Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Glen Carbon, IL
Glen Carbon, IL Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Glen Carbon, IL Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Glen Carbon, IL. Riding a motorcycle can give you a great mixture of peace and excitement. However, Glen Carbon, IL motorcyclists are at heightened danger compared to other motorists. Injuries experienced in motorcycle accidents can be severe and have long-term effects. If wasn't paying attention and hurt you, trust in the Glen Carbon, IL motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to get you the best possible financial recovery for your injuries. Our dedication and client-centered approach will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will get great results. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Glen Carbon, IL today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Glen Carbon, IL works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury claims in Glen Carbon, IL:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Glen Carbon, Missouri and Illinois?
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following statistics are for the total crashes, injuries and deaths in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
Other Glen Carbon, IL Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are alarming, but|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks shows how dangerous motorcyclists can be when other people don't pay attention on the road:
- Even though motorcycles make up only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycles account for 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of all injuries, according to the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are considered to be 41 percent effective at preventing fatal injuries for motorcycle passengers.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while .068 percent of motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries were more common than fatalities by a factor of over 100, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illustrating how motorcycles are more dangerous to drive than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when people are more likely to be drinking and after dark.
While some drivers don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the vast majority of bikers do everything they can do avoid harm and not cause injury to others. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that causes someone else injuries. If you were hurt because another Glen Carbon, IL driver was negligent, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best possible financial recovery.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Glen Carbon, IL?
Drunk driving accidents are the most common type of traffic-related accidents, and in the U.S. it kills roughly one person every three quarters of an hour. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over three-tenths of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than one with 2 wheels, they are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as ruts in the road, slick surfaces, potholes, and gravel. Even if another motorist was not involved in your accident, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was in charge of ensuring the road's safety.
Forty-two percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur at intersections when a car or truck turning left hits a motorcyclist who had the right of way. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains are more used to looking for cars than motorcycles.
Thirty-three percent of fatal motorcycle accidents were caused at least in part by speeding. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, they can also be caused by car or truck drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles have a smaller breaking distance than cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like downshifting, preventing the break lights from coming on. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to give you enough space to break safely.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Glen Carbon, IL Help Me?
Most seek out our services have never had an injury before, and are unsure what the procedure is for filing a claim and how much full compensation really looks like. A Halvorsen Klote Glen Carbon, IL motorcycle accidents attorney be your legal advocate by:
- Fully investigating your caseso that we can gather valuable evidence and identify all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our experience and network of Glen Carbon, IL collision experts to ascertain the value of your injuries and who needs to be held accountable.
- Providing you with sound legal guidance throughout the duration of your claim, so you can make the best decision for you and your Glen Carbon, IL family.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you are never left in the dark. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters use a lot of tricks to avoid paying claims. We founded our practice on the principle accident victims and their families should have expert legal representation that gets results.
- Overseeing all of the legal aspects of your case so you can spend your energy on what matters most: healing and putting your life back together.
- Ensure that you receive the best possible financial recovery for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, chiropractic appointments, prescription and more, lost wages, other expenses related to your injury and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're injured through no fault of your own, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Glen Carbon, IL motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you do not have to go through this alone.
Other cases we handle in Glen Carbon, IL include:
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Glen Carbon, IL Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. We've devoted our practice to helping those Glen Carbon, IL individuals and families who have been treated unfairly. For a free case review with an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.