Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Wentzville, MO
Wentzville, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Wentzville, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Wentzville, MO. Motorcycles provide an almost meditative sense of peace and thrill. However, too many other drivers on the Wentzville, MO roads either don't respect the safety of motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries experienced in motorcycle wrecks can be catastrophic and have long-term effects. If wasn't paying attention and hurt you, trust in the Wentzville, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to help you get your life back on track. Our high-quality legal advocacy in a personalized environment will help you feel at ease and confident that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict at trial. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Wentzville, MO today at 866-382-4167 or get in touch with us online for a complimentary case evaluation. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Wentzville, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury cases in Wentzville, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Wentzville, Missouri and Illinois?
In the United States, in 2020 motorcycle wrecks caused 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, there were 2,177 motorcycle accidents, resulting in 1,658 injuries and 118 fatalities, according to the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the Greater St. Louis area, there were 321 crashes, which lead to 240 people becoming injured and 9 people passing away.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle accidents, which resulted in 2,404 injuries, 867 "A-list" injuries and 152 fatalities.
More Wentzville, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are startling, but|a deeper dive into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Even though .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of all injuries, according to research from the National Safety Council.
- Over a recent 15 year period, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are considered to be 41 percent successful at stopping motorcycle passenger deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while a percentage of over 5 times more motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, meaning motorcycles are more dangerous to drive than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when visibility is lower.
While some drivers don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the bulk of bikers practice safety tips. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't pay attention or don't want to share the road. If another driver in the Wentzville, MO area injured you, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Wentzville, MO?
DUIs or DWIs
Drunk driving accidents are the most common cause of traffic-related accidents, and in the U.S. it kills about one person every 45 minutes. Drunk driving contributed to over a third of of fatal motorcycle crashes.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than one with 2 wheels, road hazards such as ruts in the road, slippery surfaces, potholes, and poorly placed signs pose an increased risk. Even if you were not hit by another person, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was supposed to verify the road was safe for vehicle traffic.
Forty-two percent of motorcycle accidents that result in death occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're looking. This is due to something called "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains scan for cars but has not been sufficiently trained to scan for motorcycles.
A third of motorcycle fatalities involve speeding. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, another culprit is car or truck drivers who force a biker to react quicker than they can safely do so.
Motorcycles have a smaller breaking distance than cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like downshifting, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. Still, just as in a crash between two cars or a car and a truck, the trailing vehicle is almost always at complete fault for the accident.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Wentzville, MO?
Most who come to see us have never been in a situation like this before, and don't know how to go about filing a claim and whether the insurance company is being fair. A Halvorsen Klote Wentzville, MO motorcycle accidents attorney be your legal advocate by:
- Conducting an exhaustive investigation into your claimin order to obtain important evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all at-fault parties. You will have the advantage of our legal knowledge and network of Wentzville, MO crash experts to determine the value of your injuries and who needs to be held accountable.
- Offering sound legal advice throughout the duration of your claim, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for you, your future, and your Wentzville, MO loved ones.
- Letting you know how your case is progression so that you know we are giving it our full attention. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Leveling the playing field against powerful insurance companies so you make get every penny you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters will sometimes flat out lie to you and mislead to you make you think your claim is worth less than it really is. We founded our practice on the principle accident victims and their families should have access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Handling all documentation, negotiation and litigation so you can spend your time on what matters most: healing and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Fight hard for you so that you get maximum compensation for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, chiropractic appointments, prescription and more, lost wages, anything you paid out-of-pocket and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're injured through no fault of your own, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The Wentzville, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you do not have to go through this alone.
Other cases we handle in Wentzville, MO include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Wentzville, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. We've devoted our practice to helping those Wentzville, MO individuals and families who have been treated unfairly. To speak to an expert motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.