Joel Halvorsen is a partner and founder of Halvorsen Klote.
Joel has successfully fought for people who were injured through no fault of their own. He became a lawyer to help make a difference in the lives of those who have been wronged and treated unfairly.
Joel specializes in handling Personal Injury, Consumer Rights, and Class Action matters. Joel has a passion for representing consumers and furthering consumer rights whether on an individual basis or as a class action matter and does not shy away from taking on large national corporations, banks, or insurance carriers. Prior to founding Halvorsen Klote, Joel gained valuable experience working for a national defense firm where he saw first-hand how corporate defendants evaluate cases and utilize their immense resources to deny just compensation to victims of their corporate negligence and wrongdoing. Utilizing that knowledge, Joel has represented individuals and families from all walks of life and is committed to helping people obtain the justice and compensation that they deserve.
Joel’s goal is to deliver dedicated legal representation. By combining logic with passion, Joel is able to provide his clients with first-class legal service. Joel guarantees that each client will receive the personal attention that only a small firm can offer but with the experience that a big firm delivers.
Joel and his fiancé met at Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and currently live in the St. Louis Metro area. Outside of the firm, Joel enjoys sports and the outdoors as well as running with his fiancé and their dogs Bella and Bentley. Joel is active in the community and serves as Co-Chair of the Consumer Law Committee at the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis (BAMSL).
- J.D., Saint Louis University School of Law
- B.S., History & Criminology and Law Studies, Marquette University
- State of Missouri
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court – Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Illinois
- The Missouri Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis (Co-Chair of the Consumer Law Committee)
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- The Lawyers Association of St. Louis
- St. Louis County Bar Association
- Phi Delta Phi