Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Sappington, MO
Sappington, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Sappington, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Sappington, MO. There's no comparing the feeling of freedom and excitement motorcyclists can get from riding their bikes. However, too many other drivers on the Sappington, MO roads either don't respect the safety of motorcyclists or treat them as second-class citizens. Injuries sustained in motorcycle wrecks can abruptly upend your life and create a mountain of anxiety. If you were injured by a negligent driver, Halvorsen Klote's Sappington, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will get you full compensation for your injuries. Our high-quality legal representation in a personalized environment will give you piece of mind and confidence that your case will reach a successful resolution. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Sappington, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a free consultation. We serve clients throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Sappington, MO only charges a contingency fee. That means there are no upfront costs, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys are also knowledgeable and experienced in the following personal injury claims in Sappington, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Sappington, Missouri and Illinois?
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following represents the total crashes, injuries and deaths in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
Other Sappington, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a deeper look into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Despite the fact that motorcycles account for only 3 percent of registered vehicles, motorcycles account for 14 percent of traffic-related deaths and 4 percent of all injuries, according to data from the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are estimated to be 37 percent effective in preventing motorcycle operator deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, 16.71 passenger cars per 100,000 and 13.72 light trucks per 100,000 were involved in crashes in 2020, compared to 68.71 motorcycles per 100,000.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents there were 102.75 injuries for every one death, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, meaning motorcyclists are at increased risk.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, between 6 P.M. Friday and 6 A.M Monday when bars are at their fullest and after sunset.
While some drivers have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the lion's share of bikers value their safety. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or their wariness to share the road that causes someone else injuries. If another driver in the Sappington, MO area injured you, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best results in your case.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Sappington, MO?
Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
Drunk driving accidents are the most common type of motor vehicle accidents, and in the U.S. it kills about one person every 45 minutes. Drunk driving contributed to over three-tenths of motorcycle accident deaths.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than one with 2 wheels, road hazards such as ruts in the road, inclement weather, potholes, and debris create a heightened risk. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the liable party may be a government entity or construction company.
Almost half of of motorcycle accidents that lead to death occur a motorcycle driving straight ahead is struck by a vehicle turning left. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains scan for cars but has not been sufficiently trained to scan for motorcycles.
A third of fatal motorcycle accidents had speeding as a contributing factor. While many of those crashes are caused by a speeding motorcycles, it often is the fault of car or truck drivers who force a biker to take evasive action.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as passenger cars, and many motorcyclists downshift to slow down, preventing the break lights from coming on. It is still the responsibility of the other vehicle to slow down in time.
Why Do I Need a Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Sappington, MO?
Most seek out our services have never been in a situation like this before, and don't know how to go about receiving compensation and the value of the claim. A Halvorsen Klote Sappington, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will help your case by:
- Performing an extensive investigation into your claimso that we can acquire the necessary evidence and assign an appropriate amount of blame to all at-fault parties. We use our experience and network of Sappington, MO collision experts to determine how much your injuries are worth and who needs to be held accountable.
- Offering sound legal advice as your case progresses, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for you and your Sappington, MO family.
- Keeping you up-to-date on the status of your claim so that you know we are giving it our full attention. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Leveling the playing field against large insurance companies so you make get every penny you are entitled to. Insurance adjusters know that the average person doesn't know injury law. We founded our practice on the principle accident victims and their families should have access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Overseeing all documentation, negotiation and litigation so you can spend your energy on what's important: healing and getting your life back together as soon as possible.
- Make sure that you receive the best possible financial recovery for everything you are owed, including medical expenses, lost wages, anything you paid out-of-pocket and noneconomic damages.
When you're injured through no fault of your own, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Sappington, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are rightfully compensated for your injuries.
Sappington, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand that the consequences of being injured by somebody else's negligence are immediate and severe. But you should not have to pay because somebody else in Sappington, MO did not do the right thing. For a complimentary case review with a knowledgeable motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.