Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Hermann, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Consultation | Hermann, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Hermann, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause unimaginable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team helps the the injured and vulnerable throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by giving them the exceptional legal support that large insurance companies use to avoid paying people the compensation they're entitled to. We are here to defend your rights, hold the person or corporation that injured you responsible and win you the maximum financial recovery you need to truly recover. Reach out to a Hermann, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Hermann, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that, across the whole country in 2019, 6,205 non-passengers were killed in car accidents and 76,000 were injured.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in wrecks and 1,314 pedestrians sustained injuries.
According to data from the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers were killed in crashes and 3,138 sustained injuries.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Hermann, MO?
While drivers owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When traffic signals are not present, cars, trucks and motorcycles are required to stop when a pedestrian is halfway across the road.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly run into traffic in a way that a driver will not be able to account for them before hitting them.
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a highway where a overhead pedestrian crossing has been provided.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot cross at adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
who knows how to apply Missouri or Illinois law to your injury claim. Reach out to a pedestrian accident lawyer in Hermann, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Is Liable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Hermann, MO?
That can be any one or a variety of parties. Some of the parties your attorney at Halvorsen Klote can hold liable are:
- The driver, for instance if they were driving drunk, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a negligent manner.
- A car manufacturer in a product liability lawsuit, for example if a car's tires are prone to blowing out.
- The government agency responsible for keeping a certain area safe, for example if there is poor lighting at night.
In some cases, we can hold various parties accountable. For example, if a drowsy driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, we may be able to help you seek compensation from the driver and the municipal body who were supposed to keep the area secure for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will conduct a full investigation into your accident in order to win you full compensation you are owed. This is vitally important if one party cannot pay all of your damages, and the rest exceeds your underinsured motorist coverage.
What if I Am Partially to Blame for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Hermann, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's known as a "comparative negligence" rule. That means that you may still be awarded compensation for your compensation, but it will be lowered based on the percentage of fault you share for the accident. For example, if all of your damages come to $100,000, but the fact finder determines you are bear 20% of the responsibility for your injuries, you would collect $80,000.
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, under 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would would not be able to collect anything if the majority of the accident was your fault.
Attempting to move blame onto you is a common tactic insurance companies use to devalue claims. Your Hermann, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will deal directly with the insurance adjuster and make sure you are not taken advantage of by a powerful insurance company.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Hermann, MO Do for Me?
Your Hermann, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will utilize our legal experience to get justice for you and your family. When you hire us, we get started on your case right away. We work to keep you informed throughout your claim. On top of that, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Gather all evidence to help with your claim, including eyewitness testimony, surveillance video, police records and more.
- Work in concert with our network of Hermann, MO wreck experts to help determine liability in your claim.
- Work in concert with our network of Hermann, MO medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Handle all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can spend your energy on recovering.
- Fight back against insurance companies who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case to trial when the insurance adjuster will not be fair in negotiations.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That will vary depending on the individual circumstances of your case, the severity of your injuries and the experience and knowledge of your Hermann, MO injury claim lawyer. With our help you can secure compensation for:
- Property damage, like damage to your car
- Wage loss if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Decreased earning capacity if your injuries have permanent effects on your ability to complete tasks at your place of work
- Medical costs, such as:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' appointments
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Your Hermann, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Hermann, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Take a look at the links below to see what other services we offer in Hermann, MO:
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
Hermann, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a family member was injured in an accident that was not their fault, trust in your Hermann, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. You should not have to suffer because of someone else's mistakes. Our Hermann, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side until you get justice for your injuries. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Hermann, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.