Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Chesterfield, MO
Chesterfield, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Chesterfield, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Chesterfield, MO. Motorcycles offer an amazing sense of brotherhood and exhilaration. However, too many other drivers on the Chesterfield, MO roads either don't respect the safety of motorcyclists or are actively hostile against them. Injuries suffered in motorcycle accidents can cause immediate and devastating financial, physical and emotional hardships. If you were injured by a negligent driver, Halvorsen Klote's Chesterfield, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will help you get your life back on track. Our high-quality legal advocacy in a personalized environment will give you piece of mind and confidence that you will recover the compensation you deserve, whether through a settlement or a verdict from a jury. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Chesterfield, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a complimentary case evaluation. We serve injury victims and their families throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Chesterfield, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means you pay nothing upfront, and you never pay a penny if you to not obtain financial compensation.
Beyond motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury cases in Chesterfield, MO:
Chesterfield, Missouri and Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following represents the total crashes, injuries and deaths in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
More Chesterfield, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
While the total numbers or accidents are not as high for motorcycle accidents as they are for other vehicles|a comparison between motorcycles and passenger cars and light trucks shows how dangerous motorcyclists can be when other people don't pay attention on the road:
- Even though .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycle accidents cause 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of total injuries, according to research from the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, it's estimated that helmets saved over 25,000 lives, and helmets are estimated to be 37 percent successful in stopping motorcycle operator deaths.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while .068 percent of motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries were more common than fatalities by a factor of over 100, while in there were less than 15 injuries for one death, illuminating why motorcyclists are much more likely to die in an accident.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after dark.
While some motorists don't view motorcyclists favorably, the truth is the lion's share of bikers practice safety tips. It's usually either another vehicle's inattention or disdain for motorcycles that gets people hurt. If another driver in the Chesterfield, MO area injured you, the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team will ensure that they are held accountable and you recover the money you are entitled to.
What Are Common Causes of Chesterfield, MO Motorcycle Accidents?
DUIs or DWIs
Drunk driving accidents are the most common type of motor vehicle accidents, and in the U.S. it kills about one person every three quarters of an hour. Drunk driving was a factor in 34 percent of fatal motorcycle crashes.
Because motorcycles only have two wheels, road hazards such as ruts in the road, slippery surfaces, potholes, and gravel create a heightened risk. Even if another motorist was not involved in your accident, if your injuries were caused by a road hazard, you may be able to make a claim against a government agency or construction company that was supposed to verify the road was safe for vehicle traffic.
Forty-two percent of fatal motorcycle crashes occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is the result of "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains cannot notice a smaller vehicle like a motorcycle because of how much sensory information we receive as we drive.
Thirty-three percent of motorcycle fatalities involve speeding. While some bikers are known to speed, they can also be caused by car or truck drivers driving too fast to be able to maneuver around a motorcycle safely.
Motorcycles decelerate faster than other vehicles, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like downshifting, meaning a trailing car won't see their brake lights. Still, just as in a crash between two cars or a car and a truck, the trailing vehicle is almost always at complete fault for the accident.
What Can Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Chesterfield, MO Do For My Case?
Most of our clients have never had an injury before, and are unsure what the procedure is for receiving compensation and the value of the injuries. A Halvorsen Klote Chesterfield, MO motorcycle accidents attorney represent with the highest-quality legal advocacy by:
- Fully investigating your claimin order to acquire important evidence and determine liability. You will have the advantage of our legal knowledge and network of Chesterfield, MO accident experts to ascertain who needs to be held accountable.
- Offering sound legal advice as your case progresses, so you know everything you need to in order to make the best decision for you, your future, and your Chesterfield, MO loved ones.
- Letting you know how your case is progression so that you are never left in the dark. Our legal representation takes a personalized approach.
- Leveling the playing field against wealthy insurance companies so you make get every penny you deserve. Insurance adjusters will sometimes flat out lie to you and mislead to you make you think your claim is worth less than it really is. We we dedicate ourselves to providing accident victims and their loved ones access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Managing all of the legal aspects of your case so you can spend your time on what's important: recovering from your injuries and putting your life back together.
- Ensure that you receive the best possible financial recovery for all of your damages, including your urgent care bills, procedures, chiropractic appointments, prescription and more, lost wages, anything you paid out-of-pocket and pain and suffering.
When you're following all the rules and end up injured because somebody else did something wrong, it places undue physical, mental and financial burdens on you. The Chesterfield, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are taken care of.
Other cases we take on in Chesterfield, MO include:
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Chesterfield, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. We've devoted our practice to helping those Chesterfield, MO residents who have been treated wrongly. For a complimentary consultation with an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney that knows how to get results, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.