Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Columbia, MO
Columbia, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Columbia, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Columbia, MO. Motorcycles offer an amazing sense of friendship and thrill. However, too many other drivers on the Columbia, MO roads either don't look out for motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries experienced in motorcycle accidents can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of anxiety. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, trust in the Columbia, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to help you get your life back on track. Our dedication and client-centered approach will help you feel at ease and confident that your case will reach a successful resolution. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Columbia, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation. We serve clients throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Columbia, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury claims in Columbia, MO:
Columbia, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Nationwide, in 2020 motorcycle wrecks resulted in 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, out of 2,177 motorcycle accidents, 1,658 people were injured and 118 people died, according to the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In St. Louis City and St. Louis County alone, there were 321 crashes, which caused 240 people becoming injured and 9 people passing away.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle crashes, which resulted in 2,404 injuries, 867 "A-list" injuries and 152 fatalities.
More Columbia, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks is stark:
- Despite the fact that .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are estimated to be 37 percent successful in stopping motorcycle operator deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries were more common than fatalities by a factor of over 100, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, meaning motorcycles are more dangerous to drive than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when people are more likely to be drinking and after 6 P.M. when it is harder to see motorcyclists.
While some people don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the bulk of bikers practice safety tips. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or their wariness to share the road that causes someone else injuries. If another driver in the Columbia, MO area injured you, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you recover the money you are entitled to.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Columbia, MO?
Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Drunk driving contributes to more traffic-related accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was found to be involved in 34 percent of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than a motorcycle, road hazards such as ruts in the road, slick surfaces, potholes, and debris pose an increased risk. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the responsible party may be a government entity or construction company.
Almost half of of motorcycle accidents that lead to death occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're looking. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains cannot notice a smaller vehicle like a motorcycle because of how much sensory information we receive as we drive.
Thirty-three percent of motorcycle crash deaths were caused at least in part by speeding. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, it often is the fault of car or truck drivers who force a biker to take evasive action.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as passenger cars, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like downshifting, preventing the break lights from coming on. Still, just as in a crash between two cars or a car and a truck, the trailing vehicle is almost always at complete fault for the accident.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Columbia, MO Help Me?
Most of our clients have never been in a situation like this before, and are unsure the process of receiving compensation and whether the insurance company is being fair. A Halvorsen Klote Columbia, MO motorcycle accidents attorney be your legal advocate by:
- Fully investigating your claimin order to gather valuable evidence and determine liability. We use our experience and network of Columbia, MO crash experts to determine how much your injuries are worth and who needs to be held accountable.
- Providing you with sound legal counsel throughout the duration of your claim, so you can make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Columbia, MO.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you are not left wondering. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters use a lot of tricks to avoid paying claims. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Handling all of the legal aspects of your case so you can focus on what's important: healing and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Fight hard for you so that you receive maximum compensation for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, chiropractic appointments, prescription and more, lost wages, out-of-pocket expenses and pain and suffering.
When you're following all the rules and end up injured because somebody else did something wrong, it immediately disrupts your life. The Columbia, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are taken care of.
Columbia, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. We've devoted our practice to making a difference in the lives of Columbia, MO individuals and families who have been treated unfairly. To speak to a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.