Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Winfield, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Winfield, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Winfield, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause unimaginable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team serves the the injured and vulnerable throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by providing them with the expert legal counsel that large insurance companies have access to. We are here to defend your rights, hold the person or organization that hurt you accountable and get you the full financial recovery you need to truly recover. Get in touch with a Winfield, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Winfield, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that, nationwide in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian deaths and over 76,000 injuries.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 pedestrians were killed were killed in wrecks and 1,314 pedestrians sustained injuries.
According to data from the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians were killed in crashes and 3,138 were harmed.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Winfield, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe everyone else on the Winfield, MO roads a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must adhere to according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When there are no traffic signals, cars, trucks and motorcycles should yield to a pedestrian that is halfway across the road.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly enter traffic in a way that a driver will not be able to account for them before hitting them.
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a overhead pedestrian crossing has been placed.
- In both states, you cannot cut across adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
If you were injured as a pedestrian, it's essential to have a pedestrian accident lawyer in Winfield, MO in your corner who understands and can help guide you through the complexities of Illinois and Missouri Law. Reach out to a pedestrian accident lawyer in Winfield, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Winfield, MO?
That can be any one or a variety of parties. Some of the parties commonly found to blame are:
- The driver, for instance if they were running a red light, or otherwise driving recklessly.
- A car manufacturer, vendor or mechanic in a product liability case, for example if an SUV is prone to rolling over.
- The municipal body who are charged with overseeing the security of an intersection or road, for example if there are malfunctioning traffic lights.
In some claims, we can hold various entities to blame. For example, if a drunk driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, we may be able to help you make a claim against the driver and the municipal entity who were supposed to keep the area safe for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will look into every possible at-fault party in your accident in order to secure you the best possible compensation you deserve. This is vitally important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
What if I Am Partially to Blame for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Winfield, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. In a comparative fault state, you will recover compensation for the percentage of the accident you are not responsible for. For example, if your damages total $100,000, but the fact finder determines you are bear 20% of the responsibility for your injuries, you would collect $80,000.
Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get 1% of your damages. However, in Illinois, under 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would excluded from any compensation if you bear over half of the liability for the accident.
Attempting to shift fault onto you is a common trick insurance companies use to avoid paying out claims. Your Winfield, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will push back against the insurance adjuster and make sure you are not mistreated by an uncaring insurance company.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Winfield, MO Do for Me?
Your Winfield, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will employ our legal expertise to get justice for you and your family. When you hire us, we will immediately work to identify who is liable for your injuries. We also give you all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your family. In addition, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all evidence to help with your claim, including eyewitness dispositions, surveillance video, police records and more.
- Work with our network of Winfield, MO crash experts to help determine fault for your injuries.
- Work in tandem with our network of Winfield, MO medical experts to exactly value your damages.
- Manage all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can focus on recovering.
- Stand up to insurance adjusters who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury when we cannot get the compensation you are owed in mediation.
How Much Compensation Can I Expect to Receive?
That depends on the particulars of your accident, the gravity of your injuries and the skill of your Winfield, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you recover a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, such as damage to your car
- Wage loss if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Lowered earning potential if your injuries result in disability
- Medical expenses, for example:
- Urgent care visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
Your Winfield, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Winfield, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Check out the following links to see what other services we offer in Winfield, MO:
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
Winfield, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you love was injured in an accident that was not their fault, trust in your Winfield, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. You do not have to go it alone when someone else turns your life upside down. We take all of our client's cases in Winfield, MO personally and will stand by your side throughout your claim. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Winfield, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.