Auto Accident Attorney Affton, MO
Greater St. Louis and Southern Illinois Personal Injury Lawyers
Call 866-382-4167 for a Free Consultation | Affton, MOAutomobile Accident Lawyers
Auto accident attorney in Affton, MO. Auto accidents can happen in the blink of an eye near Affton, MO. If a careless and reckless driver in the Affton, MO area was responsible for an accident, you need an auto accident attorney who will work for you to recover damages from the liable party. However, not all auto accident lawyers are created equal in the Affton, MO area. You need a reputable and knowledgeable law firm that puts you and your needs first. You need Halvorsen Klote. We advocate for victims of auto accidents in Affton, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis and Southern Illinois.
We have gotten successful results for our clients near Affton, MO in a variety of vehicle accident claims, including:
How Halvorsen Klote Can Help You in the Affton, MO Area | Auto Accident Attorney Affton, MO
Were you aware that in 2022, there were 1,040 fatalities in car crashes in Missouri and a multitude more that resulted in injuries on Missouri’s roadways? If you or a loved one has been involved in an auto accident near Affton, MO, you may be confronting legal complexities, financial challenges, emotional anguish, and physical discomfort. You may be curios how to obtain adequate compensation for your injuries and losses.
That’s precisely why you need an experienced auto accident attorney from Halvorsen Klote. Our attorneys specialize in providing top legal representation for victims of auto accidents in Affton, MO. They can assist you in navigating the difficult legal process, negotiating with insurance companies, and obtaining fair and just compensation.
A personal injury law firm based in St. Louis, Halvorsen Klote has years of experience handling Affton, MO car crash cases. We have won countless cases for our clients and have been graced with rave reviews from numerous satisfied customers. Our lawyers are committed to serving victims and their families throughout the Affton, MO area. Give us a call right now at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.
Causes and Types of Auto Accidents in Affton, MO | Auto Accident Attorney Affton, MO
Auto accidents can happen for various reasons near Affton, MO and can involve different types of vehicles and collisions. Some of the typical causes of auto accidents in Affton, MO are:
- Distracted driving: This takes place when a driver is not paying attention to the road or the traffic because they are talking on the phone, eating, drinking, changing the music, talking to passengers, or doing anything at all that takes their eyes, hands, or mind off the task of driving.
- Speeding: This happens when a driver exceeds the legal speed limit or drives too fast for the conditions of the road. Speeding diminishes the driver’s reaction time, increases the braking distance, and increases the severity of the accident.
- Drunk driving: This happens when a driver operates a vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Driving under the influence impairs the driver’s reflexes, coordination, vision, and judgment, making them more likely to cause an accident.
Depending on the type and cause of auto accident, different kinds of injuries and damages can occur. The following are some of the common injuries and damages:
- Whiplash: Caused by sudden, back-and-forth movement during a collision, this is a serious neck injury that may not display symptoms right away. It can cause reduced range of motion, dizziness, headaches, stiffness, and severe pain.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI): This is a brain injury caused by a blow or jolt to the head during a collision. It can cause cognitive impairment, memory loss, mood changes, seizures, coma, or death.
- Spinal cord injury (SCI): A spinal injury caused by a fracture or dislocation of the vertebrae during a collision, an SCI can cause loss of bladder or bowel control, sexual dysfunction, tingling, numbness, and paralysis.
- Broken bones: These are fractures caused by the impact or pressure of a collision. They can affect any part of the body and cause pain, swelling, bruising, deformity, or infection.
- Lacerations: These are cuts or tears caused by broken glass or metal during a collision. They can cause bleeding, scarring, nerve damage, or infection.
- Burns: Caused by hot fluids or fire from a collision, burns can lead to severe pain, infection, disfigurement, peeling, and blistering.
Affton, MO auto accidents can have severe and lasting consequences for the victims and their friends and families. Along with many of the physical conditions listed above, potential consequences of auto accidents can include psychological distress – such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), fear, severe sadness, frustration, remorse, or loss – and substantial financial hardships like healthcare, vehicle repair, lost income, reduced earning capacity, or funeral costs. The Halvorsen Klote legal team is here for you. Call us today at 866-382-4167 or reach out to us online.
Other cases Halvorsen Klote takes on in the Affton, MO area include:
- Fatal Car Accident Lawyer
- Bike Wreck Lawyer
- What to Do After a Car Accident
- Premises Liability Attorneys
- Automobile Injury Attorney
- Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
- Lawyer for Bicycle Accident
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Injury Claim Lawyer
What to Do Following an Affton, MO Auto Accident | Auto Accident Attorney Affton, MO
If you or someone you care about has been involved in an auto accident in the Affton, MO area, it is critical to take certain steps to protect your health, safety, and legal rights. The following are the steps you should take after an auto accident:
- Seek medical attention: The initial and most important step is to seek medical assistance for yourself and anyone else who may be injured in Affton, MO. You should get by a medical professional as quickly as possible, even if you feel fine or you think your injuries are minor. Some injuries may not present symptoms immediately or may deteriorate over time. Getting medical attention can also help establish your injuries and connect them with the accident.
- Contact the police: The second step is to notify the police and report the accident. The police will come to the scene near Affton, MO and look into the accident. They will also write a report that details critical information such as the date, time, precise location, weather, road conditions, witnesses, parties involved, damages, injuries, citations issued, etc. This report can be useful for your legal claim later on.
- Collect evidence: Gathering evidence from the scene of the Affton, MO accident is the next step. This includes capturing pictures or videos of the vehicles involved, the vehicle and/or property damage sustained, the injuries suffered, the debris, the skid marks, the traffic signs or signals, etc. You should get the names, addresses, phone numbers, license plate numbers, driver’s license numbers, and insurance information of all parties involved in the accident. You should also record the names and contact information of any witnesses who witnessed the incident in Affton, MO. Don’t forget to retain any bills or receipts related to your accident expenses.
- Refrain from admitting fault or signing anything without a lawyer: Be sure to refrain from admitting fault or signing anything without a lawyer. Following an accident, the other party’s lawyer or insurance company may try to contact you. They might try to get you to admit fault for the Affton, MO accident, sign a document that waives your right to sue, or accept a lowball settlement offer. You should absolutely avoid doing any of these things without consulting with your own lawyer first. Anything you sign or say can be used against you at a later date and diminish your chances of getting fair compensation.
- Seek legal advice: The final step is to immediately seek legal advice from a knowledgeable Affton, MO auto accident lawyer. A skilled attorney from Halvorsen Klote can help you understand your legal options and rights, evaluate your case, compile evidence, file claims, deal with insurance companies, prove liability and damages, negotiate settlements, or proceed to trial. A lawyer can also help you avoid typical errors that can harm your case, like failing to meet deadlines, giving inconsistent statements, or accepting an inadequate settlement. Call HK Law right away at 866-382-4167 or contact us online.
Benefits of Hiring Halvorsen Klote | Auto Accident Attorney Affton, MO
Hiring a Affton, MO auto accident attorney from Halvorsen Klote can have a significant effect on the outcome of your case. The following are examples of the advantages of hiring one of our skilled lawyers:
- No fees unless we win
- Experienced trial lawyers
- Focus on personal injury cases
- Available 24/7
- Real results for our clients
- “Just wow. I never expected the outcome of my case to EXCEED my expectations. This firm knows what they are doing when it comes to personal injury matters. They are easy to get ahold of and are very helpful. Safe to say, I found my firm for life.” - Kala Carpenter
- “Highly recommend! They had exceptional customer satisfaction and did everything possible to help the customer!!” - Tyler Cowan
- “Had a wonderful and very positive experience dealing with everyone at the office. I had no idea what I was walking into and they helped me every step of the way! I would definitely recommend checking with them for your legal worries and you will feel awesome dealing with such a good team!” - Hunter Dale
Halvorsen Klote does not charge any upfront fees for legal representation in Affton, MO. We work on a contingency basis, which means that you only pay us a percentage of the settlement or verdict in the event of a successful outcome. If we do not win, you do not pay anything.
We have a staff of skilled and knowledgeable trial lawyers who are not reluctant to take your case to court when necessary. We have won substantial settlement amounts for our Affton, MO clients and have represented numerous cases involving car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, dog bites, slip and fall injuries, nursing home negligence, wrongful death, and more in and around Affton, MO.
We focus exclusively on personal injury cases. We have the knowledge and expertise to handle the challenging legal issues that arise in Affton, MO car crash cases. We understand how to deal with insurance companies, establish liability and damages, and seek fair and just compensation for our clients.
At Halvorsen Klote, we pride ourselves on our communication and responsiveness. Our legal team is available 24/7 to answer your questions and address your concerns. We will keep you informed and updated during the entire process and make sure you are comfortable with every decision we make.
Halvorsen Klote has a proven track record of success in obtaining favorable results for our clients in Affton, MO. We have garnered glowing feedback and praise from happy customers who have experienced our professional approach, compassion, devotion, and success. Below are a few testimonials of what our clients have expressed about us:
If you have been in an auto accident near Affton, MO, you need an auto accident attorney from Halvorsen Klote on your side. Reach out to us today for a free consultation. We will listen to your story, assess your case, and advise you on the best course of action. We’ll vigorously advocate for your rights and interests and help you get the compensation you deserve. You can call us at 866-382-4167 or complete our online form online.
Don’t wait any longer. Get in touch with Halvorsen Klote today and allow us to help you with your car accident case.