Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Holts Summit, MO
Holts Summit, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Holts Summit, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Holts Summit, MO. There's no comparing the sense of freedom and excitement motorcyclists feel when riding their bikes. However, too many other drivers on the Holts Summit, MO roads either don't respect the safety of motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries experienced in motorcycle accidents can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of uncertainty. If wasn't paying attention and hurt you, Halvorsen Klote's Holts Summit, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will help you get your life back on track. Our diligence and client-centered approach will help you feel at ease and confident that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict at trial. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Holts Summit, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a free case review. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Holts Summit, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means you pay nothing upfront, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys take on the following personal injury claims in Holts Summit, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Holts Summit, Missouri and Illinois?
Nationwide, in 2020 motorcycle accidents caused 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, out of 2,177 motorcycle accidents, 1,658 people were injured and 118 people died, based on research compiled in the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In St. Louis City and St. Louis County alone, there were 321 crashes, which caused 240 people becoming injured and 9 people passing away.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle crashes, which lead to 2,404 injuries, 867 "A-list" injuries and 152 fatalities.
Other Holts Summit, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a deeper study into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Despite the fact that motorcycles make up only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycles account for 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to data from the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are considered to be 41 percent effective at stopping motorcycle passenger deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while a percentage of over 5 times more motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries outpaced death by a factor of over 100, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illuminating why motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when it is harder to see motorcyclists.
While some drivers don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the vast majority of bikers are vigilant about theirs and others' safety. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't look out for bikers or don't want to share the road. If you were hurt because another Holts Summit, MO driver did not look out for your safety, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Holts Summit, MO?
Drunk driving accidents are the most common cause of traffic-related accidents, and in the U.S. it kills roughly one person every 45 minutes. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over a third of of motorcycle fatalities.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, road hazards such as uneven pavement, slick surfaces, potholes, and gravel pose an increased risk. Even if you were not hit by another person, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was in charge of ensuring the road's safety.
Over 40 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're looking. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains are more used to looking for cars than motorcycles.
A third of motorcycle fatalities were caused at least in part by speeding. While some bikers are known to speed, they can also be caused by passenger car drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles have a smaller breaking distance than other vehicles, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like downshifting, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to give you enough space to break safely.
What Can Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Holts Summit, MO Do For My Case?
Most who come to see us have never been in a situation like this before, and don't know what the procedure is for receiving compensation and whether the insurance company is being fair. A Halvorsen Klote Holts Summit, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will help your case by:
- Carrying out a full investigation into your claimso that we can obtain the necessary evidence and determine liability. You will have the advantage of our experience and network of Holts Summit, MO crash experts to determine who needs to be held accountable.
- Offering sound legal guidance as your case progresses, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for you, your future, and your Holts Summit, MO loved ones.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the progress of your claim so that you are not left wondering. We take pride in our client-centered approach to legal representation.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters use a lot of tricks to avoid paying claims. We founded our practice on the principle accident victims and their families should have access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Overseeing all of the legal aspects of your case so you can spend your time on what matters most: recovering from your injuries and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Fight hard for you so that you get maximum compensation for all of your damages, including your urgent care bills, procedures, physical therapy, prescription and more, money you lost from not working, other expenses related to your injury and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're following all the rules and end up injured because somebody else did something wrong, it can have a profound and unanticipated impact on your life and your financial security. The Holts Summit, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you do not have to go through this alone.
Holts Summit, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Holts Summit, MO did not do the right thing. To speak to an expert motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.