Injury Claim Lawyer Sullivan, MO
Sullivan, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Consultation | Sullivan, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Injury Claim Lawyer in Sullivan, MO. No one expects to be injured, but when they are it creates unforeseen and severe economic, physical and emotional burdens. It can be infuriating when your injuries are caused by someone else's negligence. Missouri and Illinois law supply an outlet for injured victims to receive compensation for their damages through personal injury claims. In most cases, it can be difficult for Sullivan, MO residents to get fair compensation without the aid of an injury claim lawyer. At Halvorsen Klote, we have committed our careers to getting clients in Missouri and Southern Illinois great compensation, and providing them with the same high standard of legal representation as large insurance companies. If you were injured because someone else was negligent, call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
Common Causes of Personal Injury Claims | Sullivan, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Personal injury claims refer to the process one goes through to seek restitution for injuries caused by someone else's incautious, reckless, or calculated actions. While determining who is at fault depends on the specific facts of your cases, most cases will be decided by law governing one of a number of common categories. Some of the most common claims our injury claim lawyer team delivers maximum compensation for our clients in in Sullivan, MO are:
- Auto crashes, such as
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Daycare injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
Regardless of how your injuries transpired, your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Sullivan, MO has seen it before. If you've been harmed because of somebody else's reckless actions, contact us right away so we can start working on your claim.
Determining If You Have an Injury Claim | Sullivan, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You cannot receive compensation for every injury; you must demonstrate that another party is to blame for your damages. In order for your claim to be successful, your injury claim lawyer must how the other party's action or inaction amounts to the five elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: Confirming a duty of care is predominant your claim. You must substantiate that the defendant had an obligation to refrain from acts that could predictably hurt you. If you were injured in an auto accident, the other driver automatically had a responsibility, as both Missouri and Illinois have put forth that drivers owe others a duty of care. Other relationships, a doctor-patient relationship or that between a property manager and visitor, have defined duties of care.
- Breach of Duty: Next, you must show that the person who had an obligation to your safety behaved in a way that was unreasonable or did something against the law.
- Cause in Fact: The third step is showing that if the other party had behaved differently, you would not have suffered any injuries. Meaning, if a driver had not been distracted, or a doctor had diagnosed you correctly, you would not have been injured.
- Proximate Cause: This refers to whether the cause in fact was really the the other party's fault. If a property owner had no way of knowing of a hazardous condition they may not be liable.
- Damages: The last element of negligence is that you sustained damages. In a personal injury case, that means you have to provide documentation of your injuries. If you're in a slip and fall and only sustain a minor bruise that goes away after a couple days, you probably do not have a claim because you did not incur any actual injury.
Every Sullivan, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to take on, prove, and get great results in every type of personal injury claim. If you're uncertain if you have a claim, call an injury claim lawyer as soon as you can. Our consultation is free, so there's no reason not to call us to discuss your claim.
Frequently Asked Questions | Sullivan, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
When we take on a new case in Sullivan, MO, it's usually somebody who has never experienced an injury claim and is naturally anxious about the process and how it works. Read on below for some FAQs from your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Sullivan, MO:
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That will vary depending on the specifics of your injury, the scope of your damages and the talent and drive of your Sullivan, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you be awarded a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, like damage to your car
- Lost wages for any time periods where your injury did not allow you to work
- Lowered earning capacity if your injuries have permanent consequences on your ability to complete tasks at your place of work
- Medical expenses, for example:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Sullivan, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value the full extent of your damages and deliver you the complete compensation you deserve.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Claims?
There are some noteworthy exceptions in each state, but it is essential to call an injury claim lawyer in Sullivan, MO immediately after an injury so that the time limit does not run out.
What Is The Burden of Proof in Personal Injury Claims?
We've all heard the phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt." That's the burden of proof that juries and judges must follow in criminal cases so that there is no chance that an innocent person is imprisoned. Personal injury claims are civil cases, and the burden of proof is called a preponderance of the evidence. Pursuant to that standard a jury or insurance adjuster must find only that the claim is more likely than not to be true.
That means that if a drunk driver gets out of their criminal case because of errors in a police reports, you can still seek restitution from them in a civil claim.
If your injury claim lawyer is helping you seek punitive damages, you must show clear and convincing evidence, which means that the jury or insurance adjuster are left with a firm belief that the claim is most likely true.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
Again, that depends on the specifics of your injury. The Bureau of Justice Statistics reports that the vast majority of tort claims are settled before they go to trial. If the parties settle, you can receive compensation within a few months, while you might have to wait for up to two years if a case in Sullivan, MO goes to trial. If your injuries do not have lifelong consequences, your injury claim lawyer may suggest waiting until you've reached maximum medical improvement so you know the full value of all of your medical bills.
How do Personal Injury Claims Work?
Typically, following an injury caused by somebody else's careless actions in Sullivan, MO, you can expect the process to proceed as follows:
- You receive medical care (and continue care as long as necessary).
- You consult with an injury claim lawyer.
- The lawyer investigates your claim and acquires evidence, for example police reports and medical records.
- Your injury claim lawyer writes a formal settlement demand letter.
- If the settlement demand is denied, your injury claim lawyer will decide if the best course of action is to try to negotiate or file a lawsuit.
- Your lawyer enters the discovery phase, where they acquire futher evidence and obtain expert testimony.
- Your injury claim lawyer and the insurance company negotiate in front of a neutral party in mediation.
- We take your case to court if we cannot get you a fair settlement offer in negotiations.
Can I Still Collect Compensation if I Was Partially at Fault?
Yes. Missouri is what is called a "pure comparative negligence" state, which means your compensation will be diminished by the percent of fault you bear for the accident. So if a jury awards you $100,000 but finds you were 30 percent to blame, you will only collect $70,000. Illinois is similar, but is a "modified comparative negligence" state, which means you will not receive a financial recovery if you are more than half to blame.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire an Injury Claim Lawyer? | Sullivan, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
It's possible you are anxious about whether or not you can afford legal representation in Sullivan, MO because the medical bills and lost wages are piling up and you're not sure you can afford an attorney. An advantage to enlisting the services of an injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is, in contrast to other attorneys in Sullivan, MO, we work on a contingency fee basis. There are three chief advantages to that:
- We require no upfront fees. Because we don't receive an hourly amount, we take a percentage of the compensation you receive — only after we win or settle your case.
- You owe us nothing if we do not secure a successful resolution for your case. A Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer only earns a living by utilizing their expertise to achieve a successful resolution in your case.
- We won't take on your case unless we honestly believe we will be able to substantially increase your final recovery . We accept the risk of employing our resources to win your case, and we won't make promises we can't keep or mislead you.
No matter what your current economic circumstances is, a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Sullivan, MO will take on your case and fight with all of our resources to see you get the great results you are owed.
Check out the these links to find out what other services we offer in Sullivan, MO:
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
Call HK Law Today
Sullivan, MO Injury Claim Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
You shouldn't have to pay because someone else was negligent and injured you. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Sullivan, MO, we start building your case right away and keep you informed until we secure a successful resolution. We make sure you understand your claim and the law so you can do the best thing for you and your Sullivan, MO family. Call an injury claim lawyer in Sullivan, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.