuring the road's safety.
Almost half of of fatal motorcycle crashes occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're looking. This is due to something called "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains are more used to looking for cars than motorcycles.
Over 30 percent of fatal motorcycle accidents had speeding as a contributing factor. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, they can also be caused by passenger car drivers who force a biker to embark on emergency falls.
Motorcycles have a smaller breaking distance than passenger cars, and many motorcyclists roll off the throttle to slow down, preventing the break lights from coming on. Still, just as in a crash between two cars, the driver behind the other has a responsibility to slow down in time.
What Can Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Belleville, IL Do For My Case?
Most seek out our services have never had to hire a lawyer before, and are unsure how to go about filing a claim and the value of the claim. A Halvorsen Klote Belleville, IL motorcycle accidents attorney be your legal advocate by:
- Conducting a complete investigation into your accidentin order to gather valuable evidence and identify all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our experience and network of Belleville, IL accident experts to ascertain who needs to be held accountable.
- Providing you with sound legal advice as your case progresses, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for you, your future, and your Belleville, IL loved ones.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the progress of your claim so that you are not left wondering. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Leveling the playing field against wealthy insurance companies so you make a full financial recovery. Insurance adjusters use a lot of tricks to avoid paying claims. We founded our practice on the notion accident victims and their families should have expert legal representation that gets results.
- Overseeing the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can focus on what matters most: reaching your best possible medical recovery and putting your life back together.
- Make sure that you get the best possible financial recovery for everything you are owed, including medical expenses, lost wages, other expenses related to your injury and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're injured even though you didn't do anything wrong, it immediately disrupts your life. The Belleville, IL motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you do not have to go through this alone.
Other cases we handle in Belleville, IL include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Belleville, IL Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. We've committed our practice to helping those Belleville, IL individuals and families who have been treated unfairly. For a free case evaluation with an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.