Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
Valley Park, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Evaluation | Valley Park, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Valley Park, MO. Pedestrian accidents can cause unimaginable damage that has the potential to affect you and your family for months, years or even the rest of your life. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has pledged their careers to battling against powerful insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to fight for your your rights on your behalf, hold the person or organization that hurt you accountable and win you the complete financial recovery you need to truly heal. Call a Valley Park, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case review.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents? | Valley Park, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that, nationwide in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian deaths and over 76,000 injuries.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 pedestrians were killed were killed in collisions and 1,314 pedestrians suffered injuries.
According to reporting from the Illinois Department of Transportation, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians were killed in wrecks and 3,138 sustained injuries.
What Are My Other Rights and Duties as a Pedestrian in Valley Park, MO?
While drivers owe other drivers, passengers and pedestrians a duty of care, pedestrians also have certain obligations under Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When there are no traffic signals, cars, trucks and motorcycles should yield to a pedestrian that is approaching the halfway point in the road.
- Pedestrians cannot all of a sudden run in front of a car in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a pedestrian bridge has been implemented.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot cross between adjacent intersections where traffic signals are present except at a crosswalk.
As pedestrian laws in Missouri and Illinois are relatively convoluted, it's essential to seek out a pedestrian accident lawyer in Valley Park, MO as soon as possible if you were hurt by a vehicle. Reach out to a pedestrian accident lawyer in Valley Park, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Is Responsible for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Valley Park, MO?
That changes between cases. Some of the parties your attorney at Halvorsen Klote can hold to blame include:
- The driver, for example if they were driving distracted, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a negligent way.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer in a product liability case, for example if an SUV is prone to rolling over.
- The public body who are charged with keeping a certain area safe, for example if there a sign that makes someone crossing the street or on the side of the road difficult to see from a car.
In some cases, multiple parties may share responsibility. For example, if a distracted driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, you may be able to get a financial recovery from the driver and the government entity responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will look into every possible accountable party in your accident in order to win you the best possible financial recovery you are entitled to. This is extremely important if if one party, in combination with your underinsured motorist coverage, is not able to pay for all of your damages.
What if I Am Partially to Blame for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Valley Park, MO?
Both Missouri and Illinois have what's called a "comparative negligence" rule. In either state, you will get compensation for the share of the accident you are not responsible for. For example, if all of your damages come to $100,000, but the fact finder ascertains you are bear 20% of the responsibility for your injuries, you would collect $80,000.
Under Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, pursuant to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would be prohibited from recovering anything if you were more than 50% responsible.
Attempting to move fault onto you is a common deception insurance companies use to avoid paying out claims. Your Valley Park, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to counter those tricks and get you the financial recovery you are owed.
What Will a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Valley Park, MO Do for Me?
Your Valley Park, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will employ our legal skill to let an insurance adjuster know that they are going to have to compensate you for all of your damages. When you hire us, we start investigating immediately. We work to give you all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your family. In addition, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Acquire all the evidence we can use to prove your claim, such as eyewitness testimony, photographs, police records and more.
- Work in tandem with our network of Valley Park, MO collision experts to help ascertain fault for your injuries.
- Work alongside our network of Valley Park, MO medical experts to ensure you are getting the full value of your injuries.
- Oversee all investigation, documentation, litigation and mediation so you can focus on healing.
- Stand up to insurance adjusters who do not want to pay you what they owe you.
- Take your case to trial when we cannot get a fair financial recovery in mediation.
How Much Is My Injury Claim Worth?
That depends on the specifics of your injury, the significance of your injuries and the talent and dedication of your Valley Park, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you secure compensation for:
- Property damage, like damage to your car
- Wage loss if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Lowered earning capacity if your injuries have permanent effects on your ability to complete tasks at your place of work
- Medical costs, for instance:
- Urgent care visits
- Follow up visits
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Your Valley Park, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
The following are some helpful articles and legal FAQs from your Valley Park, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Click on the following links to find out what other services we offer in Valley Park, MO:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Auto Accident Attorney
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Injury Claim Lawyer
Valley Park, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or someone you care about was hurt in an accident because of someone else's carelessness, trust in your Valley Park, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. You do not have to go it alone when someone else turns your life upside down. We take all of our client's cases in Valley Park, MO personally and will stand by your side until the responsible parties are held accountable. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in Valley Park, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.