Injury Claim Lawyer St Clair, MO
St Clair, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Case Review | St Clair, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Injury Claim Lawyer in St Clair, MO. Injuries can happen to anyone almost anytime, creating unforeseen and harsh financial, physical and emotional hardships. It's normal to be furious when your injuries are caused by someone else's negligence. Missouri and Illinois law provide an avenue for injured victims to secure a financial recovery for their injuries in the form of personal injury claims. In most cases, you'll need the aid of an injury claim lawyer in St Clair, MO to get the most value for your claim. At Halvorsen Klote, we have dedicated our careers to getting clients in Missouri and Southern Illinois a full financial recovery, and providing them with the same high standard of legal representation as large insurance companies. If you were injured through no fault of your own, call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free consultation.
Top Causes of Personal Injury Claims | St Clair, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Personal injury claims are legal claims seeking restitution for injuries caused by someone else's inattentive, reckless, or deliberate behavior. While each accident and each injury claim is unique, most cases will be decided by law governing one of a number of common categories. Some of the most common claims our injury claim lawyer team delivers maximum compensation for our clients in in St Clair, MO are:
- Auto crashes, such as
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Daycare injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
No matter how your injuries occurred, trust your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in St Clair, MO to know how maximize the value of your claim. In order to get the best results for your claim, reach out to us as soon as possible so we can get started on your claim.
Determining If You Have an Injury Claim | St Clair, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You cannot make a claim for any injury or accident; you must show that someone else is at fault for your damages. In order for your case to be successful, your injury claim lawyer must how the other party's action or inaction constitutes the five elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: Establishing a duty of care is predominant your claim. You must demonstrate that the defendant had a responsibility to keep you safe. This is automatic in auto accident claims, as both Missouri and Illinois have put into law that drivers owe everyone else on the road a duty of care. Other relationships, such as between a doctor and patient or a property owner and visitor, have defined duties of care.
- Breach of Duty: The second step, you have to show that the person who had a duty to your safety behaved in a way that was unreasonable or committed an act that was against the law.
- Cause in Fact: The third step is showing that were it not for the defendant's actions or inaction, you would not have been injured. Meaning, if a driver had not been drunk, or a defective product had been recalled, you would not have been injured.
- Proximate Cause: This refers to whether the cause in fact was really the the other party's fault. If a property owner had no way of knowing of a hazardous condition they may not be liable.
- Damages: The last aspect of negligence is that you sustained damages. In a personal injury case, that means you have to provide documentation of your injuries. If a dog nips at you and you only receive a minor cut that doesn't get infected, you likely do not have a claim because you did not receive any actual damages.
Every St Clair, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to demonstrate the five elements of negligence and get you the full financial recovery you deserve. If don't know whether or not you have a claim, you need to consult with an injury claim lawyer right away. Our case reviews are free, so they're no-risk, no-obligation.
Frequently Asked Questions | St Clair, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
The majority of our St Clair, MO clients have never had to make an injury claim before and are anxious about what the whole process entails. Below are some of the most frequently asked questions our injury claim lawyer team receives in St Clair, MO:
How Much Compensation Should I Expect to Collect?
That depends on the particulars of your case, the extent of your damages and the expertise of your St Clair, MO injury claim lawyer. With our assistance you can collect compensation for:
- Property damage, such as damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages for any time periods where your injury did not permit you to work
- Lowered earning capacity if your injuries result in disability
- Medical costs, such as:
- Emergency room visits
- Follow up visits
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Your St Clair, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to fully value claims and get you the great compensation you are owed.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
There are some notably exceptions in each state, but it is imperative to contact an injury claim lawyer in St Clair, MO as soon as you can after being in an accident so that the clock does not run out.
What Is The Burden of Proof in Personal Injury Claims?
We've all heard the phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt." That's the burden of proof that juries and judges must observe in criminal court so that there is no chance that an innocent person is imprisoned. Personal injury claims are civil cases, and the the applicable burden of proof is a preponderance of the evidence. That means that a jury or insurance adjuster must find only that the claim is more likely than not to be true.
That means that if a drunk driver evades a criminal conviction because of mistakes in police work, you can still pursue compensation from them in a civil claim.
If your injury claim lawyer is helping you seek punitive damages, you must show clear and convincing evidence, which lies between preponderance of the evidence and beyond a reasonable doubt.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
Again, that depends on the individual circumstances of your case. The Bureau of Justice Statistics found that 96 percent of tort claims are settled before they ever get in front of a judge and jury. A settlement may only take a few months, while you might have to wait for up to two years if a case in St Clair, MO goes to court. If your injuries do not cause permanent disability, it might be a good idea to wait until you've reached maximum medical improvement so you know the full extent of your medical bills.
How do Personal Injury Claims Work?
Typically, following an injury caused by somebody else's negligence in St Clair, MO, the order of events is as follows:
- You receive medical care (and keep with it until you have completely recovered).
- You discuss your injuries with an injury claim lawyer.
- The lawyer carries out an investigation into your case and gathers evidence, including police reports and medical records.
- Your injury claim lawyer sends a formal settlement demand letter.
- If the settlement demand is denied, your injury claim lawyer may decide to negotiate or may immediately file a lawsuit.
- The discovery phase starts, wherein your attorney gathers further evidence and collects expert testimony.
- Your injury claim lawyer and the insurance company enter negotiations in front of an impartial party in mediation.
- We take your case to trial if the insurance company will not be fair in negotiations.
Can I Still Collect Compensation if I Was Partially to Blame?
Yes. Missouri is what is called a "pure comparative negligence" state, which means your financial recovery will be diminished by the percent of responsibility you share. Meaning, if a jury awards you $100,000 but determines you were 30 percent at fault, you will only recover $70,000. Illinois is similar, but is a "modified comparative negligence" state, which means you will not receive a financial recovery if you are over 50 percent at fault.
How Much Do Injury Claim Lawyers Charge? | St Clair, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
You may be nervous about whether or not you can afford legal representation in St Clair, MO because the medical bills and lost wages are piling up and you're not sure you can afford an attorney. An advantage to enlisting the services of an injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is, in contrast to criminal defense lawyers in St Clair, MO, we charge a contingency fee. There are three principal benefits to that:
- We require no upfront fees. Rather than getting an hourly rate, we take a percentage of the financial recovery you are awarded — not before you get paid.
- You owe us nothing if we do not win your claim. A Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer only gets paid by using their expertise to achieve the best possible results.
- We only take cases on when we genuinely believe we can add substantially more value to your claim . We shoulder the risk of utilizing our resources for you, and we won't make promises we can't keep or mislead you.
Regardless of what your present economic circumstances may be, a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in St Clair, MO will be by your side and fight on your behalf to get you the great results you are entitled to.
Click on the these links to find out what other services we offer in St Clair, MO:
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
- Slip and Fall Lawyer
- Car Accidents Law Firm
- Personal Injury Attorney
- Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Accident Attorney
- Injury Lawyer
Call HK Law Today
St Clair, MO Injury Claim Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
You don't have to go through the complicated legal process alone. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in St Clair, MO, we start working on your case right away and keep you informed until we secure a successful resolution. We make sure you understand your claim and the law so you can do what's best for you and your St Clair, MO family. Call an injury claim lawyer in St Clair, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.