Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Alton, IL
Alton, IL Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Alton, IL Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Alton, IL. Motorcycles offer an amazing sense of companionship and thrill. However, too many other drivers on the Alton, IL roads either don't pay enough attention to motorcyclists or are actively hostile against them. Injuries suffered in motorcycle accidents can be catastrophic and have long-term effects. If wasn't paying attention and hurt you, trust in the Alton, IL motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our high-quality legal representation in a personalized atmosphere will help you feel at ease and confident that your case will reach a successful resolution. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Alton, IL today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Alton, IL only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no upfront costs, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys take on the following personal injury cases in Alton, IL:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Alton, Missouri and Illinois?
Across the country, in 2020 motorcycle wrecks resulted in 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, out of 2,177 motorcycle accidents, 1,658 people were injured and 118 people died, according to the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the St. Louis metropolitan area, there were 321 crashes, which caused 240 injuries and 9 deaths.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle accidents, which lead to 2,404 injuries, 867 severely debilitating injuries and 152 deaths.
Other Alton, IL Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks shows how dangerous motorcyclists can be when other people don't pay attention on the road:
- Even though .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycles account for 14 percent of deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to statistics compiled by the National Safety Council.
- Over a recent 15 year period, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are considered to be 37 percent successful in stopping fatal injuries to motorcycle operators.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries were more common than fatalities by a factor of over 100, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illuminating why motorcycles are more dangerous to drive or ride than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when bars are at their fullest and after sunset.
While some motorists don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the bulk of bikers value their safety. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that gets people hurt. If you were hurt because another Alton, IL driver did not look out for your safety, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you recover the money you are entitled to.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Alton, IL?
DUIs or DWIs
Drunk driving accidents are the most common cause of motor vehicle accidents, and in the U.S. it kills roughly one person every three quarters of an hour. Drunk driving contributed to over a third of of fatal motorcycle crashes.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than one with 2 wheels, road hazards such as ruts in the road, inclement weather, potholes, and animals create a heightened risk. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the liable party may be a government entity or construction company.
Almost 50 percent of motorcycle accidents that result in death occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains are more used to looking for cars than motorcycles.
A third of fatal motorcycle accidents were caused at least in part by speeding. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, they can also be caused by passenger car drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists roll off the throttle to break, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. Still, just as in a crash between two cars, the driver behind the other has a responsibility to slow down in time.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Alton, IL Help Me?
Most who come to see us have never had to hire a lawyer before, and are unsure what the procedure is for receiving compensation and how much their injuries are worth. A Halvorsen Klote Alton, IL motorcycle accidents attorney will immediately start working on your case by:
- Fully investigating your accidentso that we can gather important evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all at-fault parties. We use our experience and network of Alton, IL crash experts to ascertain the precise cause of your injuries.
- Offering sound legal guidance as we go back and forth with the insurance company, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for you and your Alton, IL family.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you are not left wondering. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Leveling the playing field against large insurance companies so you make a full financial recovery. Insurance adjusters love to take advantage of people who do not know the law. We founded our practice on the idea accident victims and their families should have expert legal representation that gets results.
- Overseeing all of the legal aspects of your case so you can spend your time on what matters most: healing and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Fight hard for you so that you get the best possible financial recovery for all of your damages, including your urgent care bills, procedures, chiropractic appointments, prescription and more, lost wages, out-of-pocket expenses and pain and suffering.
When you're following all the rules and end up injured because somebody else did something wrong, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The Alton, IL motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you get the recovery you deserve.
Other cases we take on in Alton, IL include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Alton, IL Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. We've dedicated our practice to helping those Alton, IL residents who have been treated wrongly. To speak to an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.