Motorcycle Accidents Attorney St. Charles, MO
St. Charles, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | St. Charles, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in St. Charles, MO. Motorcycles offer an amazing sense of companionship and excitement. However, St. Charles, MO motorcyclists are at heightened danger compared to other motorists. Injuries experienced in motorcycle wrecks can be severe and have long-term effects. If wasn't paying attention and hurt you, trust in the St. Charles, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to help you get your life back on track. Our diligence and client-centered approach will help you feel at ease and confident that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in St. Charles, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a complimentary case evaluation. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in St. Charles, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means you pay nothing upfront, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury claims in St. Charles, MO:
St. Charles, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following represents the total crashes, injuries and deaths in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
Other St. Charles, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks is stark:
- Even though motorcycles make up only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycles account for 14 percent of deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to statistics compiled by the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are considered to be 37 percent successful in stopping fatal injuries to motorcycle operators.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while a percentage of over 5 times more motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illuminating why motorcyclists are much more likely to die in an accident.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after sunset.
While some motorists don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the bulk of bikers value their safety. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't pay attention or don't want to share the road. If another driver in the St. Charles, MO area injured you, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best possible financial recovery.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen in St. Charles, MO?
DUIs or DWIs
Drunk driving contributes to more traffic-related accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving contributed to 34 percent of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than a motorcycle, motorcycle are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as ruts in the road, slippery surfaces, potholes, and gravel. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the responsible party may be a government entity or construction company.
Over 40 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur at intersections when a car or truck turning left hits a motorcyclist going straight. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're looking. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains are more used to looking for cars than motorcycles.
A third of motorcycle crash deaths were caused at least in part by speeding. While many of those crashes are caused by a speeding motorcycles, they can also be caused by enclosed-vehicle motorists who force a biker to embark on emergency falls.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as passenger cars, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like downshifting, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. Still, just as in a crash between two cars, the driver behind the other has a responsibility to slow down in time.
What Can Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in St. Charles, MO Do For My Case?
Most of our clients have never had an injury before, and don't know the process of receiving compensation and whether the insurance company is being fair. A Halvorsen Klote St. Charles, MO motorcycle accidents attorney represent with the highest-quality legal advocacy by:
- Performing an extensive investigation into your casein order to acquire important evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our experience and network of St. Charles, MO crash experts to determine who needs to be held accountable.
- Offering sound legal counsel as we go back and forth with the insurance company, so you can make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in St. Charles, MO.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you are not left wondering. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Leveling the playing field against large insurance companies so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters love to take advantage of people who do not know the law. We founded our practice on the idea accident victims and their families should have access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Managing all of the legal aspects of your case so you can spend your energy on what matters most: reaching your best possible medical recovery and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Ensure that you get maximum compensation for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, chiropractic appointments, prescription and more, lost wages, out-of-pocket expenses and less tangible damages like pain and suffering.
When you're injured in a motorcycle accident because of somebody else's negligence, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The St. Charles, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you get the recovery you deserve.
Other cases we take on in St. Charles, MO include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
St. Charles, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in St. Charles, MO did not do the right thing. To speak to an expert motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.