Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Owensville, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Owensville, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Owensville, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause inconceivable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team helps the injured throughout Missouri and Southern Illinois by providing them with the expert legal advocacy that large insurance companies have access to. We are here to fight for your your rights on your behalf, hold the person or corporation that hurt you accountable and get you the maximum compensation you need to truly recover. Call a Owensville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Owensville, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that, across the whole country in 2019, 6,205 pedestrians were killed and 76,000 were injured.
According to data from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 pedestrians were killed were killed in crashes and 1,314 pedestrians suffered injuries.
According to reporting from the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois non-passengers were killed in crashes and 3,138 suffered injuries.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Owensville, MO?
While drivers of motor vehicles owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must obey traffic signals.
- When there are no traffic signals, vehicles must yield to a pedestrian that is halfway across the crosswalk.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden enter traffic in a way that a driver will not be able to see them in time.
- According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a overhead pedestrian crossing has been implemented.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot travel between adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
If you were injured as a pedestrian, it's crucial to have a pedestrian accident lawyer in Owensville, MO in your corner who understands and can help guide you through the complexities of Illinois and Missouri Law. Contact a pedestrian accident lawyer in Owensville, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Is Responsible for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Owensville, MO?
That can be any one or a variety of parties. Some of the parties your attorney at Halvorsen Klote can hold liable include:
- The driver, for instance if they were running a red light, or otherwise driving carelessly.
- A car manufacturer, dealer or mechanic in a product liability lawsuit, for example if an SUV is prone to rolling over.
- The public entity who are charged with keeping a particular area safe, for example if there is poor lighting at night.
In some claims, we can hold various parties accountable. For example, if a drunk driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, you may be able to seek compensation from the driver and the government entity who were supposed to keep the area safe for pedestrians. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will look into every possible at-fault party in your accident in order to win you the full financial recovery you are owed. This is extremely important if your damages exceed a driver's policy limit and your own underinsured motorist coverage.
What if I Am Partially At Fault for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Owensville, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. In a comparative fault state, you might still get compensation for your injuries, but it will be reduced depending on the your portion of the blame for the accident. For example, if the sum of your damages is $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you share 30% of the blame, your final award will be $70,000.
Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would excluded from anything if you bear over half of the liability for the accident.
Attempting to shift responsibility onto you is a common tactic insurance companies use to devalue claims. Your Owensville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will deal directly with the insurance adjuster and ensure you are not mistreated by a callous insurance company.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Owensville, MO Help With My Case?
Your Owensville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will employ our legal knowledge to let an insurance adjuster know that they are going to have to pay you for all of your damages. When you hire us, we start investigating immediately. We also give you a personalized, client-based experience where you know exactly where your case is at. In addition, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Gather all evidence to help with your claim, such as eyewitness testimony, security footage, police reports and more.
- Work with our network of Owensville, MO accident experts to help determine accountability for your injuries.
- Work in concert with our network of Owensville, MO medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Oversee all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can focus on recovering.
- Fight back against insurance companies who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight to trial when we cannot get a fair financial recovery in negotiations.
How Much Compensation Should I Expect to Receive?
That depends on the specifics of your case, the severity of your injuries and the talent and dedication of your Owensville, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you be awarded compensation for:
- Property damage, for example damage to your car
- Lost wages from time spent recovering
- Diminished earning capacity if your injuries have permanent consequences on your ability to complete tasks at your job
- Medical expenses, like:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up visits
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Owensville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Owensville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Check out the following links to discover what other services we offer in Owensville, MO:
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Owensville, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a family member was harmed in an accident that was not their fault, your Owensville, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will fight on your behalf to get you the compensation you are owed. You should not have to suffer because of someone else's mistakes. We take all of our client's cases in Owensville, MO personally and will stand by your side until the responsible parties are held accountable. You do not pay unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Owensville, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary consultation.
Attorney at Law
Joel Halvorsen and his partner Greg Klote founded the Halvorsen Klote law firm on the principle that injured people and their families should have access to the same quality legal representation as large insurance companies.
Attorney at Law
Greg Klote is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Greg has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.