Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Linn, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Review | Linn, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Linn, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause inconceivable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has pledged their careers to battling against large insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to defend your rights, hold the person or organization that injured you accountable and secure you the complete compensation you need to truly recover. Reach out to a Linn, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Linn, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that, nationwide in 2019, 6,205 pedestrians were killed and 76,000 were injured.
According to reporting from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in accidents and 1,314 pedestrians sustained injuries.
According to data from the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians died in collisions and 3,138 were harmed.
What Are the Pedestrian Laws in Linn, MO?
While drivers of cars, trucks and motorcycles owe everyone else on the Linn, MO roads a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must adhere to according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When there are no traffic signals, cars, trucks and motorcycles should yield to a pedestrian that is halfway across the crosswalk.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden enter traffic in a way that a driver will not be able to see them in time.
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a highway where a pedestrian tunnel has been provided.
- In both states, you cannot cross between adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
who knows how to apply Missouri or Illinois law to your case. Get in touch with a pedestrian accident lawyer in Linn, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Linn, MO?
That changes between cases. Some of the entities your attorney at Halvorsen Klote can hold at-fault include:
- The driver, for example if they were driving drowsy, or otherwise driving negligently.
- A car manufacturer in a product liability case, for example if an SUV is prone to rolling over.
- The public body who are charged with overseeing the security of an intersection or road, for example if there is lack of signage.
In some claims, we can hold various people, companies and organizations liable. For example, if a drowsy driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, we may be able to help you seek compensation from the driver and the public body who were supposed to keep the area secure for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will look into every possible liable party in your accident in order to win you the best possible financial recovery you deserve. This is vitally important if one party cannot pay all of your damages, and the rest exceeds your underinsured motorist coverage.
What if I Am Partially At Fault for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Linn, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's known as a "comparative negligence" rule. That means that you might still get compensation for your damages, but it will be decreased based on the your portion of the blame for the accident. For example, if your damages total $100,000, but the fact finder determines you were 40% at fault, you would only receive $60,000.
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would would not be able to collect anything for your damages if most of the accident was your fault.
Trying to shift fault onto you is a common trick insurance companies use to devalue claims. Your Linn, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will handle the insurance adjuster and make sure you are not taken advantage of by an uncaring insurance company.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Linn, MO Help With My Case?
Your Linn, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will employ our legal experience to level the playing field. When you hire us, we will immediately work to determine who is liable for your injuries. We also give you a personalized, client-based experience where you know exactly where your case is at. Furthermore, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Acquire all evidence to help with your claim, such as eyewitness testimony, pictures, police reports and more.
- Work with our network of Linn, MO crash experts to help ascertain fault for your injuries.
- Work with our network of Linn, MO medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Manage all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can focus on healing.
- Fight back against insurance companies who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury when the insurance company will not be fair in negotiations.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That depends on the specifics of your case, the scope of your damages and the talent and drive of your Linn, MO injury claim lawyer. With our help you can receive compensation for:
- Property damage, for example damage to your car
- Wage loss if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Decreased earning capacity if your injuries have permanent effects on your ability to complete tasks at your job
- Medical costs, such as:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' visits
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or car
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Linn, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Linn, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Take a look at the following links to see what other services we offer in Linn, MO:
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
Linn, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a family member was injured in an accident because of someone else's recklessness, your Linn, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight for you to get you the compensation you are entitled to. You should not have to suffer because of someone else's mistakes. We take all of our client's cases in Linn, MO personally and will stand by your side throughout your claim. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Linn, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.