Pedestrian Accident Lawyer St. Louis
St Clair, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Complimentary Case Review | St Clair, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in St Clair, MO. Pedestrians are at heightened risk when drivers act recklessly, and pedestrian accidents can cause devastating injuries that create unanticipated financial, emotional and physical burdens for the victims. The Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer team has dedicated their careers to battling against large insurance companies that try to avoid their obligation to reimburse you. We are here to defend your rights, hold the person or organization that injured you responsible and win you the maximum compensation you need to truly recover. Get in touch with a St Clair, MO pedestrian accident lawyer today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case review.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics | St Clair, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that, in the United States in 2019, there were 6,205 pedestrian fatalities and over 76,000 injuries.
According to reporting from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Traffic Compendium, in 2020 in Missouri 132 non-passengers were killed in wrecks and 1,314 non-passengers sustained injuries.
According to reporting from the Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics, in 2020 175 Illinois pedestrians died in collisions and 3,138 were harmed.
Do Pedestrians Always Have the Right of Way in St Clair, MO?
While drivers of cars, trucks and motorcycles owe everyone else on the St Clair, MO roads a duty of care, there are safety measures pedestrians must adhere to according to Illinois and Missouri laws:
- Pursuant to Missouri Revised Statute §300.375 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1002:
- Pedestrians must follow what traffic signals say when they are there.
- When traffic signals are not present, cars, trucks and motorcycles must yield to a pedestrian that is approaching halfway over the road.
- Pedestrians cannot suddenly leave a curb in a way that makes it impossible for a driver to yield.
- Under Missouri Revised Statute §300.390 and 625 ILCS 5/11-1003:
- Any pedestrian crossing where there is no crosswalk and not at an intersection must yield to vehicles.
- Pedestrians must yield to roadway traffic when a pedestrian bridge has been placed.
- In both Missouri and Illinois, you cannot cut between adjacent intersections where there are traffic signals except at a crosswalk.
who knows how to apply Missouri or Illinois law to your case. Call a pedestrian accident lawyer in St Clair, MO straight away at 866-382-4167.
Who Is at-Fault for My Pedestrian Accident Injuries in St Clair, MO?
That will vary based on the exact causes of your injuries. Some of the people, companies and organizations we can seek compensation from are:
- The driver, for example if they were driving drowsy, or otherwise acted behind the wheel in a careless manner.
- A motor vehicle manufacturer, vendor or mechanic in a product liability lawsuit, for example if a car's tires are prone to blowing out.
- The public entity responsible for keeping a certain area safe, for example if there is poor lighting at night.
In some cases, we can hold various parties accountable. For example, if a distracted driver hits you in a lowly lit crosswalk, we may be able to help you get a financial recovery from the driver and the government entity responsible for the safety of that crosswalk. Your pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will explore every possible contributing factor to your accident your accident in order to secure you the best possible financial recovery you deserve. This is vitally important if one party cannot pay all of your damages, and the rest surpasses your underinsured motorist coverage.
Can I Still Recover Compensation in St Clair, MO if My Pedestrian Accident Was Partially My Fault?
Both Missouri and Illinois are considered to be "comparative negligence" states. In either state, you will receive compensation for the part of the accident you are not responsible for. For example, if all of your damages come to $100,000, but the fact finder determines you were 40% at fault, you would only receive $60,000.
According to Missouri Revised Statute §537.060, you can still recover some compensation even if you are 99% to blame for the accident. However, in Illinois, according to 735 ILCS 5/2-1116 you would excluded from anything for your damages if you bear over half of the liability for the accident.
Attempting to shift fault onto you is a common deception insurance companies use to devalue claims. Your St Clair, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote will deal directly with the insurance adjuster and ensure you are not manipulated by a powerful insurance company.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in St Clair, MO Help With My Case?
Your St Clair, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Haloversen Klote will utilize our legal skill to level the playing field. When you hire us, we start investigating immediately. We work to keep you informed throughout your claim. In addition, your Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer will:
- Obtain all relevant evidence, including eyewitness dispositions, photographs, police records and more.
- Work with our network of St Clair, MO crash experts to help determine liability for your injuries.
- Work alongside our network of St Clair, MO medical experts to ensure we know the precise worth of your claim.
- Oversee all investigation, documentation, litigation and negotiation so you can spend your energy on healing.
- Make sure the insurance adjuster know they have to pay you what they owe you.
- Take the fight in front of a judge and jury when the insurance adjuster will not be fair in negotiations.
How Much Compensation Should I Expect to Receive?
That depends on the specifics of your case, the scope of your damages and the skill of your St Clair, MO injury claim lawyer. We can help you collect compensation for:
- Property damage, for example damage to your car
- Wage loss for any time periods where your injury did not allow you to work
- Decreased earning capacity if your injuries have permanent consequences on your ability to complete tasks at your job
- Medical bills, such as:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' appointments
- Assistive devices such as modifications to your home or car
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
Your St Clair, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and get you the full financial recovery you are entitled to.
Below are some helpful links and legal FAQs from your St Clair, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote:
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- If an Insurance Company Pays for Property Damage, Do I Still Need an Attorney for my Injuries Claim?
- Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Settlement?
- Will My Personal Injury Claim Go to Court?
- Who Is Liable in a Car Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer if I'm in a Car Accident?
- The Growing Trend Of Distracted Driving
- Can I Sue if I Was Partially At Fault?
- Is There a Time Limit to File a Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do if You Are in a Car Accident?
Click on the links below to see what other services we offer in St Clair, MO:
- Injury Claim Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
St Clair, MO Pedestrian Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
If you or a family member was injured in an accident that was not their fault, trust in your St Clair, MO pedestrian accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote to be there when you need help the most. We know you did not expect or deserve to become injured. Our St Clair, MO clients matter to us and we will stand by your side until the responsible parties are held accountable. We charge no attorneys' fees unless we win. Call a Halvorsen Klote pedestrian accident lawyer in St Clair, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a complimentary case evaluation.