Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Affton, MO
Affton, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Affton, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Affton, MO. Motorcycles provide an almost meditative sense of peace and thrill. However, too many other drivers on the Affton, MO roads either don't respect the safety of motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries suffered in motorcycle crashes can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of doubt. If you were injured by a negligent driver, trust in the Affton, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to get you full compensation for your injuries. Our high-quality legal representation in a personalized environment will help you feel at ease and confident that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Affton, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a complimentary case review. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Affton, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means you pay nothing upfront, and you pay us a percentage of your financial recovery, but only if we win your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury cases in Affton, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Affton, Missouri and Illinois?
Nationwide, in 2020 motorcycle wrecks lead to 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, out of 2,177 motorcycle accidents, 1,658 people were injured and 118 people died, according to the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the Greater St. Louis area, there were 321 crashes, which caused 240 injuries and 9 deaths.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle crashes, which resulted in 2,404 injuries, 867 serious injuries and 152 fatalities.
More Affton, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are alarming, but|a deeper study into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Despite the fact that motorcycles make up only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of all injuries, according to statistics compiled by the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are estimated to be 41 percent successful at stopping fatal injuries for motorcycle passengers.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while .068 percent of motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illustrating how motorcycles are more dangerous to drive or ride than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, on weekends when people are more likely to be drinking and after dark.
While some drivers don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the lion's share of bikers are vigilant about theirs and others' safety. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that gets people hurt. If another driver in the Affton, MO area injured you, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best possible financial recovery.
What Are Common Causes of Affton, MO Motorcycle Accidents?
Driving Under the Influence
Drunk driving contributes to more traffic-related accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was found to be involved in 34 percent of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than a motorcycle, motorcycle are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as uneven pavement, slippery surfaces, potholes, and signs that limit visibility. Even if you were not hit by another person, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was supposed to verify the road was safe for vehicle traffic.
Forty-two percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains are more used to looking for cars than motorcycles.
A third of motorcycle crash deaths had speeding as a contributing factor. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, another culprit is car or truck drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists downshift to break, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to give you enough space to break safely.
What Can Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Affton, MO Do For My Case?
Most call us have never been in a situation like this before, and are unsure how to go about receiving compensation and the value of the claim. A Halvorsen Klote Affton, MO motorcycle accidents attorney represent with the highest-quality legal advocacy by:
- Fully investigating your claimin order to gather the necessary evidence and identify all liable parties. We use our experience and network of Affton, MO collision experts to determine who needs to be held accountable.
- Offering sound legal advice as your case progresses, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your Affton, MO family.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the status of your claim so that you know we are giving it our full attention. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Leveling the playing field against large insurance companies so you make a full financial recovery. Insurance adjusters use a lot of tricks to avoid paying claims. We founded our practice on the principle accident victims and their families should have access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Overseeing all documentation, negotiation and litigation so you can spend your energy on what's important: reaching your best possible medical recovery and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Fight hard for you so that you receive maximum compensation for all of your damages, including medical expenses, money you lost from not working, other expenses related to your injury and less tangible damages like pain and suffering.
When you're following all the rules and end up injured because somebody else did something wrong, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The Affton, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are taken care of.
Other cases we handle in Affton, MO include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Affton, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Affton, MO did not do the right thing. To speak to a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.