Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Maryland Heights, MO
Maryland Heights, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Maryland Heights, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Maryland Heights, MO. Riding a motorcycle can give you a great mixture of peace and excitement. However, too many other drivers on the Maryland Heights, MO roads either don't respect the safety of motorcyclists or are actively hostile against them. Injuries experienced in motorcycle crashes can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of doubt. If wasn't paying attention and hurt you, Halvorsen Klote's Maryland Heights, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will help you get your life back on track. Our diligence and client-centered approach will help you feel at ease and confident that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Maryland Heights, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Maryland Heights, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means you pay nothing upfront, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury cases in Maryland Heights, MO:
Maryland Heights, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following statistics are for the total crashes, injuries and deaths in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
More Maryland Heights, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks is stark:
- Even though motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of all injuries, according to research from the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are estimated to be 37 percent successful in preventing motorcycle operator deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while .068 percent of motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries were more common than fatalities by a factor of over 100, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, meaning motorcyclists are much more likely to die in an accident.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when people are more likely to be intoxicated and after dark.
While some drivers don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the bulk of bikers practice safety tips. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't look out for bikers or don't want to share the road. If you were hurt because another Maryland Heights, MO driver was negligent, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
What Are Common Causes of Maryland Heights, MO Motorcycle Accidents?
Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Drunk driving accidents are the most common cause of traffic-related accidents, and in the U.S. it kills roughly one person every three quarters of an hour. Drunk driving was a factor in over a third of of fatal motorcycle crashes.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than one with 2 wheels, they are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as uneven pavement, inclement weather, potholes, and poorly placed signs. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the responsible party may be a government entity or construction company.
Almost half of of fatal motorcycle crashes occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains are more used to looking for cars than motorcycles.
A third of fatal motorcycle accidents had speeding as a contributing factor. While some bikers are known to speed, they can also be caused by enclosed-vehicle motorists driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than other vehicles, and many motorcyclists downshift to come to a stop, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. Still, just as in a crash between two cars, the trailing vehicle is almost always at complete fault for the accident.
What Can Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Maryland Heights, MO Do For My Case?
Most seek out our services have never had an injury before, and are unsure what the procedure is for receiving compensation and the value of the claim. A Halvorsen Klote Maryland Heights, MO motorcycle accidents attorney be your legal advocate by:
- Fully investigating your claimso that we can gather important evidence and determine liability. You will have the advantage of our experience and network of Maryland Heights, MO crash experts to determine who we need to make a claim against and for how much.
- Providing you with sound legal counsel as your case progresses, so you can make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Maryland Heights, MO.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you are not left wondering. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Leveling the playing field against large insurance companies so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters love to take advantage of people who do not know the law. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Overseeing the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can focus on what's important: recovering from your injuries and putting your life back together.
- Fight hard for you so that you receive a full financial recovery for all of your damages, including medical expenses, money you lost from not working, other expenses related to your injury and noneconomic damages.
When you're injured in a motorcycle accident because of somebody else's negligence, it immediately disrupts your life. The Maryland Heights, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are taken care of.
Other cases we take on in Maryland Heights, MO include:
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Maryland Heights, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. We've committed our practice to helping those Maryland Heights, MO individuals and families who have been treated unfairly. For a free case evaluation with an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.