Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Mehlville, MO
Mehlville, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Mehlville, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Mehlville, MO. Motorcycles provide an almost meditative sense of peace and thrill. However, Mehlville, MO motorcyclists are at heightened danger compared to other motorists. Injuries suffered in motorcycle crashes can be catastrophic and have long-term effects. If you were injured by a negligent driver, trust in the Mehlville, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to help you get your life back on track. Our experience and client-centered approach will give you piece of mind and confidence that your case will reach a successful resolution. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Mehlville, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Mehlville, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no consultation, hourly or service fees, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys take on the following personal injury claims in Mehlville, MO:
Mehlville, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following represents the total crashes, injuries and deaths in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
More Mehlville, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are alarming, but|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks shows how dangerous motorcyclists can be when other people don't pay attention on the road:
- Even though .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycles account for 14 percent of deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to data from the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are estimated to be 41 percent successful at stopping fatal injuries for motorcycle passengers.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while a percentage of over 5 times more motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries outpaced death by a factor of over 100, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illuminating why motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when it is harder to see motorcyclists.
While some drivers give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the vast majority of bikers are vigilant about theirs and others' safety. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that gets people hurt. If you were hurt because another Mehlville, MO driver was negligent, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Mehlville, MO?
Drunk driving contributes to more motor vehicle accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills about one person every 45 minutes. Drunk driving was a factor in 34 percent of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than a motorcycle, motorcycle are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as uneven pavement, slippery surfaces, potholes, and gravel. Even if you were not hit by another person, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company responsible for maintaining the road.
Over 40 percent of motorcycle accidents that result in death occur at intersections when a car or truck turning left hits a motorcyclist who had the right of way. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains cannot process a smaller vehicle like a motorcycle because of how much sensory information we receive as we drive.
A third of motorcycle fatalities were caused at least in part by speeding. While some bikers are known to speed, it often is the fault of car or truck drivers who force a biker to take evasive action.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists downshift to slow down, preventing the break lights from coming on. Still, just as in a crash between two cars or a car and a truck, the trailing has a responsibility to slow down in time.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Mehlville, MO Help Me?
Most who come to see us have never been in a situation like this before, and are unsure what the procedure is for filing a claim and how much their injuries are worth. A Halvorsen Klote Mehlville, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will immediately start working on your case by:
- Fully investigating your casein order to obtain valuable evidence and identify all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our experience and network of Mehlville, MO accident experts to ascertain who we need to make a claim against and for how much.
- Providing you with sound legal counsel as your case progresses, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for you, your future, and your Mehlville, MO loved ones.
- Letting you know how your case is progression so that you are never left in the dark. We take pride in our client-centered approach to legal representation.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make get every penny you deserve. Insurance adjusters love to take advantage of people who do not know the law. We founded our practice on the principle accident victims and their families should have expert legal representation that gets results.
- Managing all of the legal aspects of your case so you can focus on what matters most: reaching your best possible medical recovery and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Ensure that you receive the best possible financial recovery for all of your damages, including your urgent care bills, procedures, chiropractic appointments, prescription and more, lost wages, anything you paid out-of-pocket and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're following all the rules and end up injured because somebody else did something wrong, it immediately disrupts your life. The Mehlville, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are taken care of.
Mehlville, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. We've devoted our practice to helping those Mehlville, MO individuals and families who have been treated wrongly. For a complimentary consultation with an expert motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.