St. Louis 4-Wheeler Accident Attorney
St. Louis ATV Accident Lawyer
Call 877-51-HKLAW for a Consultation and Case Review | St. Louis ATV Accident Lawyers.
ATV Accident Lawyer in St. Louis. If you were injured in an ATV accident in St. Louis or Southern Illinois, call Halvorsen Klote's ATV accident lawyers today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online for a free case evaluation. We have the knowledge, dedication and experience you need to recover full compensation for your injuries.
Driving an ATV is a thrilling and fun way to explore nature. Unfortunately, they can also be incredibly dangerous when not designed safely or safety regulations are not followed. Sometimes, people take every safety precaution they can and still suffer bodily injury because of somebody else's negligence. When that happens, you need an accomplished and talented St. Louis ATV accident lawyer from Halvorsen Klote to get you the financial recovery you are rightfully owed. We keep you informed throughout your case and answer any questions you may have about your personal injury claim. Our St. Louis ATV accident lawyer team has secured millions of dollars for our injured clients, and you owe us no fees unless we win your case.
ATV Accident Facts | St. Louis ATV Accident Lawyer
In the University of Iowa's groundbreaking "ATV Related Injuries: Mechanisms and Contributing Factors," study, they reported that there were 130,000 to 150,000 ATV-related emergency room visits each year, and over 800 fatalities.
ATVs are especially prone to rollover accidents, given that they have a high center of gravity and often operate on rough terrain. Rollovers account for 42 percent of all 4-wheeler accidents. Because 4-wheelers offer no protection themselves, rollovers can often lead to head and neck injuries, as well as fractures. The Consumer Product Safety Commission's Annual Report in 2020 found that fractures were the most common ATV accident treated in emergency rooms, while the most often injured body parts were the head, neck and arm.
ATV Laws | St. Louis ATV Accident Lawyer
In order to stay safe and keep others save it's important to know the rules. The following are the ATV laws in Missouri and Illinois.
According to Missouri Revised Statute §300.348, no person shall operate an ATV:
- On streets and highways;
- In a stream or river;
- In a careless way that endangers your safety;
- While under the influence of alcohol or any other controlled substance
- Without a helmet, if they are under 18
- With a passenger
- Can be less than 16 years old, unless supervised by a parent or guardian, or on their parent or guardian's property
According to 625 ILCS 5/11-1427, it is illegal to operate an ATV in the following ways:
- On a street, highway or roadway, unless you are directly crossing the street
- Careless operation, and being "grossly indifferent" to someone else's "person or property"
- On private property, without prior approval
- On public land that is not specifically designated for ATVs
- At a speed too fast for conditions
- On frozen public waters, within 100 feet of someone else
Both states have general exceptions for ATVs and 4-wheelers with an agricultural purpose or related to government work. If someone broke the law, was negligent and caused you personal injury, the St. Louis 4-wheeler accident lawyer team will hold them responsible for their actions and fight hard to get you the compensation you deserve.
Risk Factors for ATV Accidents | St. Louis ATV Accident Lawyer
The University of Iowa study also identified risk factors and contributing factors associated with ATV accidents:
- One-third of all injuries and one-fourth of all deaths were children.
- Thirty percent of all ATV accidents involved children under the age of 16.
- Eighty percent of all ATV accidents involved males.
- For injured parties who were 16 or older, 35 percent tested positive for alcohol, and 25 percent for drugs.
Your St. Louis ATV accident lawyer at Halvorsen Klote has seen injuries happen in a variety of circumstances and for a lot of different reasons. In order to mitigate hazards, the University of Iowa Stead Family Children's Hospital came up with a list of 10 STARs (Safety Tips for ATV Riders). HK Law's ATV accident lawyer team recommends you follow them in order to keep you and your loved ones safe:
- 1. Always wear a helmet
- 2. One person at a time
- 3. Right an appropriately sized ATV (children should not ride adult 4-wheelers)
- 4. Wear the right protective gear
- 5. Never ride on the road
- 6. Take an ATV safety course
- 7. Tell someone where you are going
- 8. Don't go onto private property
- 9. Never ride after using alcohol or drugs
- 10. Always obey the rules
While it is important to be as safe as you can while enjoying your 4-wheeler, you never know when somebody else's negligence can cause you or a loved one harm. When that happens, you need an experienced and knowledgeable St. Louis ATV accident lawyer to help you recover the full compensation you rightfully deserve. Call Halvorsen Klote today at 877-51-HKLAW.
Who is Liable for my ATV Accident? | St. Louis ATV Accident Lawyer
While ATV accident injuries are often the result of the injured party not taking the proper safety precautions, there are times when an injury is caused by someone else's negligence. When that happens, that person or company in St. Louis or Southern Illinois can be found liable. Your St. Louis ATV accident lawyer will investigate your crash and determine who is liable for your injuries. Some examples of negligence our ATV accident lawyer team often sees are:
- A driver of another vehicle or ATV, if they were driving recklessly, for example:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Driving too fast for conditions
- A parent or guardian, if they allowed someone under 16 to drive the 4-wheeler unsupervised
- A property owner, if they gave you permission to drive on their land but did not warn you of a hazard they knew about, resulting in premises liability
- An ATV manufacturer may be liable for product liability if they did not safely design or manufacture the ATV, or if they did not issue an ATV recall when they were aware that a 4-wheeler was unsafe.
Whoever is responsible for your injuries, you can be sure that a St. Louis ATV accident lawyer of Halvorsen Klote will conduct a full investigation and use the law to hold them accountable. You should not have to pay when you are injured through no fault of your own.
Other cases our ATV accident lawyer team takes on in St. Louis are:
Call HK Law Today
St. Louis ATV Accident Lawyer | Halvorsen Klote
The 4-wheeler accident lawyer team of Halvorsen Klote prides itself in providing the highest level of legal representation to our injured clients in Greater St. Louis and throughout Southern Illinois. If you've been injured in an ATV accident, it's important to speak to a lawyer as soon as possible. Delaying could cause complications to your case. You only have one chance to recover the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Call Halvorsen Klote's ATV accident lawyers today at 877-51-HKLAW or contact us online for a free case evaluation.