Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Madison, IL
Madison, IL Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Madison, IL Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Madison, IL. There's no doubting the feeling of freedom and excitement motorcyclists can get from riding their motorcycles. However, too many other drivers on the Madison, IL roads either don't pay enough attention to motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries suffered in motorcycle accidents can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of anxiety. If wasn't paying attention and hurt you, Halvorsen Klote's Madison, IL motorcycle accidents attorney team will hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our high-quality legal representation in a personalized atmosphere will give you piece of mind and confidence that your case will reach a successful resolution. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Madison, IL today at 866-382-4167 or get in touch with us online for a free case review. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Madison, IL only charges a contingency fee. That means you pay nothing upfront, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury cases in Madison, IL:
Madison, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Nationwide, in 2020 motorcycle wrecks lead to 82,500 injuries and 5,579 deaths. In Missouri, there were 2,177 motorcycle accidents, resulting in 1,658 injuries and 118 fatalities, based on research compiled in the Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium. In the Greater St. Louis area, there were 321 crashes, which resulted in 240 people becoming injured and 9 people passing away.
In Illinois, according to their 2020 Crash Facts & Statistics, there were 2,991 motorcycle crashes, which lead to 2,404 injuries, 867 severely debilitating injuries and 152 deaths.
More Madison, IL Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are alarming, but|a deeper look into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Even though motorcycles make up only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of total injuries, according to statistics compiled by the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are estimated to be 37 percent effective in stopping fatal injuries to motorcycle operators.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while a percentage of over 5 times more motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries were more common than fatalities by a factor of over 100, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illustrating how motorcycles are more dangerous to operate than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when bars are at their fullest and after dark.
While some motorists don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the vast majority of bikers are vigilant about theirs and others' safety. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't pay attention or don't want to share the road. If you were hurt because another Madison, IL driver was negligent, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you recover the money you are entitled to.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Madison, IL?
Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Drunk driving accidents are the most common cause of motor vehicle accidents, and in the U.S. it kills about one person every 45 minutes. Drunk driving was found to be involved in 34 percent of motorcycle fatalities.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than one with 2 wheels, motorcycle are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as uneven pavement, slippery surfaces, potholes, and poorly placed signs. Even if you were not hit by another person, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was in charge of ensuring the road's safety.
Over 40 percent of motorcycle accidents that cause death occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains are more used to looking for cars than motorcycles.
A third of fatal motorcycle accidents involve speeding. While many of those crashes are caused by a speeding motorcycles, they can also be caused by passenger car drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles have a smaller breaking distance than other vehicles, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like rolling off the throttle, preventing the break lights from coming on. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to give you enough space to break safely.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Madison, IL?
Most are looking to hire a personal injury before have never had an injury before, and are unsure how to go about receiving compensation and how much their injuries are worth. A Halvorsen Klote Madison, IL motorcycle accidents attorney be your legal advocate by:
- Fully investigating your claimso that we can gather the necessary evidence and identify all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our experience and network of Madison, IL crash experts to determine who needs to be held accountable.
- Providing you with sound legal counsel throughout the duration of your claim, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for you, your future, and your Madison, IL loved ones.
- Keeping you informed throughout your so that you are not left wondering. We take pride in our ability to make our clients feel valued.
- Leveling the playing field against powerful insurance companies so you get the full compensation you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters know that the average person doesn't know injury law. We founded our practice on the principle accident victims and their families should have expert legal representation that gets results.
- Handling all of the legal aspects of your case so you can spend your time on what matters most: reaching your best possible medical recovery and getting back to work and back to feeling like normal again.
- Make sure that you get the best possible financial recovery for everything you are owed, including your urgent care bills, procedures, physical therapy, prescription and more, money you lost from not working, out-of-pocket expenses and noneconomic damages.
When you're injured in a motorcycle accident because of somebody else's negligence, it immediately disrupts your life. The Madison, IL motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are rightfully compensated for your injuries.
Other cases we handle in Madison, IL include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Madison, IL Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. We've committed our practice to helping those Madison, IL residents who have been treated unfairly. To speak to an expert motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.