Auto Accident Attorney Columbia, MO
Greater St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Columbia, MOAutomobile Accident Lawyers
Auto accident attorney in Columbia, MO. Auto accidents can happen suddenly near Columbia, MO. If a reckless and careless driver in the Columbia, MO area was responsible for a crash, you need an auto accident lawyer who will fight to recover damages from the liable party. However, not all auto accident lawyers are created equal in the Columbia, MO area. You need a reliable and experienced law firm that prioritizes your needs. You need Halvorsen Klote. We advocate for victims of auto accidents in Columbia, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis and Southern Illinois.
We have gotten successful results for our Columbia, MO-area clients in a variety of auto accident claims, including:
How Halvorsen Klote Can Help You in Columbia, MO | Auto Accident Attorney Columbia, MO
Did you know that in 2022, there were 1,040 fatalities in traffic accidents in Missouri and a multitude more that resulted in injuries and damages on Missouri’s roadways? If you or someone you know has been involved in an auto accident near Columbia, MO, you may be dealing with legal complexities, financial challenges, emotional anguish, and physical discomfort. You may be pondering how to secure the compensation you deserve for your injuries and losses.
That is exactly why you need an experienced auto accident attorney from Halvorsen Klote. Our lawyers specialize in providing top legal representation for victims of car crashes in Columbia, MO. They can assist you in navigating the difficult legal process, negotiating with insurance companies, and obtaining fair and just compensation.
A personal injury law firm based in St. Louis, Halvorsen Klote has decades of experience handling Columbia, MO car crash cases. We have won millions of dollars for our clients and have received rave reviews from numerous satisfied customers. Our attorneys are committed to serving victims and their families throughout the Columbia, MO area. Give us a call right away at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online.
Causes and Types of Columbia, MO Auto Accidents | Auto Accident Attorney Columbia, MO
Auto accidents can occur for various reasons in Columbia, MO and can involve different types of vehicles and collisions. Some of the typical causes of auto accidents in Columbia, MO are:
- Distracted driving: This takes place when a driver is not paying attention to traffic or the road because they are talking on the phone, drinking, eating, changing the music, engaging in conversations with passengers, or doing anything at all that takes their eyes, hands, or mind off the task of driving.
- Speeding: This happens when a driver exceeds the legal speed limit or drives too fast for the conditions of the road. Speeding diminishes the driver’s reaction time, increases the braking distance, and makes the crash more severe.
- Drunk driving: This occurs when a driver operates a vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Driving under the influence impairs the driver’s judgment, vision, coordination, and reflexes, making them more likely to cause an accident.
Depending on the cause and type of car crash, different kinds of injuries and damages can occur. Some of the common types of injuries and damages include:
- Whiplash: This is a neck injury caused by a sudden back-and-forth movement of the head during a collision. It can cause reduced range of motion, dizziness, headaches, stiffness, and severe pain.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI): This is a brain injury caused by a blow or jolt to the head during an accident. It can cause cognitive impairment, memory loss, mood changes, seizures, coma, or death.
- Spinal cord injury (SCI): This is a spinal injury caused by a fracture or dislocation of the vertebrae during a collision. It can cause paralysis, numbness, tingling, loss of bladder or bowel control, or sexual dysfunction.
- Broken bones: These can affect any part of the body and cause infection, deformity, bruising, swelling, and severe pain. They are caused by the pressure or impact of an auto accident.
- Lacerations: Cuts or tears caused by broken glass or metal shards during an accident, lacerations can cause infection, nerve damage, scarring, and bleeding.
- Burns: Caused by hot fluids or fire from a collision, burns can lead to severe pain, infection, disfigurement, peeling, and blistering.
Columbia, MO auto accidents can have devastating and lasting consequences for the victims and their loved ones. In addition to many of the physical conditions listed above, potential consequences of auto accidents can include emotional trauma – such as trauma-related distress, anxiety, depression, frustration, guilt, or grief – and substantial financial hardships like healthcare, property damage, lost income, reduced earning capacity, or burial expenses. The Halvorsen Klote legal team is here for you. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online.
Other cases we take on near Columbia, MO include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
What to Do Following an Auto Accident in the Columbia, MO Area | Auto Accident Attorney Columbia, MO
It is vital to take certain steps to protect your legal rights, safety, and health when you or a loved one has been involved in an auto accident near Columbia, MO. Here are some of the the steps you should take after an auto accident:
- Seek medical attention: The initial and most crucial step is to seek medical assistance for yourself and anyone else who is injured in Columbia, MO. You should get by a doctor or other medical professional as soon as possible, even if you feel fine or you think your injuries are minor. Some injuries may not manifest symptoms immediately or may become worse over time. Getting medical attention can also help document your injuries and associate them to the accident.
- Contact the police: Notifying the police and reporting the accident is the second step. The police will arrive at the scene near Columbia, MO and examine the accident. They will also create a report that includes vital information such as the date, time, precise location, weather, road conditions, witnesses, parties involved, damages, injuries, citations issued, etc. This report can be valuable for your legal claim later on.
- Collect evidence: Collecting evidence from the scene of the Columbia, MO accident is the next step. This includes capturing pictures or videos of the vehicles involved, the vehicle and/or property damage sustained, the injuries suffered, the skid marks, the debris, the traffic signs or signals, etc. You should gather the names, addresses, phone numbers, driver’s license numbers, license plate numbers, and insurance information of all parties involved in the crash. You should also obtain the names and contact information of any witnesses who saw what happened in Columbia, MO. Don’t forget to keep any receipts or bills related to your accident expenses.
- Refrain from admitting fault or signing anything without a lawyer: Be sure to refrain from admitting fault or signing anything without a lawyer. Following an accident, the other party’s lawyer or insurance company may try to contact you. They might attempt to get you to admit fault for the Columbia, MO accident, sign a document that waives your right to sue, or accept a lowball settlement offer. You should absolutely avoid doing any of these things without seeking advice from your own lawyer first. Anything you sign or say can be used against you later and diminish your chances of getting fair compensation.
- Seek legal advice: The final step is to immediately seek legal advice from a knowledgeable Columbia, MO auto accident lawyer. A skilled attorney from Halvorsen Klote can help you understand your legal rights and options, analyze your case, collect evidence, submit claims, manage insurance companies, prove liability and damages, negotiate settlements, or proceed to trial. A lawyer can also help you prevent typical errors that can affect your case, like not meeting important timelines, offering inconsistent accounts, or accepting an inadequate settlement. Call HK Law now at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.
Benefits of Hiring Halvorsen Klote | Auto Accident Attorney Columbia, MO
Hiring a Columbia, MO auto accident attorney from Halvorsen Klote can make a significant difference in the outcome of your case. The following are examples of the advantages of hiring one of our experienced attorneys:
- No fees unless we win
- Experienced trial lawyers
- Focus on personal injury cases
- Available 24/7
- Real results for our clients
- “Just wow. I never expected the outcome of my case to EXCEED my expectations. This firm knows what they are doing when it comes to personal injury matters. They are easy to get ahold of and are very helpful. Safe to say, I found my firm for life.” - Kala Carpenter
- “Highly recommend! They had exceptional customer satisfaction and did everything possible to help the customer!!” - Tyler Cowan
- “Had a wonderful and very positive experience dealing with everyone at the office. I had no idea what I was walking into and they helped me every step of the way! I would definitely recommend checking with them for your legal worries and you will feel awesome dealing with such a good team!” - Hunter Dale
Halvorsen Klote does not charge any upfront fees for legal representation in Columbia, MO. We work on a contingency basis, meaning you only pay us a percentage of the settlement or verdict if we win your case. If we don’t win, you don’t pay anything.
We have a team of talented and knowledgeable trial lawyers who are not hesitant to take your case to court if necessary. We have won substantial settlement amounts for our clients near Columbia, MO and have handled multiple cases involving car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, slip and fall injuries, nursing home negligence, dog bites, wrongful death, and more in and around Columbia, MO.
We focus exclusively on personal injury cases. We have the knowledge and expertise to handle the challenging legal issues that arise in Columbia, MO auto accident cases. We understand the best way to navigate insurance companies, prove liability and damages, and obtain fair and equitable compensation for our clients.
Our legal team is available 24/7 to answer your questions and address your concerns. We pride ourselves on our communication and responsiveness. We will keep you informed and updated during the entire process and make sure you are comfortable with every decision we make.
Halvorsen Klote has a proven track record of success in obtaining favorable results for our clients in Columbia, MO. We have received rave reviews and positive accolades from happy customers who have experienced our professionalism, compassion, dedication, and success. Below are some testimonials of what our clients have said about us:
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Columbia, MO, you need an auto accident attorney from Halvorsen Klote fighting in your corner. Contact us today for a free case review. We will listen to your story, assess your case, and advise you on the best course of action. We will fight vigorously for your rights and interests and assist you in getting the compensation you deserve. You can call us at 866-382-4167 or complete our contact form online.
Don’t delay. Contact Halvorsen Klote right now and allow us to assist you with your auto accident case.