Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Ashland, MO
Ashland, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Ashland, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Ashland, MO. Riding a motorcycle can give you a great mixture of peace and excitement. However, too many other drivers on the Ashland, MO roads either don't pay enough attention to motorcyclists or are actively hostile against them. Injuries suffered in motorcycle accidents can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of uncertainty. If you were injured by a negligent driver, Halvorsen Klote's Ashland, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will help you get your life back on track. Our high-quality legal advocacy in a personalized atmosphere will help you feel at ease and confident that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict from a jury. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Ashland, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Ashland, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys take on the following personal injury cases in Ashland, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Ashland, Missouri and Illinois?
Across the country, in 2020 motorcycle crashes caused 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, there were 2,177 motorcycle accidents, resulting in 1,658 injuries and 118 fatalities, based on info from the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the St. Louis metropolitan area, there were 321 crashes, which lead to 240 injuries and 9 deaths.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle accidents, which lead to 2,404 injuries, 867 serious injuries and 152 deaths.
More Ashland, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks is stark:
- Despite the fact that motorcycles make up only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of deaths and 4 percent of all injuries, according to the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are considered to be 37 percent successful in preventing fatal injuries to motorcycle operators.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while a percentage of over 5 times more motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illustrating how motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when visibility is lower.
While some drivers have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the bulk of bikers are vigilant about theirs and others' safety. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that causes someone else injuries. If another driver in the Ashland, MO area injured you, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you recover the money you are entitled to.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Ashland, MO?
DUIs or DWIs
Drunk driving contributes to more motor vehicle accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills about one person every three quarters of an hour. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over three-tenths of fatal motorcycle crashes.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than a motorcycle, motorcycle are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as uneven pavement, inclement weather, potholes, and animals. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the responsible party may be a government entity or construction company.
Forty-two percent of motorcycle accidents that cause death occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is due to something called "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains cannot process a smaller vehicle like a motorcycle because of our limited ability to take in sensory information only lets us see cars and trucks.
Over 30 percent of motorcycle fatalities were caused at least in part by speeding. While some bikers are known to speed, they can also be caused by car or truck drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like rolling off the throttle, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. Still, just as in a crash between two cars or a car and a truck, the trailing has a responsibility to slow down in time.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Ashland, MO Help Me?
Most of our clients have never had an injury before, and are unsure the process of receiving compensation and the value of the injuries. A Halvorsen Klote Ashland, MO motorcycle accidents attorney represent with the highest-quality legal advocacy by:
- Carrying out an extensive investigation into your accidentso that we can obtain valuable evidence and determine liability. We use our experience and network of Ashland, MO crash experts to determine how much your injuries are worth and who needs to be held accountable.
- Offering sound legal guidance as we go back and forth with the insurance company, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your Ashland, MO family.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the status of your claim so that you know we are giving it our full attention. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make a full financial recovery. Insurance adjusters will sometimes flat out lie to you and mislead to you make you think your claim is worth less than it really is. We founded our practice on the idea accident victims and their families should have expert legal representation that gets results.
- Overseeing all of the legal aspects of your case so you can focus on what matters most: reaching your best possible medical recovery and putting your life back together.
- Make sure that you get maximum compensation for everything you are owed, including medical expenses, money you lost from not working, out-of-pocket expenses and noneconomic damages.
When you're injured even though you didn't do anything wrong, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Ashland, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you do not have to go through this alone.
Other cases we take on in Ashland, MO include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Ashland, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Ashland, MO did not do the right thing. For a free case evaluation with a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.