Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Ballwin, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Review | Ballwin, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Ballwin, MO. Pedestrians are at increased risk when drivers act thoughtless, and pedestrian accidents can cause terrible injuries that result in instant financial, emotional and physical burdens for the victims. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team serves the injured throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by giving them the skillful legal counsel that large insurance companies use to avoid paying people the compensation they're entitled to. We are here to fight for justice on your behalf, hold the person or organization that harmed you accountable and get you the maximum financial recovery you need to truly heal. Get in touch with a Ballwin, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Ballwin, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that, across the whole country in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian fatalities and over 76,000 injuries.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in crashes and 1,314 non-passengers were hurt.
According to the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians were killed in collisions and 3,138 were harmed.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Ballwin, MO?
While drivers of cars, trucks and motorcycles owe everyone else on the Ballwin, MO roads a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must follow according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When there are no traffic signals, cars, trucks and motorcycles must stop when a pedestrian is halfway across the road.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden run into traffic in a way that a driver will not be able to account for them before hitting them.
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a road where a overhead pedestrian crossing has been placed.
- In both states, you cannot go between adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
If you were injured as a pedestrian, it's important to have a pedestrian accident lawyer in Ballwin, MO by your side who understands and can help guide you through the complexities of Illinois and Missouri Law. Contact a pedestrian accident lawyer in Ballwin, MO today at 866-382-4167.
Who Is Liable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Ballwin, MO?
That can be any one or a variety of parties. Some of the entities your attorney at Halvorsen Klote can hold accountable are:
- The driver, for example if they were driving drowsy, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a careless manner.
- A car manufacturer in a product liability case, for example if a car's brakes do not function correctly.
- The public entity who are charged with keeping a particular area safe, for example if there a sign that makes someone crossing the street or on the side of the road difficult to see from a car.
In some claims, we can hold various entities at-fault. For example, if a drunk driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, you may be able to seek compensation from the driver and the municipal agency who were supposed to keep the area secure for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will conduct a full investigation into your accident in order to secure you maximum compensation you are entitled to. This is particularly important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
What if I Am Partially to Blame for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Ballwin, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. In either state, you may still receive compensation for your compensation, but it will be reduced depending on the your portion of the blame for the accident. For example, if all of your damages come to $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you are bear 20% of the responsibility for your injuries, you would collect $80,000.
Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get 1% of your damages. However, in Illinois, under 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would would not be able to collect anything for your damages if you bear over half of the liability for the accident.
Attempting to shift blame onto you is a common deception insurance companies use to devalue claims. Your Ballwin, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to combat those tricks and get you the financial recovery you are entitled to.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Ballwin, MO Help With My Case?
Your Ballwin, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will use our legal experience to level the playing field. When you hire us, we start investigating immediately. We work to constantly let you know the current status of claim so you are not left in doubt. Additionally, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all evidence to help with your claim, including eyewitness dispositions, security footage, police records and more.
- Work with our network of Ballwin, MO accident experts to help determine accountability for your injuries.
- Work in concert with our network of Ballwin, MO medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Oversee all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can spend your energy on recovering.
- Stand up to insurance companies who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight to trial when the insurance adjuster will not be fair in negotiations.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That depends on the individual circumstances of your injury, the extent of your damages and the experience and knowledge of your Ballwin, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you recover a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, such as damage to your car
- Wage loss for any time periods where your injury did not permit you to work
- Lowered earning potential if your injuries have permanent consequences on your ability to complete tasks at your place of work
- Medical expenses, for example:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up visits
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
Your Ballwin, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Ballwin, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Take a look at the links below to see what other services we offer in Ballwin, MO:
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
Ballwin, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you love was hurt in an accident that was not their fault, trust in your Ballwin, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. You should not have to suffer because of someone else's mistakes. We take all of our client's cases in Ballwin, MO personally and will stand by your side until the responsible parties are held accountable. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Ballwin, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.