Injury Claim Lawyer Litchfield, IL
Litchfield, IL Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Evaluation | Litchfield, IL Injury Claim Lawyer
Injury Claim Lawyer in Litchfield, IL. Injuries can happen to anyone almost anytime, creating unforeseen and harsh financial, physical and emotional afflictions. It can be infuriating when your injuries are the consequence of someone else's negligence. Missouri and Illinois law supply a channel for injured victims to secure compensation for their damages through personal injury claims. Usually, you'll need the aid of an injury claim lawyer in Litchfield, IL to get the most value for your claim. At Halvorsen Klote, we have devoted our lives to offering the injured and vulnerable in Missouri and Southern Illinois the highest level of legal representation that rivals and eclipses that of large insurance companies. If you were injured because someone else was negligent, call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.
Leading Causes of Personal Injury Claims | Litchfield, IL Injury Claim Lawyer
Personal injury claims are legal claims seeking restitution for injuries caused by someone else's incautious, reckless, or deliberate actions. While each accident and each injury claim is unique, most cases fall into one of several common categories. Some of the most common cases our injury claim lawyer team handles in Litchfield, IL are:
- Auto crashes, such as
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Daycare injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
Regardless of how your injuries transpired, your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Litchfield, IL has seen it before. If you've been injured because of another person's reckless actions, contact us as soon as possible so we can start working on your claim.
Determining If You Have an Injury Claim | Litchfield, IL Injury Claim Lawyer
You cannot make a claim for any injury or accident; you must show that someone else is responsible for your damages. In order for your case to be successful, your injury claim lawyer must prove the five elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: Demonstrating a duty of care is the first step in your claim. You must substantiate that the defendant had a duty to keep you safe. If you were injured in an auto accident, the other driver automatically had a responsibility, as both Missouri and Illinois have put into law that drivers owe other drivers, passengers, bicyclists and pedestrians a duty of care. Other associations, a doctor-patient relationship or that between a property manager and patron, have defined duties of care.
- Breach of Duty: After establishing a breach of duty, you must show that the person who had a responsibility to your safety did not act as a reasonable person would or as the law dictates.
- Cause in Fact: Following that, you must demonstrate that if the other party had behaved differently, your injuries would not have occurred. For instance, if a driver had not been distracted, or if a restaurant manager had put a "wet floor" sign up, you would not have been injured.
- Proximate Cause: This refers to liable for the cause in fact. A physician may not be held accountable if they followed standard procedures, even if they missed a diagnosis.
- Damages: The last element of negligence is that you sustained damages. In a personal injury lawsuit, that means you were injured. If you're in a slip and fall and only sustain a minor bruise that goes away after a couple days, you probably do not have a claim because you did not receive any real damages.
Every Litchfield, IL injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to take on, prove, and get great results in every type of personal injury claim. If don't know whether or not you have a claim, you need to consult with an injury claim lawyer right away. Our case reviews are free, so they're no-risk, no-obligation.
Frequently Asked Questions | Litchfield, IL Injury Claim Lawyer
The majority of our Litchfield, IL clients have never had to make an injury claim before and are anxious about what the whole process entails. The following are some of the most frequently asked questions our injury claim lawyer team receives in Litchfield, IL:
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That depends on the individual circumstances of your injury, the scope of your damages and the experience and knowledge of your Litchfield, IL injury claim lawyer. With our help you can secure compensation for:
- Property damage, such as damage to your car
- Wage loss from time spent recovering
- Decreased earning capacity if your injuries have permanent consequences on your ability to complete tasks at your place of work
- Medical expenses, for instance:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' visits
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Litchfield, IL injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value the full extent of your damages and deliver you the great compensation you are entitled to.
What's the Time Limit to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Both states offer rare exceptions for age or disability, but it is vital to reach out to an injury claim lawyer in Litchfield, IL immediately after an injury to avoid bringing complications to your claim.
What Is The Burden of Proof in Personal Injury Claims?
The phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt" is ubiquitous in American culture. That's the burden of proof that juries and judges must follow in criminal court to protect innocent people from imprisonment. Personal injury claims are settled and tried in civil court, and the the applicable burden of proof is a preponderance of the evidence. Pursuant to that standard a jury or insurance adjuster must find only that there is a greater than 50 percent chance that the claim is true.
That means that if a drunk driver evades a criminal conviction because of mistakes in police work, you can still hold them to blame in a civil claim.
If your injury claim lawyer is helping you seek punitive damages, you must provide clear and convincing evidence, which is a higher standard than preponderance of the evidence but lower than beyond a reasonable doubt.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
Again, that depends on the particulars of your claim. The Bureau of Justice Statistics found that 96 percent of tort lawsuits are settled out of court. A settlement may only take a few months, while you might have to wait for up to two years if a case in Litchfield, IL goes to court. If your injuries do not have lifelong consequences, your injury claim lawyer may recommend waiting until you've reached maximum medical improvement so you know the full value of all of your medical costs.
What's the Process of a Personal Injury Claim?
Generally, following an injury caused by somebody else's careless actions in Litchfield, IL, you can expect the process to unfold as follows:
- You get medical attention (and continue treatment as long as necessary).
- You consult with an injury claim lawyer.
- The attorney conducts an investigation into your case and acquires evidence, for example police reports and medical records.
- Your injury claim lawyer makes an official settlement demand letter.
- If the the insurance company refuses to pay the settlement demand, your injury claim lawyer will decide if the best course of action is to try to negotiate or file a lawsuit.
- Your lawyer enters the discovery phase, where they acquire futher evidence and obtain expert opinions.
- Your injury claim lawyer and the insurance company negotiate before a neutral party in mediation.
- We take your case in front of a judge and jury if the insurance company will not be fair in negotiations.
Can I Still Receive Compensation if I Was Partially at Fault?
Yes. Missouri is what is called a "pure comparative negligence" state, which means your financial recovery will be deducted by the percent of blame you share. Meaning, if a jury awards you $100,000 but establishes you were 30 percent responsible, you will only recover $70,000. Illinois is considered a "modified comparative negligence" state, which means you can only receive compensation if you are less than half responsible.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire an Injury Claim Lawyer? | Litchfield, IL Injury Claim Lawyer
It's possible you are anxious about employing the services of a lawyer in Litchfield, IL because the medical bills and lost wages are piling up and you're not sure you can pay for an attorney. A benefit of hiring an injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is, in contrast to other lawyers in Litchfield, IL, we are paid with a contingency fee. That means three things:
- There are no upfront costs. Because we don't receive an hourly rate, we are paid with percentage of the financial recovery you collect — only after you get paid.
- You owe us nothing if we do not secure a successful resolution for your claim. A Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer only gets paid by employing their experience and knowledge to attain the best possible results.
- We won't take on your case unless we genuinely believe we will be able to add significantly more value to your claim . We take on the risk of employing our resources for you, and we'll always be straightforward with you and will never mislead you.
No matter what your current financial situation may be, a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Litchfield, IL will be by your side and fight on your behalf to get you the great results you are owed.
Click on the these links to find out what other services we offer in Litchfield, IL:
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Call HK Law Today
Litchfield, IL Injury Claim Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
You don't have to go through the complicated legal process alone. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Litchfield, IL, we start building your case immediately and stay in communication with you until we secure a successful resolution. We give you all the information you need to do the best thing for you and your Litchfield, IL family. Call an injury claim lawyer in Litchfield, IL today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.