Auto Accident Attorney St. Louis County, MO
Greater St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | St. Louis County, MOAutomobile Accident Lawyers
Auto accident attorney in St. Louis County, MO. Auto accidents happen suddenly and unexpectedly in St. Louis County, MO. If a reckless and careless driver in the St. Louis County, MO area was responsible for a crash, you need an auto accident attorney who will work for you to recover damages from the liable party. But not all auto accident lawyers are created equal in the St. Louis County, MO area. You need a reliable and knowledgeable law firm that prioritizes your needs. You need Halvorsen Klote. We stand by and support victims of auto accidents in throughout the St. Louis County, MO area.
We have won millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients near St. Louis County, MO in an array of vehicle accident claims, including:
How Halvorsen Klote Can Help You in St. Louis County, MO | Auto Accident Attorney St. Louis County, MO
Were you aware that in 2022, there were 1,040 fatalities in auto accidents in Missouri and countless more that resulted in injuries on Missouri’s roadways? If you or someone you know has been involved in an auto accident near St. Louis County, MO, you may be confronting physical pain, emotional distress, financial hardship, and legal challenges. You may be curios how to get the rightful compensation for your injuries and losses.
That is exactly why you need an experienced auto accident attorney from Halvorsen Klote. Our attorneys specialize in providing top legal representation for victims of car crashes in St. Louis County, MO. They can assist you in navigating the difficult legal process, negotiating with insurance companies, and obtaining fair and just compensation.
Halvorsen Klote is a personal injury law firm based in St. Louis with experience in handling St. Louis County, MO auto accident cases. We have won countless cases for our clients and have received rave reviews from numerous satisfied customers. Our lawyers are dedicated to serving victims and their families throughout the St. Louis County, MO area. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.
Causes and Types of Auto Accidents in St. Louis County, MO | Auto Accident Attorney St. Louis County, MO
Car crashes can happen for various reasons near St. Louis County, MO and can involve different types of vehicles and collisions. A few of the typical causes of car crashes in St. Louis County, MO are:
- Distracted driving: This happens when a driver is not paying attention to traffic or the road because they are texting, eating, drinking, adjusting the radio, engaging in conversations with passengers, or doing anything at all that takes their eyes, hands, or mind off the task of driving.
- Speeding: This happens when a driver exceeds the legal speed limit or drives too fast for the conditions of the road. Speeding greatly reduces the driver’s reaction time, expands the braking distance, and increases the severity of the accident.
- Drunk driving: This occurs when a driver operates a vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Driving under the influence impairs the driver’s reflexes, coordination, vision, and judgment, making them far more likely to cause an accident.
Various kinds of injuries and damages can happen depending on the type and cause of auto accident. Some of the common types of injuries and damages include:
- Whiplash: This is a neck injury caused by a sudden back-and-forth movement of the head during a collision. It can cause reduced range of motion, dizziness, headaches, stiffness, and severe pain.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI): This is a brain injury caused by a blow or jolt to the head during a collision. It can cause cognitive impairment, memory loss, mood changes, seizures, coma, or death.
- Spinal cord injury (SCI): A spinal injury caused by a fracture or dislocation of the vertebrae during a collision, an SCI can cause loss of bladder or bowel control, sexual dysfunction, tingling, numbness, and paralysis.
- Broken bones: These can affect any part of the body and cause infection, deformity, bruising, swelling, and severe pain. They are caused by the impact or pressure of a collision.
- Lacerations: These are cuts or tears caused by broken glass or metal during a collision. They can cause bleeding, scarring, nerve damage, or infection.
- Burns: Caused by hot fluids or fire from a collision, burns can lead to severe pain, infection, disfigurement, peeling, and blistering.
Auto accidents in St. Louis County, MO can have serious and lasting consequences for the victims and their friends and families. In addition to many of the physical conditions listed above, potential consequences of auto accidents can include emotional trauma – like post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, severe sadness, anger, remorse, or grief – and substantial financial hardships like medical expenses, vehicle repair, lost income, diminished earning potential, or burial expenses. The Halvorsen Klote auto accident legal team is here for you. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online.
Other cases we take on near St. Louis County, MO include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
What to Do After an Auto Accident in the St. Louis County, MO Area | Auto Accident Attorney St. Louis County, MO
If you or a loved one has been involved in an auto accident in the St. Louis County, MO area, it is critical to take certain steps to protect your health, safety, and legal rights. Here are some of the the steps you should take following an auto accident:
- Seek medical attention: The initial and most crucial step is to obtain medical attention for yourself and anyone else who may be injured in St. Louis County, MO. Even if you think your injuries are minor or you feel fine, you should still get checked by a medical professional as quickly as possible. Some injuries may not present symptoms immediately or may become worse over time. Getting medical attention can also help record the damages and connect them with the accident.
- Contact the police: The second step is to notify the police and document the accident. The police will arrive at the scene near St. Louis County, MO and investigate the accident. They will also generate a report that contains vital information like the date, time, exact location, weather, road conditions, witnesses, parties involved, damages, injuries, citations issued, etc. This report can be helpful for your legal claim in the future.
- Collect evidence: Collecting evidence from the scene of the St. Louis County, MO accident is the next step. This includes capturing pictures or videos of the vehicles involved, the damage sustained, the injuries suffered, the skid marks, the debris, the traffic signs or signals, etc. You should gather the names, addresses, phone numbers, license plate numbers, driver’s license numbers, and insurance information of all parties involved in the accident. You should also obtain the names and contact information of any witnesses who were present at the scene in St. Louis County, MO. Don’t forget to keep any receipts or bills related to your accident expenses.
- Refrain from admitting fault or signing anything without a lawyer: Be sure to avoid admitting fault or signing anything without a lawyer. Following an accident, the other party’s lawyer or insurance company may try to contact you. They might attempt to get you to admit fault for the St. Louis County, MO accident, sign a document that releases your right to sue, or accept a lowball offer. You should absolutely refrain from engaging in these activities without talking to your own lawyer first. Anything you say or sign can be used against you later and reduce your chances of getting fair compensation.
- Seek legal advice: The last step is to immediately seek legal advice from a knowledgeable St. Louis County, MO auto accident lawyer. A skilled attorney from Halvorsen Klote can help you understand your legal rights and options, analyze your case, compile evidence, present claims, manage insurance companies, negotiate settlements, prove liability and damages, or take the case to trial. An attorney can also help you prevent common mistakes that can harm your case, such as failing to meet deadlines, providing contradictory statements, or settling for less than you deserve. Give HK Law a call now at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.
Benefits of Hiring Halvorsen Klote | Auto Accident Attorney St. Louis County, MO
Hiring a St. Louis County, MO auto accident attorney from Halvorsen Klote can have a significant effect on the outcome of your case. Here are some of the benefits of hiring one of our skilled lawyers:
- No fees unless we win
- Experienced trial lawyers
- Focus on personal injury cases
- Available 24/7
- Real results for our clients
- “Just wow. I never expected the outcome of my case to EXCEED my expectations. This firm knows what they are doing when it comes to personal injury matters. They are easy to get ahold of and are very helpful. Safe to say, I found my firm for life.” - Kala Carpenter
- “Highly recommend! They had exceptional customer satisfaction and did everything possible to help the customer!!” - Tyler Cowan
- “Had a wonderful and very positive experience dealing with everyone at the office. I had no idea what I was walking into and they helped me every step of the way! I would definitely recommend checking with them for your legal worries and you will feel awesome dealing with such a good team!” - Hunter Dale
Halvorsen Klote doesn’t charge any upfront fees for legal representation in St. Louis County, MO. We work on a contingency basis, meaning you only pay us a percentage of the settlement or verdict if we win your case. If we don’t win, you don’t pay anything.
We have a team of talented and experienced trial lawyers who are not afraid to take your case to court if necessary. We have won millions of dollars for our clients near St. Louis County, MO and have taken on countless cases involving car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, dog bites, slip and fall injuries, nursing home negligence, wrongful death, and more in and around St. Louis County, MO.
HK Law focuses exclusively on personal injury cases. We are well-versed in managing the complex legal issues that arise in St. Louis County, MO car accident cases. We know how to deal with insurance companies, prove liability and damages, and obtain fair and just compensation for our clients.
At Halvorsen Klote, we pride ourselves on our communication and responsiveness. Our legal team is available 24/7 to answer your questions and address your concerns. During the entire process, we’ll keep you updated and involved, ensuring that you are comfortable with each decision we make.
Halvorsen Klote has a demonstrated track record of success in obtaining favorable results for our clients in St. Louis County, MO. Our firm has received glowing feedback and praise from happy customers who have experienced our professionalism, compassion, commitment, and success. The following are some examples of what our clients have expressed about us:
If you have been injured in an auto accident in St. Louis County, MO, you need an auto accident lawyer from Halvorsen Klote on your side. Contact us now for a free case review. We will listen to your story, assess your case, and advise you on the best course of action. We will vigorously advocate for your interests and rights and assist you in getting the compensation you deserve. You can call us at 866-382-4167 or fill out our online form online.
Don’t delay. Contact Halvorsen Klote right away and let us help you with your car accident case.