Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Belleville, IL
Belleville, IL Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Belleville, IL Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Belleville, IL. Motorcycles offer an amazing sense of companionship and thrill. However, Belleville, IL motorcyclists are at heightened danger compared to other motorists. Injuries experienced in motorcycle wrecks can cause immediate and devastating financial, physical and emotional burdens. If wasn't paying attention and hurt you, Halvorsen Klote's Belleville, IL motorcycle accidents attorney team will hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our dedication and client-centered approach will give you piece of mind and confidence that your case will reach a successful resolution. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Belleville, IL today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review. We serve clients throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Belleville, IL works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys take on the following personal injury cases in Belleville, IL:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Belleville, Missouri and Illinois?
Nationwide, in 2020 motorcycle crashes caused 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, there were 2,177 motorcycle accidents, resulting in 1,658 injuries and 118 fatalities, according to the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the Greater St. Louis area, there were 321 crashes, which resulted in 240 people becoming injured and 9 people passing away.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle crashes, which lead to 2,404 injuries, 867 severely debilitating injuries and 152 deaths.
More Belleville, IL Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks shows how dangerous motorcyclists can be when other people don't pay attention on the road:
- Despite the fact that .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of deaths and 4 percent of all injuries, according to data from the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are considered to be 41 percent successful at stopping fatal injuries for motorcycle passengers.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while a percentage of over 5 times more motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, meaning motorcyclists are much more likely to die in an accident.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when visibility is lower.
While some motorists give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the bulk of bikers are vigilant about theirs and others' safety. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that causes someone else injuries. If you were hurt because another Belleville, IL driver did not look out for your safety, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best results in your case.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Belleville, IL?
Driving Under the Influence
Drunk driving accidents are the most common type of motor vehicle accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over a third of of motorcycle fatalities.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, road hazards such as ruts in the road, slick surfaces, potholes, and poorly placed signs create an increased risk. Even if you were not hit by another person, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company responsible for maintaining the road.
Almost 50 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur at intersections when a car or truck turning left hits a motorcyclist who had the right of way. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains cannot process a smaller vehicle like a motorcycle because of our limited ability to take in sensory information only lets us see cars and trucks.
Over 30 percent of motorcycle fatalities were caused at least in part by speeding. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, they can also be caused by car or truck drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than passenger cars, and many motorcyclists downshift to break, preventing the break lights from coming on. Still, just as in a crash between two cars or a car and a truck, the driver behind the other has a responsibility to slow down in time.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Belleville, IL?
Most call us have never had an injury before, and don't know how to go about filing a claim and whether the insurance company is being fair. A Halvorsen Klote Belleville, IL motorcycle accidents attorney will immediately start working on your case by:
- Fully investigating your claimin order to gather valuable evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all liable parties. We use our experience and network of Belleville, IL accident experts to determine who we need to make a claim against and for how much.
- Offering sound legal counsel as we go back and forth with the insurance company, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Belleville, IL.
- Making sure you always know how your case is progression so that you know we are giving it our full attention. We take pride in our ability to make our clients feel valued.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters love to take advantage of people who do not know the law. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Handling all of the legal aspects of your case so you can focus on what matters most: reaching your best possible medical recovery and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Make sure that you get maximum compensation for everything you are owed, including medical expenses, lost wages, out-of-pocket expenses and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're injured through no fault of your own, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The Belleville, IL motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are rightfully compensated for your injuries.
Belleville, IL Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Belleville, IL did not do the right thing. For a complimentary consultation with an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.