Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Fenton, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Consultation | Fenton, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Fenton, MO. Pedestrians are at increased risk when drivers act carelessly, and pedestrian accidents can cause devastating injuries that result in unexpected economic, emotional and physical difficulties for the injured party. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has committed their careers to battling against large insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to fight for justice on your behalf, hold the people that harmed you responsible and win you the complete financial recovery you need to be made whole again. Call a Fenton, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Fenton, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that, nationwide in 2019, 6,205 non-passengers were killed in car accidents and 76,000 were injured.
According to reporting from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in crashes and 1,314 pedestrians suffered injuries.
According to data from the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers were killed in wrecks and 3,138 suffered injuries.
Do Pedestrians Always Have the Right of Way in Fenton, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe everyone else on the Fenton, MO roads a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When there are no traffic signals, cars, trucks and motorcycles are required to yield to a pedestrian that is approaching halfway over the road.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden run in front of a car in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a highway where a pedestrian bridge has been placed.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot cross between adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
As pedestrian laws in Missouri and Illinois are relatively complex, it's key to hire a pedestrian accident lawyer in Fenton, MO right away if you were hurt by a vehicle. Reach out to a pedestrian accident lawyer in Fenton, MO today at 866-382-4167.
Who Is Responsible for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Fenton, MO?
That changes between cases. Some of the parties we can seek compensation from are:
- The driver, for example if they were driving drowsy, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a careless manner.
- A car manufacturer in a product liability case, for instance if an SUV is prone to rolling over.
- The public agency responsible for overseeing the security of an intersection or street, for example if there are malfunctioning traffic lights.
In some cases, multiple entities may share liability. For example, if a drunk driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, it may be possible to make a claim against the driver and the municipal entity who were supposed to keep the area safe for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will explore every possible cause of your accident your accident in order to win you the maximum financial recovery you are entitled to. This is extremely important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
What if I Am Partially At Fault for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Fenton, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. That means that you will recover compensation for the percentage of the accident you are not responsible for. For example, if all of your damages come to $100,000, but the fact finder determines you are bear 20% of the responsibility for your injuries, you would collect $80,000.
Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get 1% of your damages. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would be prohibited from recovering anything if you were more than 50% responsible.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative negligence to lessen your payout, or avoid compensating you altogether. Your Fenton, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to counter those tricks and get you the financial recovery you are owed.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Fenton, MO Help With My Case?
Your Fenton, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will utilize our legal expertise to let an insurance adjuster know that they are going to have to pay you for all of your damages. When you hire us, we will immediately work to determine who is liable for your injuries. We also keep you informed throughout your claim. In addition, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Gather all relevant evidence, such as eyewitness dispositions, security footage, police reports and more.
- Work in concert with our network of Fenton, MO collision experts to help ascertain fault in your claim.
- Work in tandem with our network of Fenton, MO medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Manage all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can focus on recovering.
- Make sure the insurance company know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case in front of a judge and jury when the insurance company will not be fair in negotiations.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That depends on the particulars of your accident, the severity of your injuries and the talent and dedication of your Fenton, MO injury claim lawyer. With our assistance you can be awarded a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, for instance damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages for any time periods where your injury did not allow you to work
- Decreased earning potential if your injuries have permanent consequences on your ability to complete tasks at your job
- Medical expenses, like:
- Urgent care visits
- Follow up visits
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Your Fenton, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Fenton, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Check out the links below to see what other services we offer in Fenton, MO:
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
Fenton, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you care about was harmed in an accident because of someone else's recklessness, trust in your Fenton, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. Our Fenton, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side throughout your claim. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Fenton, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.