Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Hermann, MO
Hermann, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Hermann, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Hermann, MO. There's no doubting the sense of freedom and excitement motorcyclists can get from riding their motorcycles. However, too many other drivers on the Hermann, MO roads either don't respect the safety of motorcyclists or are actively hostile against them. Injuries suffered in motorcycle wrecks can cause immediate and devastating financial, physical and emotional burdens. If wasn't paying attention and hurt you, trust in the Hermann, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our high-quality legal representation in a personalized environment will give you piece of mind and confidence that your case will reach a successful resolution. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Hermann, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a free consultation. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Hermann, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no upfront costs, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury cases in Hermann, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Hermann, Missouri and Illinois?
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following statistics are for the total crashes, injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
Other Hermann, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks is stark:
- Even though .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycles account for 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to statistics compiled by the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are estimated to be 41 percent successful at preventing fatal injuries for motorcycle passengers.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while .068 percent of motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illuminating why motorcycles are more dangerous to drive or ride than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when it is harder to see motorcyclists.
While some motorists don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the vast majority of bikers value their safety. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't look out for bikers or don't want to share the road. If you were hurt because another Hermann, MO driver did not look out for your safety, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Hermann, MO?
DUIs or DWIs
Drunk driving contributes to more motor vehicle accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills roughly one person every three quarters of an hour. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over three-tenths of fatal motorcycle crashes.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than one with 2 wheels, road hazards such as uneven pavement, slippery surfaces, potholes, and debris create a heightened risk. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the at-fault party may be a government entity or construction company.
Almost half of of fatal motorcycle crashes occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains are scanning for cars, but don't register motorcycles at cars.
Over 30 percent of motorcycle crash deaths had speeding as a contributing factor. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, it often is the fault of passenger car drivers who force a biker to embark on emergency falls.
Motorcycles have a smaller breaking distance than other vehicles, and many motorcyclists roll off the throttle to slow down, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. Still, just as in a crash between two cars, the driver behind the other has a responsibility to slow down in time.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Hermann, MO?
Most of our clients have never been in a situation like this before, and are unsure what the procedure is for receiving compensation and how much their injuries are worth. A Halvorsen Klote Hermann, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will immediately start working on your case by:
- Fully investigating your accidentin order to acquire important evidence and determine liability. You will have the advantage of our expertise and network of Hermann, MO collision experts to ascertain the value of your injuries and who needs to be held accountable.
- Offering sound legal advice as we negotiate with the insurance company, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for you and your Hermann, MO family.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the progress of your claim so that you know we are giving it our full attention. We take pride in our ability to let our clients know that their case means something to us.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make a full financial recovery. Insurance adjusters love to take advantage of people who do not know the law. We founded our practice on the notion accident victims and their families should have expert legal representation that gets results.
- Overseeing all documentation, negotiation and litigation so you can spend your energy on what matters most: healing and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Fight hard for you so that you get maximum compensation for all of your damages, including medical expenses, money you lost from not working, other expenses related to your injury and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're injured even though you didn't do anything wrong, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Hermann, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are rightfully compensated for your injuries.
Hermann, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Hermann, MO did not do the right thing. To speak to an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.