Injury Claim Lawyer Chamois, MO
Chamois, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Consultation | Chamois, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Injury Claim Lawyer in Chamois, MO. Injuries can happen to anyone almost anytime, creating unforeseen and harsh economic, physical and emotional burdens. It can be maddening when your injuries are the consequence of someone else's careless behavior. Missouri and Illinois law supply an outlet for injured victims to secure a financial recovery for their injuries in the form of personal injury claims. Usually, you'll need the assistance of an injury claim lawyer in Chamois, MO to get the most value for your claim. At Halvorsen Klote, we have devoted our careers to getting clients in Missouri and Southern Illinois a full financial recovery, and providing them with the same high standard of legal representation as large insurance companies. If you were injured because someone else was negligent, call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
Top Causes of Personal Injury Claims | Chamois, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Personal injury claims refer to are the manner through which you can seek restitution for injuries caused by someone else's incautious, reckless, or purposeful behavior. While determining who is to blame depends on the specific circumstances of your injury, most cases fall into one of a number of common accident types. Some of the most frequent cases our injury claim lawyer team helps the injured with in Chamois, MO are:
- Auto crashes, such as
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Daycare injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
Regardless of how you sustained your injuries, your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Chamois, MO has seen it before. If you've been injured because of somebody else's reckless actions, contact us as soon as possible so we can start working on your claim.
Determining If You Have an Injury Claim | Chamois, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You cannot make a claim for any injury or accident; you must show that someone else is to blame for your damages. In order for your injury claim lawyer to win your case, they must prove the five elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: Demonstrating a duty of care is the first step in a personal injury claim. You must demonstrate that the defendant had a duty to your safety. If you were injured in an auto accident, the other driver automatically had a responsibility, as both Missouri and Illinois have established that drivers owe everyone else on the road a duty of care. Other associations, such as between a doctor and patient or a property owner and patron, have predetermined duties of care.
- Breach of Duty: Next, you need to show that the person who owed you a duty of care acted in a way that was unreasonable or committed an act that was against the law.
- Cause in Fact: Following that, you must demonstrate that were it not for the defendant's actions or inaction, your injuries would not have occurred. For example, if a driver had not run a red light, or if a restaurant manager had put a "wet floor" sign up, you would not have incurred the damages for which you are making a claim.
- Proximate Cause: This relates to liable for the cause in fact. A doctor may not be held responsible if they followed standard procedures, even if they missed a diagnosis.
- Damages: The last thing you need to demonstrate is that you incurred damages. In a personal injury suit, that means you were injured. If you're in a slip and fall and only sustain a minor bruise that goes away after a couple days, you likely do not have a claim because you did not incur any actual damages.
Every Chamois, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to demonstrate the five elements of negligence and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to. If don't know whether or not your injuries can be attributed to someone else's negligence, it's best to consult with an injury claim lawyer right away. We don't charge anything for evaluating your case, so there's no risk in calling us to discuss your claim.
Frequently Asked Questions | Chamois, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
When we take on a new case in Chamois, MO, it's typically somebody who has never experienced an injury claim and is naturally anxious about the process and how it works. The following are some of the most frequently asked questions our injury claim lawyer team receives in Chamois, MO:
How Much Compensation Can I Expect to Recover?
That will vary depending on the particulars of your case, the significance of your injuries and the expertise of your Chamois, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you be awarded a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, for example damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages for any time periods where your injury did not permit you to work
- Diminished earning potential if your injuries have permanent consequences on your ability to complete tasks at your place of work
- Medical expenses, like:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' appointments
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or car
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Your Chamois, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to fully value the full extent of your damages and secure you the maximum compensation you deserve.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Claims?
In Missouri, the time limit on most injury claims is five years, while it is two years in Illinois.
There are some important exceptions in each state, but it is vital to reach out to an injury claim lawyer in Chamois, MO right away after an injury so that the clock does not run out.
What Is The Burden of Proof in Personal Injury Claims?
The phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt" is ubiquitous in American culture. That's the burden of proof that juries and judges must abide by in criminal cases to protect innocent people from prison. Personal injury claims are civil cases, and the the pertinent burden of proof is a preponderance of the evidence. That means that a jury or insurance adjuster must find only that there is a greater than 50 percent chance that the claim is true.
That means that if a drunk driver evades a criminal conviction because of mistakes in police work, you can still hold them at fault in a civil claim.
If you and your injury claim lawyer choose to pursue punitive damages, you must provide clear and convincing evidence, which falls between preponderance of the evidence and beyond a reasonable doubt.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
Again, that can vary based on the specifics of your case. The Bureau of Justice Statistics found that nearly all tort claims are settled before they ever get in front of a judge and jury. If the parties settle, a claim can be resolved within a few months, while a case that goes to court in Chamois, MO can take up to two years. If your injuries do not have a permanent affect on your life, it might be a good idea to wait until you've reached maximum medical improvement so you know the full extent of your medical expenses.
What's the Process of a Personal Injury Claim?
Generally, after you've been injured by another person's reckless behavior in Chamois, MO, the order of events is as follows:
- You receive medical treatment (and keep with it until you have completely recovered).
- You discuss your claim with an injury claim lawyer.
- The attorney investigates your case and collects evidence, for instance police reports and medical records.
- Your injury claim lawyer writes a formal settlement demand letter.
- If the settlement demand is denied, your injury claim lawyer may choose to negotiate or may immediately file a lawsuit.
- Your lawyer enters the discovery phase, where they acquire futher evidence and collect expert testimony.
- Your injury claim lawyer and the the other party negotiate in front of a neutral intermediary in mediation.
- We take your case to court if the insurance company will not be fair in negotiations.
Can I Still Collect Compensation if I Was Partially at Fault?
Yes. Missouri is a "pure comparative negligence" state, which means your compensation will be reduced by the percent of responsibility you bear for the accident. Meaning, if a jury awards you $100,000 but finds you were 30 percent to blame, you will only receive $70,000. Illinois is called a "modified comparative negligence" state, which means you will not receive a financial recovery if you are more than half liable.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire an Injury Claim Lawyer? | Chamois, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You might be worried about employing the services of a lawyer in Chamois, MO because the medical bills and lost wages are piling up and you're not sure you can afford an attorney. A benefit of hiring an injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is, in contrast to criminal defense lawyers in Chamois, MO, we are paid with a contingency fee. That means three things:
- We do not charge anything in advance of services. Because we don't receive an hourly amount, we are paid with percentage of the compensation you receive — not before you get paid.
- We charge nothing if we do not secure a successful resolution for your case. A Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer only makes a profit by employing their talent and drive to achieve a successful resolution in your case.
- We only take cases on when we sincerely believe we will be able to significantly increase your final recovery . We assume the risk of using our resources to win your case, and we'll always be straightforward with you and will never mislead you.
Regardless of what your current financial status may be, a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Chamois, MO will take on your case and fight with all of our resources to see you get the great results you are owed.
Take a look at the these links to see what other services we offer in Chamois, MO:
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Call HK Law Today
Chamois, MO Injury Claim Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
You shouldn't have to pay because someone else was negligent and injured you. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Chamois, MO, we start investigating your case right away and keep you informed until we secure a successful resolution. We make sure you understand your claim and the law so you can make the best decision for you and your Chamois, MO family. Call an injury claim lawyer in Chamois, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.
Attorney at Law
Samantha Orlowski is a practicing attorney Halvorsen Klote.
Samantha joined Halvorsen Klote in 2018 as a law clerk and has since become a practicing attorney. Sam's number one priority is to provide individualized experiences for each client to achieve the best results.