Motorcycle Accidents Attorney St. Robert, MO
St. Robert, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | St. Robert, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in St. Robert, MO. Motorcycles offer an amazing sense of camaraderie and exhilaration. However, motorcycle accidents are especially dangerous in St. Robert, MO. Injuries experienced in motorcycle wrecks can be ruinous and life-changing. If you were injured by a negligent driver, trust in the St. Robert, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our high-quality legal representation in a personalized atmosphere will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict in court. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in St. Robert, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in St. Robert, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means you pay nothing upfront, and you pay us a percentage of your financial recovery, but only if we reach a successful conclusion for your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury cases in St. Robert, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in St. Robert, Missouri and Illinois?
Nationwide, in 2020 motorcycle wrecks lead to 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, out of 2,177 motorcycle accidents, 1,658 people were injured and 118 people died, according to the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In St. Louis City and St. Louis County alone, there were 321 crashes, which lead to 240 people becoming injured and 9 people passing away.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle accidents, which lead to 2,404 injuries, 867 catastrophic injuries and 152 fatalities.
Other St. Robert, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are startling, but|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks is stark:
- Despite the fact that .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to data from the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are estimated to be 41 percent effective at preventing motorcycle passenger deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries outpaced death by a factor of over 100, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illustrating how motorcyclists are much more likely to die in an accident.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when it is harder to see motorcyclists.
While some people give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the bulk of bikers practice safety measures. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't look out for bikers or don't want to share the road. If you were hurt because another St. Robert, MO driver was negligent, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you recover the money you are entitled to.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in St. Robert, MO?
Drunk driving contributes to more traffic-related accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was a factor in 34 percent of motorcycle fatalities.
Because motorcycles have less of a base than other vehicles, road hazards such as uneven pavement, slippery surfaces, potholes, and gravel create an increased risk. Even if another motorist was not involved in your accident, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was supposed to verify the road was safe for vehicle traffic.
Almost half of of motorcycle accidents that result in death occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains are scanning for cars, but don't register motorcycles at cars.
A third of fatal motorcycle accidents involve speeding. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, another culprit is passenger car drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles have a smaller breaking distance than cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists roll off the throttle to break, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to give you enough space to break safely.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in St. Robert, MO Help Me?
Most seek out our services have never been in a situation like this before, and don't know how to go about receiving compensation and what a full financial recovery for their injuries is. A Halvorsen Klote St. Robert, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will immediately start working on your case by:
- Performing an extensive investigation into your claimso that we can obtain important evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all liable parties. We use our expertise and network of St. Robert, MO crash experts to determine the precise cause of your injuries.
- Offering sound legal counsel as we negotiate with the insurance company, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for you, your future, and your St. Robert, MO loved ones.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the progress of your claim so that you know we are giving it our full attention. We take pride in our ability to let our clients know that their case means something to us.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make a full financial recovery. Insurance adjusters use a lot of tricks to avoid paying claims. We founded our practice on the principle accident victims and their families should have quality legal representation that gets results.
- Managing all documentation, negotiation and litigation so you can spend your energy on what matters most: healing and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Make sure that you receive maximum compensation for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, chiropractic appointments, prescription and more, lost wages, out-of-pocket expenses and less tangible damages like pain and suffering.
When you're injured even though you didn't do anything wrong, it immediately disrupts your life. The St. Robert, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are rightfully compensated for your injuries.
St. Robert, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. We've devoted our practice to making a difference in the lives of St. Robert, MO individuals and families who have been treated wrongly. For a complimentary consultation with a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.