Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Ashland, MO
Ashland, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Ashland, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Ashland, MO. There's no comparing the feeling of freedom and excitement motorcyclists feel when riding their bikes. However, motorcycle accidents are especially dangerous in Ashland, MO. Injuries suffered in motorcycle crashes can be ruinous and have long-term effects. If wasn't paying attention and hurt you, Halvorsen Klote's Ashland, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will help you get your life back on track. Our high-quality legal advocacy in a personalized atmosphere will help you feel at ease and confident that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict in court. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Ashland, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a free consultation. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Ashland, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means you pay nothing upfront, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury cases in Ashland, MO:
Ashland, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Nationwide, in 2020 motorcycle crashes resulted in 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, there were 2,177 motorcycle accidents, resulting in 1,658 injuries and 118 fatalities, based on info from the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the Greater St. Louis area, there were 321 crashes, which resulted in 240 injuries and 9 deaths.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle crashes, which caused 2,404 injuries, 867 serious injuries and 152 fatalities.
Other Ashland, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are alarming, but|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks shows how dangerous motorcyclists can be when other people don't pay attention on the road:
- Even though .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycles account for 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of all injuries, according to data from the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are considered to be 37 percent effective in preventing motorcycle operator deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illustrating how motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after sunset.
While some people give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the vast majority of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or their wariness to share the road that gets people hurt. If you were hurt because another Ashland, MO driver was negligent, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Ashland, MO?
Drunk driving accidents are the most common type of traffic-related accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving contributed to over a third of of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than a motorcycle, motorcycle are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as ruts in the road, slick surfaces, potholes, and gravel. Even if another motorist was not involved in your accident, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company responsible for maintaining the road.
Over 40 percent of motorcycle accidents that result in death occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're looking. This is due to something called "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains are more used to looking for cars than motorcycles.
Thirty-three percent of fatal motorcycle accidents involve speeding. While many of those crashes are caused by a speeding motorcycles, they can also be caused by passenger car drivers who force a biker to embark on emergency falls.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than passenger cars, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like rolling off the throttle, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. Still, just as in a crash between two cars or a car and a truck, the trailing vehicle is almost always at complete fault for the accident.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Ashland, MO?
Most call us have never had an injury before, and are unsure the process of receiving compensation and whether the insurance company is being fair. A Halvorsen Klote Ashland, MO motorcycle accidents attorney represent with the highest-quality legal advocacy by:
- Fully investigating your accidentin order to gather important evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all at-fault parties. You will have the advantage of our legal knowledge and network of Ashland, MO collision experts to determine who needs to be held accountable.
- Offering sound legal advice throughout the duration of your claim, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for you and your Ashland, MO family.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the status of your claim so that you are never left in the dark. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Leveling the playing field against powerful insurance companies so you make a full financial recovery. Insurance adjusters use a lot of tricks to avoid paying claims. We founded our practice on the principle accident victims and their families should have quality legal representation that gets results.
- Handling all documentation, negotiation and litigation so you can spend your energy on what's important: recovering from your injuries and putting your life back together.
- Ensure that you receive maximum compensation for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, chiropractic appointments, prescription and more, money you lost from not working, other expenses related to your injury and pain and suffering.
When you're injured through no fault of your own, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The Ashland, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you do not have to go through this alone.
Ashland, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Ashland, MO did not do the right thing. To speak to an expert motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.