Injury Claim Lawyer Chesterfield, MO
Chesterfield, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Consultation | Chesterfield, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Injury Claim Lawyer in Chesterfield, MO. No one anticipates being injured, but when they are it creates sudden and harsh economic, physical and emotional burdens. It can be infuriating when your injuries are caused by someone else's thoughtless action or inaction. Missouri and Illinois law supply a channel for injured victims to secure a financial recovery for their injuries through personal injury claims. Most of the time, it can be difficult for Chesterfield, MO residents to receive fair compensation without the aid of an injury claim lawyer. At Halvorsen Klote, we have devoted our careers to getting clients in Missouri and Southern Illinois great compensation, and providing them with the same high standard of legal representation as large insurance companies. If you were injured because someone else was negligent, call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
Top Causes of Personal Injury Claims | Chesterfield, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Personal injury claims refer to legal claims seeking restitution for injuries caused by someone else's negligent, reckless, or calculated actions. While determining who is to blame depends on the unique circumstances of your cases, most cases fall into one of several common accident types. Some of the most common cases our injury claim lawyer team delivers maximum compensation for our clients in in Chesterfield, MO are:
- Auto crashes, such as
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Daycare injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
No matter the cause of your injuries, trust your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Chesterfield, MO to know how maximize the value of your claim. To take the first step in recovering restitution for your injuries, contact us right away so we can start working on your claim.
Determining If You Have an Injury Claim | Chesterfield, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You cannot make a claim for any injury or accident; you must demonstrate that another party is liable for your damages. In order for your case to be successful, your injury claim lawyer must how the other party's action or inaction amounts to the five elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: Establishing a duty of care is predominant your claim. You must show that the defendant had a responsibility to refrain from acts that could foreseeably hurt you. If you were injured in an auto accident, the other driver automatically had a responsibility, as both Missouri and Illinois have put into law that drivers owe other drivers, passengers, bicyclists and pedestrians a duty of care. Other relationships, a doctor-patient relationship or that between a property manager and customer, have preestablished duties of care.
- Breach of Duty: The second step, you have to show that the person who owed you a duty of care did not act as a reasonable person would or as the law demands.
- Cause in Fact: Following that, you must demonstrate that were it not for the defendant's actions or inaction, your injuries would not have occurred. So, if a driver had not run a red light, or a defective product had been recalled, you would not have been injured.
- Proximate Cause: This refers to whether the cause in fact was really the the other party's fault. If a driver ran a red light because their breaks malfunctioned, then the duty of care may have been breached by a manufacturer or mechanic, not by the driver.
- Damages: The last thing you need to prove is that you incurred damages. In a personal injury suit, that means you have to provide documentation of your injuries. If you were rear-ended and the only consequence was minor cosmetic damage to your car, you probably will not be able to file a sound claim because you did not incur any real damages.
Every Chesterfield, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to take on, prove, and get great results in every type of personal injury claim. If you're uncertain if your injuries can be attributed to someone else's negligence, contact an injury claim lawyer as soon as you can. Our consultation is free, so there's no risk in calling us to discuss your claim.
Frequently Asked Questions | Chesterfield, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
When we get a new case in Chesterfield, MO, it's typically the first time our client has experienced an injury claim and is understandably unsure about the process and how it works. The following are some of the most frequently asked questions our injury claim lawyer team receives in Chesterfield, MO:
How Much Compensation Can I Expect to Collect?
That depends on the individual circumstances of your accident, the seriousness of your injuries and the expertise of your Chesterfield, MO injury claim lawyer. With our help you can secure a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, like damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Lowered earning capacity if your injuries have permanent effects on your ability to complete tasks at your place of work
- Medical expenses, such as:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or car
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Chesterfield, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value the full extent of your damages and deliver you the full compensation you are entitled to.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Claims?
There are some notably exceptions in each state, but it is vital to reach out to an injury claim lawyer in Chesterfield, MO as soon as you can after being in an accident so that the time limit does not run out.
What Is The Burden of Proof in Personal Injury Claims?
The phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt" is ubiquitous in American culture. That's the burden of proof that juries and judges must adhere to in criminal court to protect innocent people from jail. Personal injury claims are civil cases, and the the pertinent burden of proof is a preponderance of the evidence. That means that a fact-finder — whoever makes the final decision in your case — must find only that the claim is more likely than not to be true.
So, if a drunk driver avoids a criminal conviction because of mistakes in police work, you can still seek compensation from them in a civil claim.
If your injury claim lawyer is helping you pursue punitive damages, you must provide clear and convincing evidence, which means that the jury or insurance adjuster are left with a firm belief that the claim is most likely true.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
Again, that can change based on the individual circumstances of your claim. The Bureau of Justice Statistics found that almost all tort lawsuits are settled in negotiations. A settlement may only take a few months, while you might have to wait for up to two years if a case in Chesterfield, MO goes to trial. If your injuries do not have a permanent affect on your life, your injury claim lawyer may advise waiting until you've reached maximum medical improvement so you can be compensated for your full medical bills.
What's the Timeline for a Personal Injury Claim?
usually, following an injury caused by another person's negligence in Chesterfield, MO, you can expect the process to proceed as follows:
- You get medical attention (and keep with it until you have completely recovered).
- You discuss your claim with an injury claim lawyer.
- The attorney investigates your case and obtains evidence, such as police reports and medical records.
- Your injury claim lawyer writes a formal settlement demand letter.
- If the the insurance company does not agree with the settlement demand, your injury claim lawyer will decide if the best idea is to try to negotiate or file a lawsuit.
- The discovery phase begins, wherein your attorney gathers further evidence and acquires expert testimony.
- Your injury claim lawyer and the insurance company enter negotiations before a neutral intermediary in mediation.
- We take your case to court if negotiations do not yield a fair settlement offer.
Can I Still Receive Compensation if I Was Partially at Fault?
Yes. Missouri is what is called a "pure comparative negligence" state, which means your financial recovery will be taken out by the portion of fault you share. So if a jury decides your damages add up to $100,000 but determines you were 30 percent at fault, you will only collect $70,000. Illinois is similar, but is a "modified comparative negligence" state, which means you will not receive compensation if you are more than 50 percent responsible.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire an Injury Claim Lawyer? | Chesterfield, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
It's possible you are apprehensive about hiring a lawyer in Chesterfield, MO because you're already paying for medical expenses and might not be able to work at the moment because of your injuries. A benefit of enlisting the services of an injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is, as opposed to criminal defense attorneys in Chesterfield, MO, we are paid with a contingency fee. There are three principal advantages to that:
- We do not charge anything in advance of services. Instead of getting an hourly amount, we take a percentage of the financial recovery you receive — only after you get paid.
- We charge nothing if we do not secure a successful resolution for your claim. A Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer only gets paid by using their skill and determination to attain a successful resolution in your case.
- We only take cases on when we honestly believe we will be able to substantially increase your final recovery . We take on the risk of employing our resources for you, and we'll always be direct with you and will never mislead you.
Regardless of what your present economic situation may be, a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Chesterfield, MO will take on your case and fight with all of our resources to see you get the great results you are entitled to.
Check out the these links to see what other services we offer in Chesterfield, MO:
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Call HK Law Today
Chesterfield, MO Injury Claim Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
You don't have to go through the complicated legal process alone. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Chesterfield, MO, we start building your claim immediately and maintain an open and consistent line of communication with you throughout the entire process. We give you all the information you need to do what's best for you and your Chesterfield, MO family. Call an injury claim lawyer in Chesterfield, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.