Motorcycle Accidents Attorney Chesterfield, MO
Chesterfield, MO Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Chesterfield, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Chesterfield, MO. Motorcycles offer an amazing sense of companionship and thrill. However, motorcycle accidents are especially dangerous in Chesterfield, MO. Injuries sustained in motorcycle wrecks can be catastrophic and have long-term effects. If you were injured by a negligent driver, Halvorsen Klote's Chesterfield, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team will hold the liable parties responsible and set you on the road to recovery. Our high-quality legal advocacy in a personalized atmosphere will help you feel at ease and confident that your case will reach a successful resolution. Call a Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Chesterfield, MO today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online for a free case evaluation. We serve the injured throughout the St. Louis area and Southern Illinois.
Your Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney in Chesterfield, MO works on a contingency fee basis. That means there are no upfront costs, and you don't pay us anything unless we win your case.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, our attorneys have also gotten great compensation in the following personal injury cases in Chesterfield, MO:
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Chesterfield, Missouri and Illinois?
According to data from the National Safety Council, Missouri Traffic Safety Compendium and the 2020 Illinois Crash Facts & Statistics, the following represents the total crashes, injuries and deaths in motorcycle accidents in 2020:
|St. Louis (City and County)||321||240||9|
Other Chesterfield, MO Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The sheer totals of injuries and fatalities in motorcycle accidents are startling, but|a deeper look into the statistics shows an even greater disparity in how safe motorcyclists are compared to their enclosed-vehicle peers:
- Even though .06 percent of all vehicle miles traveled, motorcycles account for 14 percent of motor vehicle accident fatalities and 4 percent of total injuries, according to data from the National Safety Council.
- From 2002 to 2017, the National Safety Council approximates that helmets saved over 25,000 people from death, and helmets are considered to be 37 percent successful in stopping fatal injuries to motorcycle operators.
- According to the Insurance Information Institute, .016 percent of cars and .013 percent of trucks were involved in an accident, while .068 percent of motorcycles were.
- In 2020, in passenger car accidents injuries outpaced death by a factor of over 100, while in motorcycles there were 14.79 injuries per one death, illustrating how motorcycles are more dangerous to drive or ride than other vehicles.
- According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the majority of motorcycle accidents and deaths occur in the summer months, on weekends when bars are at their fullest and after sunset.
While some drivers have preconceived notions of people who ride motorcycles, the truth is the vast majority of bikers are vigilant about theirs and others' safety. Motorcycle accidents usually happen when other motorists don't pay attention or don't want to share the road. If another driver in the Chesterfield, MO area injured you, call the Halvorsen Klote motorcycle accidents attorney team for the best possible financial recovery.
What Are Common Causes of Chesterfield, MO Motorcycle Accidents?
Driving Under the Influence
Drunk driving contributes to more traffic-related accidents than any other single factor, and in the U.S. it kills about one person every 45 minutes. Drunk driving was found to be involved in over a third of of fatal motorcycle crashes.
Because a car with 4 wheels is much more stable than one with 2 wheels, they are especially vulnerable to road hazards such as ruts in the road, slick surfaces, potholes, and animals. If your accident was caused by a road hazard, the responsible party may be a government entity or construction company.
Forty-two percent of motorcycle accidents that result in death occur when a vehicle turns left and hits a motorcyclist going straight. This is often just a consequence of drivers failing to see motorcyclists, even if they're being diligent about safety. This is due to something called "inattentional blindness," a phenomenon in which our brains are scanning for cars, but don't register motorcycles at cars.
Thirty-three percent of motorcycle crash deaths had speeding as a contributing factor. While this is sometimes speeding on behalf of the motorcyclist, it often is the fault of car or truck drivers who force a biker to react quicker than they can safely do so.
Motorcycles do not need as much room to break as passenger cars, and many motorcyclists use alternative breaking methods like rolling off the throttle, so a motorist behind them won't see the passenger car. Still, just as in a crash between two cars, the trailing vehicle is almost always at complete fault for the accident.
What Can Motorcycle Accidents Attorney in Chesterfield, MO Do For My Case?
Most who come to see us have never had to hire a lawyer before, and are unsure what the procedure is for filing a claim and how much their injuries are worth. A Halvorsen Klote Chesterfield, MO motorcycle accidents attorney will help your case by:
- Performing an extensive investigation into your caseso that we can acquire valuable evidence and identify all liable parties. You will have the advantage of our expertise and network of Chesterfield, MO crash experts to ascertain the precise cause of your injuries.
- Offering sound legal counsel throughout the duration of your claim, so you have all the information you need to make the best decision for you, your future, and your Chesterfield, MO loved ones.
- Making sure you always know what's going on in your case so that you are not left wondering. We always strive to be helpful and kind with each of our clients.
- Leveling the playing field against powerful insurance companies so you make get every penny you are owed. Insurance adjusters will sometimes flat out lie to you and mislead to you make you think your claim is worth less than it really is. We founded our practice on the notion accident victims and their families should have access to the same standard of legal representation that large insurance companies have.
- Handling all documentation, negotiation and litigation so you can focus on what matters most: recovering from your injuries and putting your life back together.
- Make sure that you get a full financial recovery for all of your damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, anything you paid out-of-pocket and pain and suffering.
When you're injured in a motorcycle accident because of somebody else's negligence, it immediately disrupts your life. The Chesterfield, MO motorcycle accidents attorney team at Halvorsen Klote will ensure that you are taken care of.
Chesterfield, MO Motorcycle Accidents Attorney | Halvorsen Klote
At Halvorsen Klote, we understand how your entire life can be changed in an instant. We've devoted our practice to making a difference in the lives of Chesterfield, MO residents who have been treated unfairly. For a free case evaluation with an experienced motorcycle accidents attorney you can trust, call Halvorsen Klote today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.