Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Kingdom City, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Review | Kingdom City, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Kingdom City, MO. Pedestrians are at increased risk when drivers act carelessly, and pedestrian accidents can cause devastating injuries that create unexpected economic, emotional and physical burdens for the victims. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has committed their careers to battling against powerful insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to defend your rights, hold the people that harmed you accountable and get you the full financial recovery you need to truly heal. Reach out to a Kingdom City, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | Kingdom City, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that, in the United States in 2019, 6,205 non-passengers were killed in car accidents and 76,000 were injured.
According to reporting from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 pedestrians were killed were killed in accidents and 1,314 pedestrians sustained injuries.
According to reporting from the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers were killed in crashes and 3,138 suffered injuries.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Kingdom City, MO?
While drivers of cars, trucks and motorcycles owe everyone else on the Kingdom City, MO roads a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When there are no traffic signals, cars, trucks and motorcycles must yield to a pedestrian that is approaching halfway over the road.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly enter traffic in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must wait for vehicles to pass if they are crossing on a street where a pedestrian bridge has been implemented.
- In both states, you cannot cross between adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
Because pedestrian laws in Missouri and Illinois are relatively convoluted, it's vital to hire a pedestrian accident lawyer in Kingdom City, MO as soon as possible if you were harmed by a vehicle. Get in touch with a pedestrian accident lawyer in Kingdom City, MO today at 866-382-4167.
Who Can I Hold Accountable for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Kingdom City, MO?
That can be any one or a variety of parties. Some of the people, companies and organizations we can seek compensation from include:
- The driver, for instance if they were not paying attention, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a careless manner.
- A car manufacturer in a product liability case, for example if a car's tires are prone to blowing out.
- The municipal agency responsible for keeping a particular area safe, for example if there are malfunctioning traffic lights.
In some claims, multiple entities may share responsibility. For example, if a drowsy driver hits when they could not see you coming because of a sign, we may be able to help you make a claim against the driver and the public entity responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will conduct a full investigation into your accident in order to get you the best possible financial recovery you are owed. This is particularly important if one party cannot pay all of your damages, and the rest surpasses your underinsured motorist coverage.
What if I Am Partially to Blame for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Kingdom City, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. In a comparative fault state, you may still receive compensation for your damages, but it will be reduced depending on the percentage of fault you share for the accident. For example, if all of your damages come to $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you share 30% of the blame, your final award will be $70,000.
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would be barred from recovering any compensation if you bear over half of the liability for the accident.
Trying to shift blame onto you is a common trick insurance companies use to devalue claims. Your Kingdom City, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to fight back against those tricks and get you the financial recovery you deserve.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Kingdom City, MO Do for Me?
Your Kingdom City, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will employ our legal skill to get justice for you and your loved ones. When you hire us, we get started on your case right away. We also constantly let you know the current status of claim so you are not left in the dark. On top of that, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Gather all evidence to help with your claim, including eyewitness dispositions, photographs, police records and more.
- Work in tandem with our network of Kingdom City, MO wreck experts to help ascertain liability for your injuries.
- Work alongside our network of Kingdom City, MO medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Manage all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can spend your energy on recovering.
- Make sure the insurance adjuster know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight to trial when we cannot get the compensation you are owed in mediation.
How Much Compensation Can I Expect to Receive?
That will vary depending on the specifics of your accident, the extent of your damages and the experience and knowledge of your Kingdom City, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you collect compensation for:
- Property damage, for instance damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Diminished earning potential if your injuries result in disability
- Medical costs, for instance:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up appointments
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
Your Kingdom City, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your Kingdom City, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Click on the following links to find out what other services we offer in Kingdom City, MO:
Kingdom City, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a family member was injured in an accident that was not their fault, your Kingdom City, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight for you to get you the compensation you deserve. You should not have to suffer because of someone else's mistakes. Our Kingdom City, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side throughout your claim. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Kingdom City, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.