Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Madison, IL
Madison, IL Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Madison, IL Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Madison, IL. Motorcycles offer an amazing sense of brotherhood and exhilaration. However, too many other drivers on the Madison, IL roads either don't respect the safety of motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries experienced in motorcycle accidents can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of doubt. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, trust in the Madison, IL motorcycle accidents attorney team of Halvorsen Klote to help you get your life back on track. Our dedication and client-centered approach will help you feel at ease and confident that your case will reach a successful resolution. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Madison, IL today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation. We serve clients throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Madison, IL works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no upfront costs, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys take on the following personal injury claims in Madison, IL:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Madison, Missouri and Illinois?
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following statistics are for the total crashes, injuries and deaths in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
More Madison, IL Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are startling, but|a deeper study into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Despite the fact that .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of deaths and 4 percent of all injuries, according to data from the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are considered to be 37 percent successful in preventing fatal injuries to motorcycle operators.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while .068 percent of motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, meaning motorcyclists are much more likely to die in an accident.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after dark.
While some drivers give motorcyclists a bad rap, the truth is the lion's share of bikers are vigilant about theirs and others' safety. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't look out for bikers or don't want to share the road. If another driver in the Madison, IL area injured you, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best results in your case.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Madison, IL?
DUIs or DWIs
Drunk driving contributes to more traffic-related accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills roughly one person every 45 minutes. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over a third of of fatal motorcycle crashes.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, motorcycle are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as ruts in the road, inclement weather, potholes, and animals. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the liable party may be a government entity or construction company.
Over 40 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur at intersections when a car or truck turning left hits a motorcyclist who had the right of way. Motorcycles escape many people's attention, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains scan for cars but has not been sufficiently trained to scan for motorcycles.
A third of motorcycle crash deaths had speeding as a contributing factor. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, it often is the fault of car or truck drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than passenger cars, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like rolling off the throttle, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. Still, just as in a crash between two cars, the trailing vehicle is almost always at complete fault for the accident.
How Can a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Madison, IL Help Me?
Most seek out our services have never had an injury before, and don't know the process of filing a claim and how much full compensation really looks like. A Halvorsen Klote Madison, IL motorcycle accidents attorney will immediately start working on your case by:
- Carrying out a complete investigation into your accidentin order to acquire the necessary evidence and determine liability. We use our legal knowledge and network of Madison, IL collision experts to determine who we need to make a claim against and for how much.
- Providing you with sound legal advice as your case progresses, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for yourself and those closest to you in Madison, IL.
- Letting you know how your case is progression so that you are never left in the dark. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters use a lot of tricks to avoid paying claims. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Overseeing all documentation, negotiation and litigation so you can focus on what's important: healing and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Make sure that you get the best possible financial recovery for everything you are owed, including medical expenses, money you lost from not working, other expenses related to your injury and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're injured through no fault of your own, it immediately disrupts your life. The Madison, IL motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you get the recovery you deserve.
Madison, IL Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Madison, IL did not do the right thing. To speak to an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.