Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Sappington, MO
Sappington, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Sappington, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Sappington, MO. Motorcycles provide an almost meditative sense of peace and thrill. However, too many other drivers on the Sappington, MO roads either don't look out for motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries sustained in motorcycle crashes can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of doubt. If you received an injury in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, Halvorsen Klote's Sappington, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our experience and client-centered approach will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict at trial. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Sappington, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a free case review. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Sappington, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means you pay nothing upfront, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury cases in Sappington, MO:
Sappington, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following represents the total crashes, injuries and deaths in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
More Sappington, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are alarming, but|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks is stark:
- Despite the fact that .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycles account for 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of all injuries, according to research from the National Safety Council.
- Over the course of 15 years in the early 2000s, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are considered to be 41 percent effective at stopping motorcycle passenger deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illuminating why motorcyclists are much more likely to die in an accident.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the you are more likely to be in a motorcycle accident when the weather is warmer, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after 6 P.M. when it is harder to see motorcyclists.
While some drivers don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the lion's share of bikers practice safety tips. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or their wariness to share the road that gets people hurt. If another driver in the Sappington, MO area injured you, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you are compensated for your injuries.
Why Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Sappington, MO?
Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Drunk driving contributes to more motor vehicle accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills approximately 32 people a day. Drunk driving was a factor in over a third of of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than one with 2 wheels, motorcycle are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as ruts in the road, slippery surfaces, potholes, and signs that limit visibility. Even if another motorist was not involved in your accident, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company responsible for maintaining the road.
Almost 50 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. It's hard for many people to notice motorcyclists, even if they're judiciously checking their blind spots. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," an occurrence in which our brains cannot process a smaller vehicle like a motorcycle because of how much sensory information we receive as we drive.
Thirty-three percent of fatal motorcycle accidents had speeding as a contributing factor. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, another culprit is enclosed-vehicle motorists driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than cars or trucks, and many motorcyclists roll off the throttle to slow down, preventing the break lights from coming on. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to slow down in time.
What Can Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Sappington, MO Do For My Case?
Most are looking to hire a personal injury before have never been in a situation like this before, and don't know how to go about filing a claim and how much full compensation really looks like. A Halvorsen Klote Sappington, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will immediately start working on your case by:
- Fully investigating your casein order to gather the necessary evidence and determine liability. You will have the advantage of our experience and network of Sappington, MO accident experts to determine who needs to be held accountable.
- Offering sound legal advice throughout the duration of your claim, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for you and your Sappington, MO family.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the status of your claim so that you are not left wondering. We take pride in our client-centered approach to legal representation.
- Offering the same high-quality legal representation insurance companies have so you make a full financial recovery. Insurance adjusters will sometimes flat out lie to you and mislead to you make you think your claim is worth less than it really is. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Overseeing all of the legal aspects of your case so you can spend your time on what's important: recovering from your injuries and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Fight hard for you so that you receive a full financial recovery for all of your damages, including your urgent care bills, procedures, physical therapy, prescription and more, money you lost from not working, out-of-pocket expenses and loss of enjoyment of life.
When you're injured through no fault of your own, it immediately disrupts your life. The Sappington, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you do not have to go through this alone.
Other cases we handle in Sappington, MO include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Sappington, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. We've devoted our practice to making a difference in the lives of Sappington, MO residents who have been treated unfairly. To speak to a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.