Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Herculaneum, MO
Herculaneum, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Herculaneum, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Herculaneum, MO. Motorcycles offer an amazing sense of companionship and exhilaration. However, too many other drivers on the Herculaneum, MO roads either don't respect the safety of motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries suffered in motorcycle crashes can cause immediate and devastating financial, physical and emotional burdens. If you were injured by a negligent driver, Halvorsen Klote's Herculaneum, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will get you the best possible financial recovery for your injuries. Our diligence and client-centered approach will help you feel at ease and confident that your case will reach a successful resolution. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Herculaneum, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a complimentary case evaluation. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Herculaneum, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no upfront costs, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury cases in Herculaneum, MO:
Herculaneum, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Across the country, in 2020 motorcycle wrecks lead to 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, out of 2,177 motorcycle accidents, 1,658 people were injured and 118 people died, according to the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the St. Louis metropolitan area, there were 321 crashes, which resulted in 240 injuries and 9 deaths.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle crashes, which caused 2,404 injuries, 867 "A-list" injuries and 152 fatalities.
Other Herculaneum, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a deeper dive into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Despite the fact that motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycles account for 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of total injuries, according to data from the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are considered to be 37 percent successful in preventing motorcycle operator deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while .068 percent of motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries outpaced death by a factor of over 100, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, meaning motorcycles are more dangerous to drive than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when people are more likely to be drinking and after 6 P.M. when it is harder to see motorcyclists.
While some people don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the lion's share of bikers practice safety measures. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't look out for bikers or don't want to share the road. If you were hurt because another Herculaneum, MO driver did not look out for your safety, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Herculaneum, MO?
Driving Under the Influence
Drunk driving accidents are the most common type of traffic-related accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately one person every 45 minutes. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over three-tenths of motorcycle fatalities.
Because motorcycles have less of a base than other vehicles, road hazards such as uneven pavement, inclement weather, potholes, and debris create an increased risk. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the at-fault party may be a government entity or construction company.
Forty-two percent of motorcycle accidents that lead to death occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains scan for cars but has not been sufficiently trained to scan for motorcycles.
Thirty-three percent of motorcycle fatalities had speeding as a contributing factor. While some bikers are known to speed, they can also be caused by passenger car drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than passenger cars, and many motorcyclists roll off the throttle to slow down, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to give you enough space to break safely.
What Can Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Herculaneum, MO Do For My Case?
Most who come to see us have never had to hire a lawyer before, and are unsure what the procedure is for receiving compensation and how much full compensation really looks like. A Halvorsen Klote Herculaneum, MO motorcycle accidents attorney be your legal advocate by:
- Fully investigating your caseso that we can acquire valuable evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all liable parties. We use our experience and network of Herculaneum, MO collision experts to determine who we need to make a claim against and for how much.
- Providing you with sound legal counsel as your case progresses, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Herculaneum, MO.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you are never left in the dark. We take pride in our ability to let our clients know that their case means something to us.
- Leveling the playing field against powerful insurance companies so you make get every penny you deserve. Insurance adjusters will sometimes flat out lie to you and mislead to you make you think your claim is worth less than it really is. We founded our practice on the notion accident victims and their families should have access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Handling all of the legal aspects of your case so you can focus on what matters most: recovering from your injuries and putting your life back together.
- Ensure that you receive maximum compensation for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, physical therapy, prescription and more, lost wages, other expenses related to your injury and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're injured through no fault of your own, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Herculaneum, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are taken care of.
Herculaneum, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Herculaneum, MO did not do the right thing. For a complimentary case review with a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.