Injury Claim Lawyer Republic, MO
Republic, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Evaluation | Republic, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Injury Claim Lawyer in Republic, MO. No one anticipates being injured, but when they are it creates unforeseen and severe financial, physical and emotional burdens. It's normal to be furious when your injuries result from someone else's careless action or inaction. Missouri and Illinois law provide an avenue for injured victims to collect compensation for their damages by way of personal injury claims. In most cases, you'll need the assistance of an injury claim lawyer in Republic, MO to get the most value for your claim. At Halvorsen Klote, we have devoted our careers to getting clients in Missouri and Southern Illinois great compensation, and providing them with the same high standard of legal representation as large insurance companies. If you were injured because someone else was negligent, call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
Leading Causes of Personal Injury Claims | Republic, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Personal injury claims are legal claims seeking restitution for injuries caused by someone else's incautious, reckless, or willful actions. While determining who is to blame depends on the specific circumstances of your accident, most cases fall into one of a number of common categories. Some of the most common claims our injury claim lawyer team helps the injured with in Republic, MO are:
- Auto crashes, such as
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Daycare injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
Whatever how your injuries transpired, trust your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Republic, MO to know how maximize the value of your claim. To take the first step in recovering restitution for your injuries, get in touch with us as soon as possible so we can start working on your claim.
Determining If You Have an Injury Claim | Republic, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You cannot receive compensation for every injury; you must demonstrate that another party is responsible for your damages. In order for your case to be successful, your injury claim lawyer must prove the five elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: Confirming a duty of care is a precondition to winning a personal injury claim. You must demonstrate that the defendant had a responsibility to keep you safe. This is automatic in auto accident claims, as both Missouri and Illinois have stipulated that drivers owe others a duty of care. Other associations, such as between a doctor and patient or a property owner and visitor, have legally defined duties of care.
- Breach of Duty: The second step, you need to show that the person who owed you a duty of care did not act as a reasonable person would or as the law stipulated.
- Cause in Fact: The third step is showing that if the other party had acted differently, your injuries would not have occurred. Meaning, if a driver had not been following you too closely, or a doctor had diagnosed you correctly, you would not have been injured.
- Proximate Cause: This relates to liable for the cause in fact. A physician may not be held responsible if they followed standard procedures, even if they missed a diagnosis.
- Damages: The final aspect of negligence is that you sustained damages. In a personal injury suit, that means you have to provide documentation of your injuries. If a dog nips at you and you only receive a minor cut that doesn't get infected, you probably will not be able to file a valid claim because you did not sustain any actual injury.
Every Republic, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to take on, prove, and win every type of personal injury claim. If don't know whether or not another party bears responsibility for your damages, it's best to consult with an injury claim lawyer right away. Our consultation is free, so there's no reason not to call us to discuss your claim.
Frequently Asked Questions | Republic, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
When we take on a new case in Republic, MO, it's usually the first time our client has experienced an injury claim and is understandably anxious about what the whole process entails. Read on below for some FAQs from your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Republic, MO:
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That depends on the individual circumstances of your case, the seriousness of your injuries and the experience and knowledge of your Republic, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you recover compensation for:
- Property damage, such as damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Decreased earning potential if your injuries result in disability
- Medical costs, for example:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up visits
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Republic, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to fully value the full extent of your damages and get you the complete financial recovery you deserve.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
There are some notably exceptions in each state, but it is vital to contact an injury claim lawyer in Republic, MO right away after being in an accident so that you do not bring complications to your case.
What Is The Burden of Proof in Personal Injury Claims?
We've all heard the phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt." That's the burden of proof that juries and judges are held to in criminal court so that there is no chance that an innocent person is sent to prison. Personal injury claims are civil cases, and the the pertinent burden of proof is a preponderance of the evidence. That means that a jury or insurance adjuster must find only that there is a greater than 50 percent chance that the claim is true.
That means that if a drunk driver gets out of their criminal case because of mistakes in police work, you can still hold them to blame in a civil claim.
If your injury claim lawyer is helping you pursue punitive damages, you must show clear and convincing evidence, which falls between preponderance of the evidence and beyond a reasonable doubt.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
Again, that can vary based on the specifics of your claim. The Bureau of Justice Statistics found that nearly all tort suits are settled in negotiations. If the parties settle, a claim can be resolved within a few months, while a case that reaches trial in Republic, MO can take up to two years. If your injuries do not lead to permanent disability, your injury claim lawyer may recommend waiting until you've reached maximum medical improvement so you know the full extent of your medical costs.
How do Personal Injury Claims Work?
Typically, after you've been injured by somebody else's negligence in Republic, MO, the order of events is as follows:
- You receive medical attention (and continue care as long as necessary).
- You discuss your injuries with an injury claim lawyer.
- The lawyer investigates your claim and collects evidence, for example police reports and medical records.
- Your injury claim lawyer sends a formal settlement demand letter.
- If the settlement demand is not met, your injury claim lawyer will decide if the best idea is to attempt to negotiate or file a lawsuit.
- The discovery phase starts, wherein your lawyer gathers more evidence and collects expert opinions.
- Your injury claim lawyer and the insurance company negotiate in front of an impartial intermediary in mediation.
- We take your case in front of a judge and jury if we cannot secure a fair settlement offer in negotiations.
Can I Still Get Compensation if I Was Partially to Blame?
Yes. Missouri is a "pure comparative negligence" state, which means your compensation will be reduced by the percent of fault you share. Meaning, if a jury awards you $100,000 but establishes you were 30 percent responsible, you will only recover $70,000. Illinois is similar, but is a "modified comparative negligence" state, which means you can only receive a financial recovery if you are less than half liable.
How Much Do Injury Claim Lawyers Charge? | Republic, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You may be anxious about employing the services of a lawyer in Republic, MO because the medical bills and lost wages are piling up and you're not sure you can pay for an attorney. A benefit of enlisting the services of an injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is, as opposed to corporate attorneys in Republic, MO, we are paid with a contingency fee. There are three principal advantages to that:
- We do not charge anything in advance of services. Instead of getting an hourly rate, we are paid with percentage of the compensation you are awarded — only after we win or settle your claim.
- You owe us nothing if we do not win your case. A Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer only makes a profit by utilizing their skill and determination to reach a successful resolution in your case.
- We only take cases on when we genuinely believe we can significantly increase your compensation . We take on the risk of using our resources to win your case, and we'll always be direct with you and will never mislead you.
Regardless of what your current financial status may be, a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Republic, MO will be by your side and fight for you to get you the great results you are entitled to.
Take a look at the these links to see what other services we offer in Republic, MO:
Call HK Law Today
Republic, MO Injury Claim Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
You don't have to go through the complex legal process alone. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Republic, MO, we start investigating your case right away and maintain an open and consistent line of communication with you until we secure a successful resolution. We give you all the information you need to do what's best for you and your Republic, MO family. Call an injury claim lawyer in Republic, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.