Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Collinsville, IL Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Consultation | Collinsville, IL Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Collinsville, IL. Pedestrian accidents can cause unthinkable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team helps the injured throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by providing them with the skillful legal representation that large insurance companies have access to. We are here to fight for your your rights on your behalf, hold the person or organization that harmed you accountable and win you the fair financial recovery you need to be made whole again. Get in touch with a Collinsville, IL pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Collinsville, IL Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that, across the entire country in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian deaths and over 76,000 injuries.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 pedestrians were killed were killed in crashes and 1,314 pedestrians were hurt.
According to data from the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians died in collisions and 3,138 sustained injuries.
What Are the Pedestrian Laws in Collinsville, IL?
While drivers of cars, trucks and motorcycles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must follow according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When traffic signals are not present, cars, trucks and motorcycles must yield to a pedestrian that is approaching halfway over the road.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden run into traffic in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- If there is no crosswalk, and a pedestrian is not at an intersection, they must wait for vehicles to pass before stopping.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a road where a pedestrian tunnel has been implemented.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot go between adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
who knows how to apply Missouri or Illinois law to your case. Reach out to a pedestrian accident lawyer in Collinsville, IL straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Collinsville, IL?
That can be any one or a variety of parties. Some of the parties we can seek compensation from are:
- The driver, for instance if they were not paying attention, or otherwise driving carelessly.
- A car manufacturer, vendor or mechanic in a product liability lawsuit, for instance if a car's brakes do not function correctly.
- The municipal entity who are charged with keeping a certain area safe, for example if there a sign that makes someone crossing the street or on the side of the road difficult to see from a car.
In some claims, multiple parties may share accountability. For example, if a drowsy driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, you may be able to seek compensation from the driver and the government body responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will look into every possible responsible party in your accident in order to get you full compensation you deserve. This is vitally important if one party cannot pay all of your damages, and the rest surpasses your underinsured motorist coverage.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in Collinsville, IL if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. In either state, you might still get compensation for your damages, but it will be decreased depending on the percentage of fault you share for the accident. For example, if the sum of your damages is $100,000, but the fact finder determines you are bear 20% of the responsibility for your injuries, you would collect $80,000.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, even if it's found that the accident was 99% your fault, you would still get you could still receive $1,000 for that injury. However, in Illinois, pursuant to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would would not be able to collect anything if the majority of the accident was your fault.
Insurance adjusters often try to use comparative fault to lessen your payout, or avoid compensating you altogether. Your Collinsville, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to fight back against those stunts and get you the financial recovery you deserve.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Collinsville, IL Help With My Case?
Your Collinsville, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will implement our legal expertise to get justice for you and your family. When you hire us, we get started on your case right away. We also give you a personalized, client-based experience where you know exactly where your case is at. Furthermore, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Gather all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, such as eyewitness testimony, pictures, police reports and more.
- Work alongside our network of Collinsville, IL wreck experts to help determine liability in your claim.
- Work in concert with our network of Collinsville, IL medical experts to precisely value your damages.
- Manage all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can focus on healing.
- Make sure the insurance company know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury when we cannot get the settlement offer you deserve in mediation.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That depends on the specifics of your injury, the extent of your damages and the talent and dedication of your Collinsville, IL injury claim lawyer. With our help you can be awarded a financial restitution for:
- Property damage, for example damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages for any time periods where your injury did not allow you to work
- Reduced earning capacity if your injuries have permanent consequences on your ability to complete tasks at your job
- Medical bills, for example:
- Urgent care visits
- Follow up visits
- Assistive devices such as crutches
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Collinsville, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Collinsville, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Click on the these links to discover what other services we offer in Collinsville, IL:
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
Collinsville, IL Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident that was not their fault, trust in your Collinsville, IL pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. Our Collinsville, IL clients matter to us and we will stand by your side until you get justice for your injuries. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Collinsville, IL today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.