Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Hermann, MO
Hermann, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Hermann, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Hermann, MO. Motorcycles provide an almost meditative sense of peace and thrill. However, motorcycle accidents are especially dangerous in Hermann, MO. Injuries sustained in motorcycle crashes can be ruinous and life-changing. If wasn't paying attention and hurt you, trust in the Hermann, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to get you full compensation for your injuries. Our high-quality legal advocacy in a personalized environment will help you feel at ease and confident that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Hermann, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Hermann, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no upfront costs, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury claims in Hermann, MO:
Hermann, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following statistics are for the total crashes, injuries and deaths in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
Other Hermann, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a deeper dive into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Despite the fact that motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycles account for 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of all injuries, according to research from the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are considered to be 41 percent successful at stopping fatal injuries for motorcycle passengers.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while a percentage of over 5 times more motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illustrating how motorcycles are more dangerous to drive or ride than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when bars are at their fullest and after sunset.
While some drivers give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the vast majority of bikers are vigilant about theirs and others' safety. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't look out for bikers or don't want to share the road. If another driver in the Hermann, MO area injured you, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you recover the money you are entitled to.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Hermann, MO?
DUIs or DWIs
Drunk driving contributes to more motor vehicle accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over a third of of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, road hazards such as uneven pavement, inclement weather, potholes, and debris create a heightened risk. Even if you were not hit by another person, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company responsible for maintaining the road.
Almost half of of fatal motorcycle crashes occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're looking. This is due to something called "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains cannot notice a smaller vehicle like a motorcycle because of our limited ability to take in sensory information only lets us see cars and trucks.
A third of motorcycle fatalities had speeding as a contributing factor. While many of those crashes are caused by a speeding motorcycles, another culprit is car or truck drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like rolling off the throttle, preventing the break lights from coming on. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to slow down in time.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Hermann, MO?
Most seek out our services have never been in a situation like this before, and are unsure the process of filing a claim and the value of the injuries. A Halvorsen Klote Hermann, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will immediately start working on your case by:
- Carrying out a complete investigation into your casein order to obtain valuable evidence and identify all liable parties. We use our legal knowledge and network of Hermann, MO crash experts to determine who we need to make a claim against and for how much.
- Offering sound legal guidance throughout the duration of your claim, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your Hermann, MO family.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you know we are giving it our full attention. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters love to take advantage of people who do not know the law. We founded our practice on the idea accident victims and their families should have quality legal representation that gets results.
- Handling all documentation, negotiation and litigation so you can spend your time on what's important: healing and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Fight hard for you so that you get the best possible financial recovery for all of your damages, including medical expenses, money you lost from not working, other expenses related to your injury and less tangible damages like pain and suffering.
When you're injured through no fault of your own, it immediately disrupts your life. The Hermann, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are taken care of.
Other cases we take on in Hermann, MO include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Hermann, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Hermann, MO did not do the right thing. For a complimentary case evaluation with an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.