Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Columbia, MO
Columbia, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Columbia, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Columbia, MO. Motorcycles offer an amazing sense of fellowship and thrill. However, too many other drivers on the Columbia, MO roads either don't pay enough attention to motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries experienced in motorcycle accidents can cause immediate and devastating financial, physical and emotional hardships. If you were injured by a negligent driver, Halvorsen Klote's Columbia, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will get you the best possible financial recovery for your injuries. Our diligence and client-centered approach will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Columbia, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Columbia, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means you pay nothing upfront, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury claims in Columbia, MO:
Columbia, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Across the country, in 2020 motorcycle wrecks resulted in 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, out of 2,177 motorcycle accidents, 1,658 people were injured and 118 people died, according to the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the St. Louis metropolitan area, there were 321 crashes, which resulted in 240 people becoming injured and 9 people passing away.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle accidents, which resulted in 2,404 injuries, 867 catastrophic injuries and 152 fatalities.
More Columbia, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks shows how dangerous motorcyclists can be when other people don't pay attention on the road:
- Even though motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of total injuries, according to the National Safety Council.
- Over a recent 15 year period, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are estimated to be 37 percent effective in stopping motorcycle operator deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illuminating why motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when people are more likely to be intoxicated and after 6 P.M. when it is harder to see motorcyclists.
While some drivers don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the bulk of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't look out for bikers or don't want to share the road. If another driver in the Columbia, MO area injured you, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best results in your case.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Columbia, MO?
Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Drunk driving accidents are the most common type of traffic-related accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately one person every three quarters of an hour. Drunk driving was a factor in 34 percent of motorcycle fatalities.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, road hazards such as uneven pavement, inclement weather, potholes, and gravel pose a heightened risk. Even if another motorist was not involved in your accident, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company responsible for maintaining the road.
Almost 50 percent of motorcycle accidents that result in death occur at intersections when a passenger car turning left hits a motorcyclist going straight. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're looking. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains cannot process a smaller vehicle like a motorcycle because of our limited ability to take in sensory information only lets us see cars and trucks.
Over 30 percent of fatal motorcycle accidents had speeding as a contributing factor. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, another culprit is passenger car drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like rolling off the throttle, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. Still, just as in a crash between two cars or a car and a truck, the trailing vehicle is almost always at complete fault for the accident.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Columbia, MO Help Me?
Most call us have never been in a situation like this before, and are unsure what the procedure is for filing a claim and whether the insurance company is being fair. A Halvorsen Klote Columbia, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will help your case by:
- Conducting a full investigation into your claimso that we can gather important evidence and determine liability. We use our experience and network of Columbia, MO crash experts to ascertain who we need to make a claim against and for how much.
- Providing you with sound legal counsel as your case progresses, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Columbia, MO.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the progress of your claim so that you know we are giving it our full attention. We take pride in our ability to make our clients feel valued.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters will sometimes flat out lie to you and mislead to you make you think your claim is worth less than it really is. We founded our practice on the principle accident victims and their families should have quality legal representation that gets results.
- Managing the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can focus on what matters most: healing and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Fight hard for you so that you receive the best possible financial recovery for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, chiropractic appointments, prescription and more, money you lost from not working, out-of-pocket expenses and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're following all the rules and end up injured because somebody else did something wrong, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Columbia, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are taken care of.
Other cases we handle in Columbia, MO include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Columbia, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Columbia, MO did not do the right thing. To speak to an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.