Motorcycle Accidents Attorney St. Robert, MO
St. Robert, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | St. Robert, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in St. Robert, MO. There's no comparing the feeling of freedom and excitement motorcyclists can get from riding their motorcycles. However, too many other drivers on the St. Robert, MO roads either don't look out for motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries sustained in motorcycle crashes can be severe and have long-term effects. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, Halvorsen Klote's St. Robert, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will help you get your life back on track. Our dedication and client-centered approach will help you feel at ease and confident that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict from a jury. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in St. Robert, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a complimentary case evaluation. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in St. Robert, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no upfront costs, and you pay us a percentage of your financial recovery, but only if we win your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury claims in St. Robert, MO:
St. Robert, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Nationwide, in 2020 motorcycle accidents lead to 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, there were 2,177 motorcycle accidents, resulting in 1,658 injuries and 118 fatalities, based on info from the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In St. Louis City and St. Louis County alone, there were 321 crashes, which caused 240 people becoming injured and 9 people passing away.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle accidents, which resulted in 2,404 injuries, 867 debilitating injuries and 152 deaths.
Other St. Robert, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks shows how dangerous motorcyclists can be when other people don't pay attention on the road:
- Despite the fact that motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of total injuries, according to data from the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are estimated to be 41 percent effective at stopping motorcycle passenger deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while .068 percent of motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries outpaced death by a factor of over 100, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illustrating how motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when bars are at their fullest and after sunset.
While some drivers give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the lion's share of bikers are vigilant about theirs and others' safety. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that gets people hurt. If you were hurt because another St. Robert, MO driver was negligent, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best possible financial recovery.
What Are Common Causes of St. Robert, MO Motorcycle Accidents?
DUIs or DWIs
Drunk driving accidents are the most common cause of motor vehicle accidents, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was found to be involved in 34 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes.
Because motorcycles have less of a base than other vehicles, road hazards such as uneven pavement, slick surfaces, potholes, and poorly placed signs pose a heightened risk. Even if you were not hit by another person, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was supposed to verify the road was safe for vehicle traffic.
Almost 50 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is caused by "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains are scanning for cars, but don't register motorcycles at cars.
A third of fatal motorcycle accidents involve speeding. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, it often is the fault of passenger car drivers who force a biker to take evasive action.
Motorcycles have a smaller breaking distance than cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like downshifting, preventing the break lights from coming on. Still, just as in a crash between two cars, the driver behind the other vehicle is almost always at complete fault for the accident.
What Can Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in St. Robert, MO Do For My Case?
Most seek out our services have never had to hire a lawyer before, and don't know what the procedure is for filing a claim and how much their injuries are worth. A Halvorsen Klote St. Robert, MO motorcycle accidents attorney represent with the highest-quality legal advocacy by:
- Fully investigating your casein order to gather important evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our legal knowledge and network of St. Robert, MO collision experts to determine the value of your injuries and who needs to be held accountable.
- Offering sound legal advice throughout the duration of your claim, so you can make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in St. Robert, MO.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you are never left in the dark. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Leveling the playing field against large insurance companies so you make a full financial recovery. Insurance adjusters use a lot of tricks to avoid paying claims. We founded our practice on the notion accident victims and their families should have access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Managing the technical and legal aspects of your claim so you can spend your energy on what matters most: recovering from your injuries and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Make sure that you receive maximum compensation for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, physical therapy, prescription and more, lost wages, out-of-pocket expenses and pain and suffering.
When you're injured in a motorcycle accident because of somebody else's negligence, it immediately disrupts your life. The St. Robert, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you get the recovery you deserve.
Other cases we handle in St. Robert, MO include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
St. Robert, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in St. Robert, MO did not do the right thing. For a complimentary case review with an expert motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.