Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Fairview Heights, IL Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Review | Fairview Heights, IL Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Fairview Heights, IL. Pedestrian accidents can cause unthinkable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has dedicated their careers to battling against large insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to defend your rights, hold the person or organization that injured you accountable and get you the full financial recovery you need to truly heal. Get in touch with a Fairview Heights, IL pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Fairview Heights, IL Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that, nationwide in 2019, 6,205 pedestrians were killed and 76,000 were injured.
According to reporting from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in wrecks and 1,314 non-passengers sustained injuries.
According to the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers died in wrecks and 3,138 suffered injuries.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Fairview Heights, IL?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must abide by according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When there are no traffic signals, vehicles are required to yield to a pedestrian that is halfway across the crosswalk.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly run into traffic in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a street where a overhead pedestrian crossing has been implemented.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot cross at adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
If you were injured as a pedestrian, it's crucial to have a pedestrian accident lawyer in Fairview Heights, IL by your side who understands and can help guide you through the complexities of Illinois and Missouri Law. Get in touch with a pedestrian accident lawyer in Fairview Heights, IL today at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Fairview Heights, IL?
That will vary based on the exact causes of your injuries. Some of the entities we can seek compensation from are:
- The driver, for example if they were driving drunk, or otherwise driving carelessly.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer in a product liability lawsuit, for example if an SUV is prone to rolling over.
- The municipal entity who are charged with keeping a certain area safe, for example if there are malfunctioning traffic lights.
In some claims, multiple parties may share accountability. For example, if a drunk driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, we may be able to help you seek compensation from the driver and the public body responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will look into every possible accountable party in your accident in order to get you maximum compensation you are entitled to. This is especially important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Fairview Heights, IL if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's referred to as a "comparative negligence" rule. That means that you may still receive compensation for your injuries, but it will be lowered based on the percentage of fault you share for the accident. For example, if all of your damages come to $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you are bear 20% of the responsibility for your injuries, you would collect $80,000.
Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, under 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would excluded from anything if you bear over half of the liability for the accident.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative fault to lessen your payout, or avoid compensating you entirely. Your Fairview Heights, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will deal directly with the insurance adjuster and make sure you are not taken advantage of by a powerful insurance company.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Fairview Heights, IL Help With My Case?
Your Fairview Heights, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will employ our legal knowledge to level the playing field. When you hire us, we get started on your case right away. We also give you all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your family. Additionally, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Gather all relevant evidence, such as eyewitness dispositions, photographs, police reports and more.
- Work in tandem with our network of Fairview Heights, IL crash experts to help ascertain fault for your injuries.
- Work in concert with our network of Fairview Heights, IL medical experts to precisely value your damages.
- Oversee all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can spend your energy on healing.
- Stand up to insurance companies who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight to trial when we cannot get the settlement offer you deserve in mediation.
How Much Compensation Can I Expect to Collect?
That depends on the particulars of your injury, the severity of your injuries and the talent and drive of your Fairview Heights, IL injury claim lawyer. With our assistance you can recover a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, for example damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Reduced earning capacity if your injuries have permanent effects on your ability to complete tasks at your job
- Medical expenses, for instance:
- Urgent care visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Fairview Heights, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Fairview Heights, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Click on the these links to find out what other services we offer in Fairview Heights, IL:
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
Fairview Heights, IL Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a family member was injured in an accident that was not their fault, your Fairview Heights, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight on your behalf to get you the compensation you are entitled to. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. We take all of our client's cases in Fairview Heights, IL personally and will stand by your side until you get justice for your injuries. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Fairview Heights, IL today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.