Injury Claim Lawyer Hermann, MO
Hermann, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Review | Hermann, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Injury Claim Lawyer in Hermann, MO. Injuries can happen to anyone almost anytime, creating unforeseen and severe economic, physical and emotional afflictions. It's normal to be furious when your injuries are caused by someone else's negligence. Missouri and Illinois law provide an outlet for injured victims to secure a financial recovery for their injuries through personal injury claims. In most cases, you'll need the assistance of an injury claim lawyer in Hermann, MO to get the most value for your claim. At Halvorsen Klote, we have devoted our lives to offering the injured and vulnerable in Missouri and Southern Illinois the highest level of legal representation that matches and surpasses that of large insurance companies. If you were injured because someone else was negligent, call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.
Leading Causes of Personal Injury Claims | Hermann, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Personal injury claims refer to the process one goes through to seek restitution for injuries caused by someone else's inattentive, reckless, or deliberate behavior. While determining who is at fault depends on the specific circumstances of your accident, most cases fall into one of several common categories. Some of the most common cases our injury claim lawyer team helps the injured with in Hermann, MO are:
- Auto crashes, such as
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Daycare injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
Whatever how your injuries transpired, trust your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Hermann, MO to get you the best possible financial recovery. To take the first step in recovering restitution for your injuries, reach out to us as soon as possible so we can get started on your claim.
Determining If You Have an Injury Claim | Hermann, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Not all injuries and accidents are cause for an injury or accident claim; you must demonstrate that another party is liable for your damages. In order for your case to be successful, your injury claim lawyer must how the other party's action or inaction amounts to the five elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: Demonstrating a duty of care is predominant your claim. You must demonstrate that the defendant had an obligation to keep you safe. This is automatic in auto accident claims, as both Missouri and Illinois have put into law that motorists owe other drivers, passengers, bicyclists and pedestrians a duty of care. Other associations, a doctor-patient relationship or that between a property manager and customer, have legally defined duties of care.
- Breach of Duty: The second step, you need to demonstrate that the person who had an obligation to your safety did not act as a reasonable person would or as the law demands.
- Cause in Fact: Following that, you must demonstrate that were it not for the defendant's actions or inaction, you would not have been injured. For example, if a driver had not been drunk, or a doctor had diagnosed you on time, you would not have been injured.
- Proximate Cause: This refers to whether the cause in fact was really the the other party's fault. If a property owner had no way of knowing of a hazardous condition they may not be liable.
- Damages: The last thing you need to prove is that you suffered damages. In a personal injury claim, that means you have to provide documentation of your injuries. If a dog nips at you and you only receive a minor cut that doesn't get infected, you probably will not be able to file a valid claim because you did not sustain any real injury.
Every Hermann, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to demonstrate negligence and get you the great results you are owed. If don't know whether or not another party bears responsibility for your damages, you need to consult with an injury claim lawyer right away. Our consultation is free, so there's no reason not to call us to discuss your claim.
Frequently Asked Questions | Hermann, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
When we get a new case in Hermann, MO, it's typically the first time our client has gone through an injury claim and is understandably uncertain about the process and how it works. The following are some of the most frequently asked questions our injury claim lawyer team receives in Hermann, MO:
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That will vary depending on the individual circumstances of your injury, the significance of your injuries and the talent and drive of your Hermann, MO injury claim lawyer. With our assistance you can collect a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, for instance damage to your car
- Lost wages if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Diminished earning capacity if your injuries result in disability
- Medical costs, such as:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up visits
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
Your Hermann, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and secure you the great compensation you are owed.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
There are some important exceptions in each state, but it is paramount to call an injury claim lawyer in Hermann, MO right away after an injury to avoid bringing difficulties to your claim.
What Is The Burden of Proof in Personal Injury Claims?
We've all heard the phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt." That's the burden of proof that juries and judges must observe in criminal court to protect innocent people from jail. Personal injury claims are civil cases, and the burden of proof is called a preponderance of the evidence. That means that a jury or insurance adjuster must find only that there is a more than than 50 percent chance that the claim is true.
That means that if a drunk driver gets out of their criminal case because of mistakes in police work, you can still seek compensation from them in a civil claim.
If you and your injury claim lawyer choose to seek punitive damages, you must show clear and convincing evidence, which is a higher standard than preponderance of the evidence but lower than beyond a reasonable doubt.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
Again, that depends on the specifics of your case. The Bureau of Justice Statistics found that almost all tort lawsuits are settled before they go to trial. A settlement may only take a few months, while you might have to wait for up to two years if a case in Hermann, MO goes to court. If your injuries do not cause permanent disability, it might be best to wait until you've reached maximum medical improvement so you know the full value of all of your medical bills.
What's the Timeline for a Personal Injury Claim?
Generally, following an injury caused by another person's negligent actions in Hermann, MO, you can expect the process to unfold as follows:
- You get medical care (and keep with it until you have completely recovered).
- You speak to an injury claim lawyer.
- The attorney investigates your claim and obtains evidence, for instance police reports and medical records.
- Your injury claim lawyer makes a formal settlement demand letter.
- If the settlement demand is denied, your injury claim lawyer will decide if the best idea is to try to negotiate or file a lawsuit.
- The discovery phase starts, wherein your lawyer obtains further evidence and acquires expert testimony.
- Your injury claim lawyer and the insurance company negotiate before a neutral party in mediation.
- We take your case to trial if we do not secure a fair settlement offer in negotiations.
Can I Still Collect Compensation if I Was Partially Liable?
Yes. Missouri is what is referred to a "pure comparative negligence" state, which means your financial recovery will be deducted by the portion of responsibility you share. Meaning, if a jury decides your damages add up to $100,000 but finds you were 30 percent at fault, you will only receive $70,000. Illinois is called a "modified comparative negligence" state, which means you will not receive a financial recovery if you are over half responsible.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire an Injury Claim Lawyer? | Hermann, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
It's possible you are anxious about whether or not you can afford legal representation in Hermann, MO because the medical bills and lost wages are piling up and you're not sure you can pay for an attorney. A benefit of hiring an injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is, in contrast to other lawyers in Hermann, MO, we are paid with a contingency fee. That means three things:
- We charge no upfront fees. Instead of getting an hourly rate, we take a portion of the compensation you are awarded — only after we win or settle your case.
- You owe us nothing if we do not win your claim. A Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer only gets paid by using their talent and drive to reach a successful resolution in your case.
- We won't take on your case unless we truly believe we can substantially increase your final recovery . We take on the risk of employing our resources on your behalf, and we'll always be honest with you and will never mislead you.
No matter what your current financial situation may be, a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Hermann, MO will take on your case and fight with all of our resources to see you get the great results you are owed.
Take a look at the these links to find out what other services we offer in Hermann, MO:
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Call HK Law Today
Hermann, MO Injury Claim Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
You shouldn't have to pay because someone else was negligent and injured you. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Hermann, MO, we start working on your case immediately and maintain an open and consistent line of communication with you until we secure a successful resolution. We give you all the information you need to do what's best for you and your Hermann, MO family. Call an injury claim lawyer in Hermann, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.