Auto Accident Attorney O'Fallon, IL
Greater St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | O'Fallon, ILAutomobile Accident Lawyers
Auto accident attorney in O'Fallon, IL. Auto accidents happen suddenly and unexpectedly in O'Fallon, IL. If a negligent driver in O'Fallon, IL caused an accident, you need an auto accident lawyer who will work for you to recover compensation from the liable party. However, not all O'Fallon, IL auto accident lawyers are created equal. You need a trustworthy and experienced law firm that has your best interests at heart. You need Halvorsen Klote. We stand by victims of auto accidents in throughout the O'Fallon, IL area.
We have won millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our O'Fallon, IL-area clients in an array of auto accident claims, including:
How Halvorsen Klote Can Help You in the O'Fallon, IL Area | Auto Accident Attorney O'Fallon, IL
Were you aware that in 2022, there were a staggering 1,040 lives lost in auto accidents in Missouri and a multitude more that caused injuries on Missouri’s roadways? If you or someone you know has been involved in an auto accident near O'Fallon, IL, you may be facing legal complexities, financial challenges, emotional anguish, and physical discomfort. You may be wondering how to secure adequate compensation for your suffering and damages.
That’s precisely why you need a knowledgeable auto accident attorney from Halvorsen Klote. Our attorneys specialize in representing victims of car crashes in O'Fallon, IL. They can assist you in navigating the difficult legal process, negotiating with insurance companies, and receiving fair and just compensation.
A personal injury law firm based in St. Louis, Halvorsen Klote has decades of experience handling O'Fallon, IL car crash cases. We have won countless cases for our clients and have obtained rave reviews from numerous satisfied customers. Our attorneys are committed to serving victims and their families in O'Fallon, IL. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.
Causes and Types of Auto Accidents in O'Fallon, IL | Auto Accident Attorney O'Fallon, IL
Auto accidents can happen for various reasons near O'Fallon, IL and can involve different types of vehicles and collisions. Some of the typical causes of auto accidents in O'Fallon, IL include:
- Distracted driving: This occurs when a driver is not paying attention to the road or the traffic because they are talking on the phone, eating, drinking, adjusting the radio, talking to passengers, or doing anything at all that takes their eyes, hands, or mind off the task of driving.
- Speeding: This occurs when a driver exceeds the posted speed limit or drives too fast for the conditions of the road. Speeding diminishes the driver’s reaction time, increases the braking distance, and makes the crash more severe.
- Drunk driving: This happens when a driver operates a vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Drunk driving impairs the driver’s reflexes, coordination, vision, and judgment, making them more likely to cause an accident.
Various kinds of injuries and damages can happen depending on the type and cause of car crash. Some of the common types of injuries and damages include:
- Whiplash: This is a neck injury caused by a sudden back-and-forth movement of the head during a collision. It can cause reduced range of motion, dizziness, headaches, stiffness, and severe pain.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI): A brain injury caused by a jolt or blow to the head during an accident, TBI can cause cognitive impairment, mood changes, seizures, memory loss, coma, or death.
- Spinal cord injury (SCI): This is a spinal injury caused by a fracture or dislocation of the vertebrae during a collision. It can cause paralysis, numbness, tingling, loss of bladder or bowel control, or sexual dysfunction.
- Broken bones: These are fractures caused by the impact or pressure of an auto accident. They can affect any part of the body and cause pain, swelling, bruising, deformity, or infection.
- Lacerations: These are cuts or tears caused by broken glass or metal during a collision. They can cause bleeding, scarring, nerve damage, or infection.
- Burns: Caused by hot fluids or fire from an auto accident, burns can lead to severe pain, infection, disfigurement, peeling, and blistering.
O'Fallon, IL auto accidents can have severe and lasting consequences for the victims and their loved ones. In addition to many of the physical conditions listed above, potential consequences of auto accidents can include psychological distress – like post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), fear, severe sadness, frustration, remorse, or loss – and considerable financial hardships like healthcare, vehicle repair, income loss, diminished earning potential, or funeral costs. The Halvorsen Klote auto accident attorneys are here for you. Give us a call today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online.
Other cases Halvorsen Klote takes on near O'Fallon, IL include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
What to Do Following an Auto Accident in the O'Fallon, IL Area | Auto Accident Attorney O'Fallon, IL
It is crucial to take specific steps to protect your legal rights, safety, and health when you or a loved one has been involved in an auto accident near O'Fallon, IL. Below are the the steps you should take after an auto accident:
- Seek medical attention: The first and most important step is to get medical assistance for yourself and anyone else who is injured in O'Fallon, IL. You should get by a medical professional as quickly as possible, even if you feel fine or you think your injuries are minor. Some injuries may not present symptoms right away or may worsen over time. Getting medical attention can also help establish your injuries and link them to the accident.
- Contact the police: The second step is to notify the police and document the accident. The police will arrive at the scene near O'Fallon, IL and examine the accident. They will also generate a report that details important information such as the date, time, precise location, weather, road conditions, witnesses, parties involved, damages, injuries, citations issued, etc. This report can be helpful for your legal claim later on.
- Collect evidence: Gathering evidence from the scene of the O'Fallon, IL accident is the next step. This includes taking photos or videos of the vehicles involved, the damage sustained, the injuries suffered, the debris, the skid marks, the traffic signs or signals, etc. You should obtain the names, addresses, phone numbers, driver’s license numbers, license plate numbers, and insurance information of all parties involved in the accident. You should also obtain the names and contact information of any witnesses who saw what happened in O'Fallon, IL. Don’t forget to keep any bills or receipts related to your accident expenses.
- Avoid admitting fault or signing anything without a lawyer: Be sure to refrain from admitting fault or signing anything without a lawyer. Following an accident, the other party’s lawyer or insurance company may try to contact you. They may try to get you to admit fault for the O'Fallon, IL accident, sign a document that releases your right to sue, or accept a lowball offer. You should absolutely avoid doing any of these things without seeking advice from your own lawyer first. Anything you say or sign can be used against you at a later date and decrease your chances of getting fair compensation.
- Seek legal advice: The last step is to seek legal advice from an experienced auto accident lawyer in O'Fallon, IL as soon as possible. A skilled attorney from Halvorsen Klote can help you understand your legal options and rights, assess your case, compile evidence, present claims, deal with insurance companies, negotiate settlements, prove liability and damages, or proceed to trial. A lawyer can also help you steer clear of typical errors that can hurt your case, such as not meeting important timelines, giving inconsistent statements, or accepting an inadequate settlement. Call HK Law right away at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online.
Benefits of Hiring Halvorsen Klote | Auto Accident Attorney O'Fallon, IL
Hiring a O'Fallon, IL auto accident attorney from Halvorsen Klote can have a significant effect on the outcome of your case. The following are examples of the advantages of hiring one of our skilled lawyers:
- No fees unless we win
- Experienced trial lawyers
- Focus on personal injury cases
- Available 24/7
- Real results for our clients
- “Just wow. I never expected the outcome of my case to EXCEED my expectations. This firm knows what they are doing when it comes to personal injury matters. They are easy to get ahold of and are very helpful. Safe to say, I found my firm for life.” - Kala Carpenter
- “Highly recommend! They had exceptional customer satisfaction and did everything possible to help the customer!!” - Tyler Cowan
- “Had a wonderful and very positive experience dealing with everyone at the office. I had no idea what I was walking into and they helped me every step of the way! I would definitely recommend checking with them for your legal worries and you will feel awesome dealing with such a good team!” - Hunter Dale
Halvorsen Klote does not charge any upfront fees for legal representation in O'Fallon, IL. We work on a contingency basis, meaning you only pay us a percentage of the settlement or verdict in the event of a successful outcome. If we don’t win, you don’t pay anything.
We have a staff of skilled and knowledgeable trial lawyers who are not hesitant to take your case to court when necessary. We have won substantial settlement amounts for our O'Fallon, IL clients and have represented multiple cases involving car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, slip and fall injuries, nursing home negligence, dog bites, wrongful death, and more in and around O'Fallon, IL.
HK Law focuses exclusively on personal injury cases. We are well-versed in handling the challenging legal aspects that emerge in O'Fallon, IL car accident cases. We understand the best way to deal with insurance companies, establish liability and damages, and seek fair and just compensation for our clients.
At Halvorsen Klote, we pride ourselves on our communication and responsiveness. Our legal team is available 24/7 to answer your questions and address your concerns. We will keep you informed and updated during the entire process and make sure you are comfortable with every decision we make.
Halvorsen Klote has a proven track record of delivering successful results for our O'Fallon, IL clients. Our firm has received rave reviews and positive accolades from happy customers who have experienced our professional approach, compassion, commitment, and success. Below are a few testimonials of what our clients have expressed about us:
If you have been injured in an auto accident in O'Fallon, IL, you need an auto accident attorney from Halvorsen Klote fighting in your corner. Reach out to us today for a free consultation. We will listen to your story, assess your case, and guide you on the best course of action. We will vigorously advocate for your rights and future and help you get the compensation you deserve. You can call us at 866-382-4167 or fill out our contact form online.
Don’t delay. Get in touch with Halvorsen Klote today and let us assist you with your car accident case.