Injury Claim Lawyer Holts Summit, MO
Holts Summit, MO Personal Injury Attorneys
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Holts Summit, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Injury Claim Lawyer in Holts Summit, MO. No one expects to be injured, but when they are it creates unforeseen and harsh economic, physical and emotional hardships. It can be maddening when your injuries result from someone else's reckless action or inaction. Missouri and Illinois law offers an avenue for injured victims to get compensation for their damages by way of personal injury claims. Usually, it can be difficult for Holts Summit, MO residents to receive fair compensation without the aid of an injury claim lawyer. At Halvorsen Klote, we have devoted our careers to getting clients in Missouri and Southern Illinois great compensation, and providing them with the same high standard of legal representation as large insurance companies. If you were injured through no fault of your own, call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
Top Causes of Personal Injury Claims | Holts Summit, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Personal injury claims are the process one goes through to seek restitution for injuries caused by someone else's careless, reckless, or calculated actions. While determining who is liable depends on the specific circumstances of your cases, most cases will be decided by law governing one of several common categories. Some of the most common claims our injury claim lawyer team gets great compensation for in Holts Summit, MO are:
- Auto crashes, such as
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Daycare injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
Regardless of how you sustained your injuries, trust your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Holts Summit, MO to get you the best possible financial recovery. In order to get the best results for your claim, contact us as soon as possible so we can start working on your claim.
Determining If You Have an Injury Claim | Holts Summit, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
Not all injuries and accidents are cause for an injury or accident claim; you must demonstrate that another party is responsible for your damages. In order for your injury claim lawyer to win your case, they must prove the five elements of negligence:
- Duty of Care: Confirming a duty of care is predominant a personal injury claim. You must show that the defendant had a responsibility to refrain from acts that could foreseeably hurt you. If you were injured in an auto accident, the other driver automatically had a responsibility, as both Missouri and Illinois have stipulated that drivers owe everyone else on the road a duty of care. Other associations, such as between a doctor and patient or a property owner and visitor, have preestablished duties of care.
- Breach of Duty: After establishing a breach of duty, you must demonstrate that the person who had an obligation to your safety did not act as a reasonable person would or as the law dictates.
- Cause in Fact: Following that, you must demonstrate that if the other party had acted differently, you would not have suffered any damages. For instance, if a driver had not been drunk, or a doctor had diagnosed you correctly, you would not have incurred the damages for which you are making a claim.
- Proximate Cause: This relates to the defendant's responsibility for the cause in fact. If a driver ran a red light because their breaks weren't working, then the duty of care may have been breached by a manufacturer or mechanic, not by the driver.
- Damages: The final aspect of negligence is that you suffered damages. In a personal injury claim, that means you have to provide documentation of your injuries. If you're in a slip and fall and only suffer a minor bruise that goes away after a couple days, you likely do not have a claim because you did not receive any real injury.
Every Holts Summit, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to take on, prove, and win every type of personal injury case. If you're unsure if another party bears responsibility for your damages, it's best to consult with an injury claim lawyer right away. We don't charge anything for evaluating your case, so there's no reason not to call us to discuss your claim.
Frequently Asked Questions | Holts Summit, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
The majority of our Holts Summit, MO clients have never had to make an injury claim before and are anxious about the process and how it works. Read on below for some FAQs from your Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Holts Summit, MO:
How Much Compensation Should I Expect to Receive?
That will vary depending on the specifics of your accident, the scope of your damages and the expertise of your Holts Summit, MO injury claim lawyer. With our assistance you can recover compensation for:
- Property damage, such as damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages if your injury prevented you from being able to fulfill the functions of your job
- Lowered earning potential if your injuries have permanent consequences on your ability to complete tasks at your job
- Medical costs, like:
- Emergency room visits
- Subsequent doctors' appointments
- Assistive devices such as wheelchairs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental distress
Your Holts Summit, MO injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote knows how to properly value claims and deliver you the complete financial recovery you are entitled to.
What's the Time Limit to File a Personal Injury Claim?
Both states offer rare exceptions for age or disability, but it is essential to call an injury claim lawyer in Holts Summit, MO immediately after an injury so that the time limit does not run out.
What Is The Burden of Proof in Personal Injury Claims?
We've all heard the phrase "beyond a reasonable doubt." That's the burden of proof that juries and judges must observe in criminal cases to protect innocent people from incarceration. Personal injury claims are civil cases, and the burden of proof is called a preponderance of the evidence. That means that a jury or insurance adjuster must find only that there is a greater than 50 percent chance that the claim is true.
So, if a drunk driver gets out of their criminal case because of errors in a police reports, you can still hold them at fault in a civil court.
If you and your injury claim lawyer decide to seek punitive damages, you must show clear and convincing evidence, which means that the jury or insurance adjuster are left with a clear conviction that the claim is most likely true.
How Long Does an Injury Claim Take?
Again, that depends on the individual circumstances of your injury. The Bureau of Justice Statistics reports that nearly all tort claims are settled in negotiations. A settlement may only take a few months, while a case that goes to trial in Holts Summit, MO can take up to two years. If your injuries do not have lifelong consequences, it might be best to wait until you've reached maximum medical improvement so you know the full value of all of your medical bills.
How do Personal Injury Claims Work?
Typically, after you've been injured by another person's reckless actions in Holts Summit, MO, the order of events is as follows:
- You get medical attention (and keep with it until you have completely recovered).
- You discuss your injuries with an injury claim lawyer.
- The lawyer carries out an investigation into your claim and collects evidence, for instance police reports and medical records.
- Your injury claim lawyer makes a formal settlement demand letter.
- If the the insurance company refuses to pay the settlement demand, your injury claim lawyer may decide to negotiate or may immediately file a lawsuit.
- The discovery phase begins, wherein your lawyer obtains more evidence and collects expert testimony.
- Your injury claim lawyer and the the other party enter negotiations in front of a neutral party in mediation.
- We take your case to trial if the insurance company will not be fair in negotiations.
Can I Still Recover Compensation if I Was Partially at Fault?
Yes. Missouri is what is called a "pure comparative negligence" state, which means your compensation will be taken out by the percent of responsibility you share. Meaning, if a jury awards you $100,000 but determines you were 30 percent responsible, you will only collect $70,000. Illinois is called a "modified comparative negligence" state, which means you will not receive a financial recovery if you are more than half to blame.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire an Injury Claim Lawyer? | Holts Summit, MO Injury Claim Lawyer
It's possible you are apprehensive about whether or not you can afford legal representation in Holts Summit, MO because you're already paying for medical expenses and might not be able to work at the moment because of your injuries. The great thing about hiring an injury claim lawyer at Halvorsen Klote is, in contrast to other attorneys in Holts Summit, MO, we charge a contingency fee. There are three main benefits to that:
- We do not charge anything in advance of services. Because we don't charge an hourly amount, we take a percentage of the financial recovery you receive — but not before we win or settle your case.
- You owe us nothing if we do not secure a successful resolution for your claim. A Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer only earns a living by implementing their talent and dedication to achieve the best possible results.
- We won't take on your case unless we genuinely believe we will be able to considerably increase your compensation . We accept the risk of using our resources on your behalf, and we won't make promises we can't keep or mislead you.
No matter what your present economic circumstances is, a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Holts Summit, MO will take on your case and fight with all of our resources to see you get the great results you are entitled to.
Click on the following links to discover what other services we offer in Holts Summit, MO:
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers
- Auto Crash Attorney
- Truck Crash Lawyers
Call HK Law Today
Holts Summit, MO Injury Claim Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
You don't have to go through the complex legal process alone. When you hire a Halvorsen Klote injury claim lawyer in Holts Summit, MO, we start building your claim right away and stay in communication with you until we secure a successful resolution. We give you all the information you need to make the best decision for you and your Holts Summit, MO family. Call an injury claim lawyer in Holts Summit, MO today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.